General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Gahh running so late but wanted to put a cpl arrows since I can't even see the lines barely once uploaded!:growlmad:
FRER-9dpoOpen.jpg
FRER-9dpoOpen2.jpg
Ugh bottom phot arrow a bit to left of line sorry

I didn't need arrows for the first signal. I think I see something in the first frer pic and something is catching my eye on the second. I see the faint line on the FS. :) FXed!

DMV = department of motor vehicles. They incorrectly entered my car's VIN in their database so I was denied my registration. I have been playing back and forth with them all month (meanwhile my reg expired) so tomorrow is my appointment and I am not leaving without my f***ing tags.

I booked an appointment based on fake symptoms (tee her haha) for tomorrow right after work. It's at 2:30 and my dmv appointment is at 3:40. There shouldn't be traffic getting there, but parking SUCKS at this dmv. So I can't promise this doctor will do an ultrasound, but I figure she will.

Ok, I'm lyme-y and I can't remember everything I want to reply to so let me do this...
Yeah, those ducklings probably wouldn't appreciate the winter too much...
I'd like to incubate some eggies eventually, but we don't have the equipment yet. Hoping i'll just get a broody duck instead, but not very likely...anyway, we need to see if we can even sell the dang eggs before we worry about adding more to the flock.

4 eggs average out of 51 layers....how sad :dohh: pL, when do you think i can expect more to lay? They're 24ish weeks old, except my two buffs which are 6 months older.

Couple of different factors: if they were hatched this year, you may be waiting until next spring. If they are last years hatches, they may just be going through a molt shortly if they haven't yet. At 24 weeks, they should start to lay any day, unless your days are too short then they may not lay until spring. If days are too short try adding some light to the coop.
Some duck breeds rarely lay through the winter especially in their second winter, they'll take time off.

They were hatched April 20th, so this is their first year. As such we already extended daylight hours to avoid molt this year, since they really did just get their adult feathers. We're just waiting for them all to start laying...I guess its like low hcg, gotta start at zero!

Tbh apart from taking pregnancy vitamins & now drinking grapefruit juice im not doing anything diff, still drinking lol i dont smoke though!

Question girls - Thrush - Does this affect the flow of your Period?? I know it sounds abit dumb but i pretty sure i got thrush (sorry tmi) but got my period this morning as we know, it was brown at first & then went reddy but its much lighter than i usually get for the first day??! We all know when its heavy in the shower & you can feel it trickling out (sorry gross..) but nothing, its like its near the end of it kind of if you know what i mean? Maybe the big flow will come in tomorrow.. Im abit concerned as to whether or not take my Thrush tablet as if it says if pg not to take it :-///

LOVE how "tmi" we get on here lol; this didn't bug me at all, i was like...yup, i know that feeling haha. I don't know about the thrush but i've heard of women getting UTI's when pregnant....so maybe?

I didn't need arrows for the first signal. I think I see something in the first frer pic and something is catching my eye on the second. I see the faint line on the FS. :) FXed!

DMV = department of motor vehicles. They incorrectly entered my car's VIN in their database so I was denied my registration. I have been playing back and forth with them all month (meanwhile my reg expired) so tomorrow is my appointment and I am not leaving without my f***ing tags.

I booked an appointment based on fake symptoms (tee her haha) for tomorrow right after work. It's at 2:30 and my dmv appointment is at 3:40. There shouldn't be traffic getting there, but parking SUCKS at this dmv. So I can't promise this doctor will do an ultrasound, but I figure she will.

J, I see a faint line! Can't wait for FMU!

Dobs, uuuugggghhh dmv....gov run anything is so painful to deal with! The social security office accidentally "killed" my aunt in law. She had to go through months of hell to prove she wasn't dead. It takes one click of a careless employee to check "deceased" next to a human, but it takes said human MONTHS to repair the damage. she had to get her original birth certificate, and she was collecting social security and they were trying to arrest her for fraud on collecting a dead woman's money.............a mess.

ANYWAY, yay for an early ultrasound! Can't wait to see how that goes!

HI JAX!!! Welcome to the madness! My vote is buy a cheapie and test FMU tomorrow and use the FRER Thursday morning.

Thx ladies!
I admit I seee some very very faint lines, but def need much stronger lines before I am considering it a bfp
OMG my older son works at a pizza place called Jet's...He made a BBQ Chicken Pizza for me! BBQ sauce, Chicken, Bacon red onions, and it is on a semi thick crust omg totally pre bfp food LOL
I am def working on growing a baby dragon when I do get a bfp...but if that 7dpo dip was implant, with that dark streak the next day, then I wouldn't expect to see anything decent until tomoro or the next day.
Anyhoo on the way to get older son, younger son was losing his game and yelled WHAT THE F%$&*! LOL was really funny as we are all gamers, but had to play it down with the mommy voice- Don't say that ok, that's a bad word.
Inside I was like :rofl:

HAHA J, that's how I feel with my students! Like they say and do stupid s*** to make me laugh, but I have to pretend it's not funny. Today's came from another student who wasn't mine but is a twin of mine. He just ran up behind an unsuspecting female chaperone, slapped her a**, and said, "Nice butt!" Obviously the heat is very much alive in his parents' relationship hahaha

Gigs, the low hcg comment in relation to ducks is hilarious. Sorry this week is such a shitty week! But Sat is far away! The rain will be gone (and it better stay away!).

Took these after work... What's your thoughts

https://s15.postimg.org/56toyijqf/image.jpg

https://s15.postimg.org/c8rmkpnc7/image.jpg

I feel like i may see something on the second test, but not seeing anything on the cb just yet. But considering you are anywhere from 8 to 12dpo, definitely keep testing. FXed!

I need to sell something so I can get nothing but frers lol.
I hate seeing something faint on another brand an the frer I see nothing really:growlmad:
I've tried 80 diff angles can't get anything better than i got sigh...
Maybe I have a tortoise instead of a dragon LOL
Dobby I think you got the dragon(s) with that triple hcg!:haha:

J, i thought you wrote "semi truck crust" and i was thinking, dang, that must be some epic pizza!

Definitely hoping for an obvious darker line tomorrow. I'll be staalllkingg....

Dobs, thanks for the positive thoughts. What a week...I hope it ends positively! I was doing some math and at ~40 eggs a day at @8/dozen, we,re looking at upwards of $800/month from eggs. Now a third of that will be spent on more feed and taxes, but still, not bad at all!
PL, do you think it's reasonable to expect 40ish eggs a day from 51 birds? 37 are white layers, 3 are khaki campbells, and 9 are cayugas (obviously a lower lay rate from them), 2 are buffs.

Hi bless! I see something faint on the pink dye test but not on the blue one.

Dragons!!!! Jk one dragon. Where did this dragon tortoise thing come from? I really hope she scans me tomorrow. I want to make sure there is one and only one dammit!

Gigs... I love all these ducks terms. I dunno why, but they make me smile hahaha. $800 a month sounds great! I can't imagine what feeding 50+ ducks costs. I know my five pets cost me $350 a month. Part of why the kittens and snake are going up for adoption.

I need to sell something so I can get nothing but frers lol.
I hate seeing something faint on another brand an the frer I see nothing really:growlmad:
I've tried 80 diff angles can't get anything better than i got sigh...
Maybe I have a tortoise instead of a dragon LOL
Dobby I think you got the dragon(s) with that triple hcg!:haha:

That's how I feel about frers. They really break the banks after buying a few boxes! Lol luckily last time I was at Walmart they had a 3 pack for 12.99$ and an attached 3$ coupon! So I got 3 for 9.99$. I was estatic and wish I had bought 3 boxes. I'm feeling confident that I can hold out until AF is supposed to show this time since it's such a short period of time.

Bless- I see a faint 2nd line on the 2nd one (dollar test??)
The blue I can't tell. They blow up huuuuge lol when I click on them, but I def think I see something pink on 2nd one! FX!
:dust:

J, i thought you wrote "semi truck crust" and i was thinking, dang, that must be some epic pizza!

Definitely hoping for an obvious darker line tomorrow. I'll be staalllkingg....

Dobs, thanks for the positive thoughts. What a week...I hope it ends positively! I was doing some math and at ~40 eggs a day at @8/dozen, we,re looking at upwards of $800/month from eggs. Now a third of that will be spent on more feed and taxes, but still, not bad at all!
PL, do you think it's reasonable to expect 40ish eggs a day from 51 birds? 37 are white layers, 3 are khaki campbells, and 9 are cayugas (obviously a lower lay rate from them), 2 are buffs.

Hi bless! I see something faint on the pink dye test but not on the blue one.

That's a lot of birds!!! I have been telling DH I want chickens. Not having to buy eggs sounds great.

Breeaa, I LOVE when that happens! I no shame (okay a little shame) take multiple packs and go though the self checkout. I know the cashiers will happily do multiple transactions, but I don't want to answer questions or deal with the raised eyebrows.

It ain't cheap....but that's 'cause we feed organic, soy free and corn free food. It's about 280/month....which will be more soon because of winter. They get most of their food foraging.

My duck terms were just the breeds lol...easier than naming them all ;) although we did name a few...the two buff ladies are Buffy and Buffy, we have two fawn and white runner ducks we call "the twins", one khaki campbell mixed with a rouen we call "Mixy", and the alpha of the whole flock is a black runner duck we call "Tony", or "Ol' Tone". The ladies flirt with him constantly!

Oh and i was alone today running errands and almost...ALMOST....went to get more $tree tests. But i have 10 tests total, and i figure if any of those go positive and i run out, i can always buy more later. No need to stalk up any more right now.

Hahahaah cute! Have we done a duck hunting video yet? I want to see where they puts their eggies

Since you have males and females, do you separate fertilized eggs from non-fert? Cuz don't those typically sell for more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->