General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Dobs yikes that’s scary! For future reference, it’s grease fires that you can’t use water on. It’ll make the flaming oil spit everywhere and the fire will spread. Also an electrical fire since water is a conductor of electricity, you shouldn’t use water on those cuz you could get electrified and that would be very bad. But it’s so hard to remember that stuff while panicking in the moment.

Right? All the logic came back later. I was pretty sure grease fires are no. But I was thinking electric maybe but then I wasn’t sure if electric stove counter :rofl: hopefully febreeze works on this couch cuz it stinks and I’m over it

oh gosh dobby that sounds so so scary!!! I remember having small kitchen fire a few years back and absolutely panicking! Luckily it wasn’t a grease or electric fire so my instinct to throw water on it didn’t doom us further!!

As a side note if you do have a grease fire then throwing a damp (not dripping) tea towel on top will give you a lot more time to find something that will block out the air (once fire has run out of oxygen it goes out itself)

I’d also add that if you don’t have a fire extinguisher in your kitchen, you should really get one!

Wookie I'm pretty excited to have 3 girls. I didn't have any gender disappointment this time. I think they will have an amazing bond. It'll be interesting to see, I never had a sister.

Dobby glad AF finally arrived. I hate hormone weirdness.

Ouch! Glad it was okay in the end. Definitely 2nd Shae about having an extinguisher in the kitchen.

Pretty the new and expired test look practically the same so I would think your positive earlier was a true positive. Are you going to test soon?

Sorry for the leak. We had one not long after we moved. I was thankfully off work that day so prevented any damage.

Shae sorry you have to have them removed. I had mine done when I was 16 or 17. It wasn't the worst but I did take the lortabs pretty regular for the first 4 or 5 days.

Kitty that's crazy flooring is already bad. I'd probably leave a bad review as this shouldn't happen in such a short time and their very poor response to you.

How are things settling now with E and J? Are you feeling okay too?

AFM sorry life has been very busy. I read along but hard to comment.

kitty - That sucks about your floor. It's so shitty when companies can't even admit it's their fault, especially when kids get hurt. :/

shae- Sorry to hear that you'll be needing surgery. Get someone to film you when you first come to and maybe you'll say some crazy stuff and you can send it to AFV and win $10K. lol

Dobby - Jeez, glad to hear you're both ok (minus the trip down the stairs) and that you were able to put the fire out fairly quickly.

Flueky - I've been testing (pg and OPKs daily) for a few days at least, but only getting negatives for both. IF June 7 was O day, that would mean today (June 21) is 14dpo. If I don't see anything by tomorrow, it's probably time to give up, right? We also DTD again a few night ago. That's why I'm doing the OPKs, but I'm not really holding my breath with that either.

AFM, my mom's pretty much handling all the leak and insurance stuff and I don't wanna pester her with question, so I'm not quite sure when certain things are happening. SO and I are SUPPOSED to be going to his place tomorrow with a small UHaul to bring what's left of his furniture over, but as far as I know, he hasn't booked a van or the moving elevator, so I dunno. Otherwise, just life as usual. Alex is back at daycare 3 days a week. The first day was a struggle cuz you can't walk the kids to their classes, so there were some tears. But he went almost willingly by day 3.

fluek hope it’s a good busy <3

pretty that’s awesome he’s back at school! Sorry the first couple drop offs were rough :(. Hopefully you’re getting some you time. I get not wanting to pester your mom. Fxed things are going smoothly

Thanks everyone. I’m sore all over from the tumble, but it doesn’t keep me from getting by. I actually do have a fire extinguisher, but in the moment totally forgot about it :rofl:

hope everyone had a good Father’s Day! We went to lunch out on the marina. Very cook to see how some cities are just nailing distance dining. Was rough going cuz we are at a brewery and I usually love their flights and cocktails, but I held fast and strong. Seven weeks now :). Starting to get hard to say no haha

Pretty haha I definitely should have SO film me, when he got his out he wouldn’t stop playing with his beard and saying how it was fuzzy :haha: but I’m planning on getting general anesthesia and he did nitrous oxide cuz he throws up from general (he got ear tubes as a kid and had general) whereas I had no issue with it during my surgery so KNOCK ME OUT.

Dobs wow 7 weeks that’s amazing! So proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself and your willpower! It takes strength!

DRAMA ALERT

Ugh my mom just caused major family drama with my cousin. They were arguing politics on Facebook and her friends were also arguing with him and basically said his opinions were just because he was young etc. And THEN my mom called his dad a bigot (his dad DIED LAST YEAR) and said he hadn’t inherited his mom’s compassion and basically that something went wrong with him. And then she told us that he called her the c word all horrified, like no crap mom, you insulted him and his dead dad! My dad and sister and I are horrified at her behavior and she still thinks she did nothing wrong. She’s so “holier than thou” when it comes to politics and thinks she’s always right. So I messaged my cousin and apologized for her behavior and he said he appreciated it and he doesn’t normally like to be vulgar but she really hit below the belt so to speak and it set him off. Thank god he didn’t get mad at me too cuz I’d be so mad if she’d ruined the whole family’s relationship with him. So now I’m just super worked up and stressed and took an anxiety pill to try to chill tf out cuz I’m all like AHHHHHH about the whole thing.

Oh biggest hugs. It sounds like your cousin won’t let it affect his other familial relationships. Hopefully with time your mom sees what she did and apologizes. If not, you can only control your relationships not hers. Sorry it got so bad you needed a pill. Hope you get some rest

Shae we’ll definitely need post surgeries stories

Pretty I'm assuming you haven't got a bfp. I'm hoping maybe you've just been busy though

Dobby yes it's mostly been a good busy. We had our wall downstairs repaired and the guy was very unprofessional. Didn't cover anything like he siad he would so lots of clean up and work has been busy for me as well.

It's definitely hard to think clearly in some situations, emergency. It's just too easy to look back and say I should have done this.

Yay for sticking to sobriety! Proud of you :)

Shae general anesthesia can cause some weirdness too. It made me cry for no reason lol

I'm glad your mom's actions didn't destroy your relationship with your cousin. I hope she will realize what she said was wrong and apologize.

Sorry it’s a really selfish post

Today’s been a really bad day. My husband accidentally left a Stanley knife on the worktop and Evie managed to get it, open it and cut her thumb whilst I wasn’t looking. Damage is superficial but my heart stopped when I saw all the blood and she wouldn’t let me look at it for about 40 minutes so I had no idea for an awfully long time if we were going to a+e or not. She also managed to cut her foot in the garden and bleed all over the place. Then when my husband gave her a bath (she loves baths) she managed to tip half a bottle of ‘no more tears’ shampoo on her hair, this then went in her eyes and believe me there were so many tears trying to wash the stingy soap out my husband started crying (he NEVER cries, I mean 3 times total including this time in the entire time I’ve known him) because as he put it ‘I felt like I was water boarding her and she was screaming for me to stop but then screaming from the pain of the soap, and it’s my fault she cut her thumb and that could have been so much worse’. I ended up throwing water in her face to try and get the soap out. It was traumatic. I’m traumatised and I’m worried she is as well. Honestly I’m in bits today. It’s felt like one massive parenting fail.

56AD05A2-45F7-4320-BE18-2CC1D43B3BAA.jpeg 7902DB62-3D45-4FED-88FC-5F3E947980FE.jpeg

Oh Kit biggest hugs. It hurts so much when they hurt. But she’s so young that she’ll forget it soon. Even if she doesn’t, she knows you both love her and it’s just accidents. And gosh when those cuts bleed so much is awful. And seriously wtf is with no tears shampoo?! IMHO They cause the worst fears! Just hug hugs. Don’t beat yourself up. Do some self love and care tonight when she goes to bed

shae - Jeez, that sucks. I unfortunately have quite a family history of relatives going years without talking. Glad that she didn't ruin the relationship for everyone. Does she have a history of doing stuff like this?

Flueky - No, no BFPs at all. I'm doing opks daily, but I'm also still BFing. Probably gonna throw in a weekly pg test, just to be sure. I also just found out my cousin (who had a baby in Aug '18) is expecting again for Nov. Her younger sister just had a baby in May and a cousin on SO's side is expecting #2 in Sept. I feel so barren and broody. -.- lol

kitty - Aww, everyone has bad days as a parent. But she'll be fine and won't remember any of that. You can't go back and change things, just gotta move forward and make sure she gets some extra cuddles and kisses for a few days.

AFM, SO and I were able to move all but his TV and computer chair to my house on Monday night. 17 more days til we take possession of the townhouse. And I'll be starting intermittent fasting with some moderate keto next week. I've got literally 100lbs to lose to be able to get into a healty weight range. :/

Kitty oh jeez I’m sorry you had such a rough day. I hope she’s feeling better now. I’m sure she’ll either forget about it or think it’s a funny story to tell (much more likely to forget at under 3 years old). I still tell the story of peeling off my fingernail while peeling apples at 4 years old, and while it was terrible when it was happening, pretty much as soon as it was over it was a cool story. Anyway I hope her cuts heal up fast and tomorrow is better.

Pretty yay for townhouse soon! Good luck with the weight loss!
Re: my mom, no she doesn’t have a history of this as far as I know. She ended up apologizing after a good night’s sleep to reassess and reset.

Pretty yeah that sucks when it seems like everyone around you is expecting and you’re broody. Hugs. You’re def not barren. FXed for you. Congrats on being just about moved and getting those keys! Such an exciting time!

Shae glad she apologized :)

Flueks yay for good busy can’t believe you’re 20 weeps tomorrow!!

afm Aiden is back on a 5:30 wake up. I think it’s because it so f*ing got we have to keep the window open to breathe/sleep. But we’re close ish to train tracks (3/4 blocks) and that f-ing 5:30 train lays on it horn every time it crosses a certain intersection. Most trains are super quiet and you never hear them inside or it’s super faint and relaxing outside. But that one is like whhhhhyyyt it’s so early!!!!

Dobs yikes I’d be so mad about that train. I wish there was a way to soundproof his room but then you wouldn’t be able to hear him except with a monitor :/ that’s ridiculously early to be laying on the horn. I understand at 10 am or noon but 5:30 am? Hell nah.
Also sleeping in the heat is the worst. We just got a portable AC from Home Depot that has a hose that sticks out the window, and it works amazingly. My living room is freezing. It’s good for one large room only though, not an entire house, though only the rooms that always have the doors closed are still hot with it going. Our upstairs is pretty open concept minus the bedrooms and bathroom so it works out. This is the one we got if you’re interested, only issue we’ve had with it is that the remote doesn’t seem to work, the buttons on the unit do though and of course it cools super well.
Danby 14000 BTU (9000 SACC) Portable Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier and Ionizer in White-DPA140B1WDB-6 - The Home Depot

We still cosleep :rofl: I have too much anxiety to let him sleep alone on his room. Like it’s logical but also crazy talk. But I have no real pressure to move him out of my room since I don’t date. My house, my rules. Only upside to single life

I have one. Brand new still in the box in my closet. Too much anxiety to set it up and use it :rofl:

I really need to work on my anxiety. About to start some intensive trauma work. Not thrilled about it but I can’t keep avoiding it.

Dobs oof yeah you should really try your best to set that thing up because you’re both suffering from the heat. No judgement though, mental health can be incredibly complex and what makes you anxious isn’t the same as the next person etc, so I understand if you just can’t. Aiden is still pretty young so I don’t see why you shouldn’t co-sleep, I think it’s probably quite beneficial for him with the autism, having that safe routine with you. :hugs: Also I noticed your sober ticket, that’s so awesome!

Yeah it’s part the anxiety disorder and part trauma. Like all the reasons I don’t want him alone in a room at night and why I don’t want to install the ac unit is because all those what if situations happened to me, and by the grace of God I didn’t die.

but the cosleep its the only way he feels safe enough to sleep through the night

omg almost had the call the cops on my neighbor. To be fair I do have my dogs peeing along our shared fence cuz with covid i now use the other side of the patio for Aiden’s play space cuz it’s larger. I started it as an eff you to the daycare next door lol but now it’s just more convenient. When they have just freshly peed, yeah it can smell bad. They don’t drink enough water so it’s pretty concentrated. And if the breeze hits it just right, yeah. But honestly I just sprayed it down. And I less than a foot from their pee area when I’m out there. The whole patio is less than 15x15. I don’t smell it. If I do, I spray it. Anyway this ass comes at my door 5x no mask. Wouldn’t answer even if he had a mask. No note. So whatever. Yells at me through the wall. Like nope. Then today I have A out on the yard and he comes at me HARD all threatening and leaning over our shared face. Now, maybe if I was less pissy and my son wasn’t in a bathing suit and I didn’t have PTSD I would let it go. But the second he climbed up onto the fence, momma bear came out. Told him conversation was done and he kept popping off until I said if he keeps talking I’m calling the cops because his behavior is inappropriate. Had he not climbed up on the fence, I would have been fine having the conversation

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->