General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

In other news I’m gonna try home chef. I’m at 148 now, so being back at work has helped a little. Forbes had them listed as a good service for weight loss/meal kits, and I decided why not since the first box is 50% off and then recurring 10% off for teachers. It feels expensive but I feel like I’m spending just as much every week on junk so oh well. I tried some grocery store frozen foods and I gained weight not lost it. I know it’s more about exercising but I can’t find motivation atm. Though the 64 days til Bahamas is slightly motivational lol

Dobs it’s great that they’re so understanding and accommodating at the horse place!

I don’t think I’ve tried home chef. We try to go cheap on groceries cuz they’re so expensive these days, so I think it’d be significantly more expensive for us.

Ironic moment for me today…
Me: hm I haven’t started spotting yet and I’m 5dpo
Me:*looks down into toilet and sees small amount of blood*
Me: nevermind

:rofl: it was indeed spotting, my CM is now tinted. But hey, it waited until 5dpo, not as bad lol

Aaaaaand my temp dropped back down. I think my body enjoys stressing me out. It wants to feed on my cortisol.

IMG_0258.jpeg

The overall pattern is still elevated but this temp is quite low for post-o for me, so idk.

Tbh at this point this is becoming comedic to me :haha: I’ll check my progesterone on 7dpo, and if it’s not at least 10, I’ll know that the chance of pregnancy is near zero.

Last edited:
yes but your 6dpo........isn't there some sort of implantation dip that happens? ;)

Dobby that sounds lovely and is a good amount of time. Did I ever tell you I tried this with ds1? But the barn wasn't really specialized in sped kids. They said they could accommodate, and they did, but he didn't get to ride or anything, just groom. They evidently stress learning how to care for the animal above riding it...which I get, but like, not for a sped kid who you're trying to keep interested. He wasn't into it. And it was too expensive for us anyway.

Gigs I did think about that. Or alternatively, there’s often an estrogen surge around now. I guess we’ll see with the next few temps.

I put in example temps for pre-ovulation based on past cycles so I could see if I would get crosshairs, which I did. Idk. Agh.

IMG_0271.jpeg

very exciting to see what the next couple of days hold!!

I forgot to tell y'all...we went on a hike yesterday as a family, and it was so lovely! We went to this little spot in the mountains with a rocky path down to a beautiful waterfall. We sat at the bottom of the falls for a snack and everything was just so beautiful and it just felt like the right time to tell the kids about the pregnancy. I just started crying and looked at my husband and said, "Can we tell them?" and he was like, "If you want to.....you're crying?! Why?" and I just said, "I don't know, hormones probably..." I mean I was really fighting back tears, lol! So I told my kiddos; I said I "might" have a baby in my tummy, but we'll know for sure in a couple of weeks. They are all very excited! DS2 especially. He says he is going to teach the baby how to count and teach him/her words <3

I am really, really happy they know. I hated keeping it from them so it feels like a big relief, and now that they're excited, it helps me feel more excited.
I'll share a pic in a little bit off the falls

IMG_5020.jpeg

Kids & hubby climbing on the rocks.
Now I am wondering if anyone has every proposed here? It would be a perfect spot for it!

Gigs awwww that’s so adorable. Seems like a smart way of telling them this early, saying there might be a baby and we’ll find out in a few weeks. You get to share your excitement without having to worry about the risk of having to tell them the baby passed away, God forbid.

Love that you got to share that with them! Both the gorgeous hike and pregnancy news!

Shae I got no insight just sending baby dust

Gigs right?! Like I get it and people should have horsemanship but the degree to which some stables really demand it before riding is yikes. I especially don’t get it for stables who want to accommodate or are specifically geared towards neurodivergents. So thankful this stable is understanding. A can go a few lessons here and there totally on ground, but no more than 1-2 in a row and only if he’s medicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oneandonly
    Back
    monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
    <-- Admiral -->