Getting into the wedding shizzle: 20.09.13

paid the final registrar fees and £200 to the dj today. been STRESSING about those 2 for weeks, thank goodness it's done!!!!!!

xx

:happydance: not long to go. seriously wish I still had 17 weeks left

haha EmmyReece; I know what you mean. I am in NO hurry whatsoever!!!! hope your plans are going well. I'm planning on catching up with all the journals a bit later now iv finally got an evening off!!!!! ;)

Ooh 17 weeks! So close! I watched don't tell the bride last night n I already feel sick with nerves haha xxx

Oh my gosh, 17 weeks sounds like a lifetime to me :haha: That will go so quick!!

I think it is going fairly quickly Lauren, but the weeks seem to roll into
one at the moment. I work 6 evenings a week as a waitress as well as looking after my 3 under 4 all day, so I spend my weeks looking forward to my evening off. I'm exhausted!

I arranged transport for my DF to get to the wedding venue yesterday- a friend of mine has just bought a VW camper and has offered to collect him and his 2 best men in it. he'll be so excited, he's always wanted one!!

I also bought these https://www.dandycandy.co.uk/Product/largeheartdrum/Large-Heart-Lollipop-Drum-of-50 this morning for favours. I already have bomber cups and jaager for my DFs friends (lol) so these are for everybody else.

jobs for this week- send off music requests to registrar now we've paid them. I also need to pop to the venue to test out the second lot of desserts-we decided to change a couple of things about what we tried and now am happy with our choices thankfully.

I'm running out of things to do I think- other than work like crazy and SAVE more money!!!!!! the first hen is 4 weeks today!!!!!!! :happydance:

Sounds like you're really getting stuck into it :D

Hope the new dessert choices are better and you can make a decision

Chose our songs for the wedding last night! Whilst waiting for the bride, we've chosen '(today I met) the boy I'm gonna marry' by Darlene love,
'and then I kissed her' by the beach boys and 'will you still love me tomorrow' by the Shirelles.

I'm walking down the aisle to the Forrest Gump theme tune by Alan Silvestri

whilst signing the register; we are having 'signed sealed delivered' by Stevie wonder (LOL!) and Elton Johns 'your song'

and finally, when we leave as mr and mrs H, we are having 'wouldn't it be nice' by the beach boys

:cloud9:

Love, love, love those songs.

went back to the venue on Thursday to choose our dessert for the wedding breakfast! tried cheesecake and st Clements tart. both were lovely; a complete contrast to before!!!!!

we chose St Clements tart; with clotted cream. It was lovely and I'm really pleased with the choice. :)

I need to get people to finish paying for the bedrooms and send off the menu choices and place names to the printer this week!!

I have also finished the table plan this week!!!!! that was a bit of a ball ache but not as bad as I was expecting tbh. I'm glad it's done. xx

What's St Clements or is it as obvious as it sounds? I love clotted cream though nom nom nom :D xx

Glad the food was a lot better this time, bet that's made you feel a lot better about it now!

It's all coming together now :)

thanks for the lovely comments everyone :) and yep mummy may, St Clements tart is just what it sounds like- but reeeeeeallu yummy! haha.

did anyone else find that some people took aaaaaaaages to RSVP to the wedding and then sent a note 3 weeks late saying they weren't coming anyway?! so annoying!

xx

I've found that people didn't bother getting in touch about it until I gave in and chased them up :dohh: :grr: It's not even as if I made it difficult for them as each invite was provided with an rsvp envelope with a 2nd class stamp :wacko:

today is my hen weekend!!!!!!! (and I am suddenly RIDICULOUSLY nervous!)

we are leaving for Southampton at 11..... will update on the antics when we're back. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"