Gift advice - Options now added - please help me choose

Brady40

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to decide what gift OH and myself will be giving our friends who are expecting their first. I know my friend is intending to use cloth nappies and I know this involves a pretty hefty outlay. Do people tend to try out lots of different types of nappy before spending too much or would you get one of these starter kits of one type and then add to it as you go along?

Reason I was asking is that I thought a good gift would be trial packs of lots of different nappies. I know they are a bit strapped for cash and I really want to get them something useful (if all else fails I will just get them a gift card so they can decide what to buy with it). I think she will be tempted by the cheaper options / a big starter kit - would it be insulting of me to buy them some different types of more expensive nappies?

Basically - please could you think back to when you were first looking at cloth nappies. What would you have liked as a gift or should I just stay out of this area and think of a different gift?

Thankyou :flower:

https://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=313&zenid=4fvsb70q2f4jrb2c45gvp0urg4

This is gorgeous and has washable wipes too which will be really handy for them. I would love to have someone to buy it for!

Maybe if you were wanting to get them different ones to try youcould get them that and then a voucher/gift card for one of the main nappy websites like https://www.fill-your-pants.com or one of the other large ones.

:)

*link removed - I'm not allowed to post links yet*

This is gorgeous and has washable wipes too which will be really handy for them. I would love to have someone to buy it for!

Maybe if you were wanting to get them different ones to try youcould get them that and then a voucher/gift card for one of the main nappy websites like *link removed* or one of the other large ones.

Thanks Kirsten - those links are really helpful, and I like the idea of getting them a few nappies / wraps with a gift card. I don't want to force a particular type of nappy on them or make any assumptions about what they would like to use themselves IYSWM. Getting just two of three different types and then a gift card shows a bit more thought than just a gift card but hopefully won't be me stomping all over any plans they might have themselves :thumbup:

I could just ask her of course - but I'm fairly sure she will refuse if I offer...

Yeah sounds like a lovely idea. They would probably love whatever you got them, as long as it's pretty and easy to use no-one could not like it!

I got someone the WeeNotions pack, they LOVED it!
I think though a gift card for one of the nappy sites would be a very good idea as they could then get whatever they wanted.

I was gonna suggest the weenotions pack. It makes me want a newborn again lool
You could always get a couple of nappies, put them in a wicker basket, put pretty bows and stuff on it, a couple of gift cards, some washables wipes and do that as the present?

https://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=313&zenid=4fvsb70q2f4jrb2c45gvp0urg4

Maybe if you were wanting to get them different ones to try youcould get them that and then a voucher/gift card for one of the main nappy websites like https://www.fill-your-pants.com or one of the other large ones.

I would have been chuffed to recieve one of these...a friend of mine is expecting, maybe I should buy her one!

Thanks all - looks like I've got a plan.

Not having kids myself I'm not really up to speed with the websites you can get cloth nappies from - can anyone recommend which ever one has the best choice / stock? I've got the suggestion from Kirsten but are there any other good suppliers that I should be looking at?

I would have loved to have been given one of these sets when the boys were tiny!
Other websites I use are:

www.babykind.co.uk
www.fillyourpants.co.uk
www.kittikins.co.uk
www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
www.weenotions.co.uk

Jabula is luuuush!! Such pretty nappies, and they stock alot of american nappies that we wouldn't otherwise be able to afford as the postage etc is so high x

I would have loved to have been given one of these sets when the boys were tiny!
Other websites I use are:

Thankyou for all of those links - I think Twinkleontheweb are going to be the best as they seem to do a do a good variety and have vouchers too. The only problem I had with Fill Your Pants is the don't seem to do any Motherease which I've seen reviewed well. A lot of the other sites don't do vouchers which is a bit of a bummer!

OK... after much reading and list making I think I've come up with a couple of options:

Option 1 - Nappy Bagkit Size 1 from Twinkleontheweb:
1x Tots Bots Size 1 Applix
1x Flexitots Size 1
1x Motherease Sandys Size 1
1x Big Softy (BTP size)
Medium Rikki Wrap (cute animal theme!)
Nappy Bag
1x Nappi Nippa
Sample flushable liners
1x fleece liner
How To booklet
PLUS - 1x BumGenius V3 pocket nappy and possibly some resuable wipes.
PLUS - Vouchers

Option 2 - Buy a different set chosen by little ole me:
1x Bamboozle Stretch Size 2 (9-35lb)
1x Motherease Sandys Size small
1x Imse Vimsie One Size
Motherease Rikki Wrap Size medium
1x Bumgenius V3 (onesize)
PLUS - Vouchers

Option 1 is cheaper and you get more. Option 2 includes the Bamboozle stretch which seem to be very popular. Would appreciate any feedback on which you would prefer and why. Or should I get a more mixed selection with shaped / pocket / all in ones?

My friend is very much up for the money-saving aspect of cloth and I'm not sure that all in ones are the most economical and that is why I have left them out at the moment.

Help!!

EDIT - or the mystery option 3 which includes 1 / 2 nappies with a wrap, some of these long wool thingies and / or leg warmers, resuable wipes with whatever potion goes with them, mesh bag, nappy wet bag... PLUS vouchers.

out of those two options Id go with the second because Stretchies are FABULOUS.
Though honestly if I were to put together a selection based on economy (ie cheaper and BTP) it would be:

BGV3
TB Stretchie Size 2
Flip Organic
Flip Organic inserts x2
GreenKids Minky
Reusable wipes
Babyulegs/Huggalugs/other babyleg warmers
Wetbag

I would probably pee myself if I got those ....

Kirsten I'm having a baby in October ;) :rofl:

out of those two options Id go with the second because Stretchies are FABULOUS.
Though honestly if I were to put together a selection based on economy (ie cheaper and BTP) it would be:

BGV3
TB Stretchie Size 2
Flip Organic
Flip Organic inserts x2
GreenKids Minky
Reusable wipes
Babyulegs/Huggalugs/other babyleg warmers
Wetbag

I would probably pee myself if I got those ....

Thanks for that - looks like I will have to make up my own selecton rather than get one of the ready made kits... off to have another look now :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->