Gift ideas?

aley28

2 boys & a girl <3
Reaction score
My good friend is having a baby girl in August. Her baby shower is a couple of weeks away, and I am absolutely stumped on what to get for her!

I was going to go the easy route and just pick up some cute clothes, but she's mentioned a few times that her overly-excited mother has already bought enough clothes to last the first year. :rofl:

What other sorts of gifts would you give a first-time mommy? I'm having troubles remembering what I got at my baby shower, besides baskets and baskets of clothes. :dohh:

How about something for her? bath stuff/books etc.
Many people forget mummy when it comes to gifts xx

That's true. I found some super soft, super awesome slippers today... think I might pick those up for her. I'm trying to think of what was helpful for me when I had my son... its amazing what I've forgotten in only two years!

Get her a bracelet with the baby's initials on it. I want one of those! :)

You could get her a blanket for baby. Diapers and wipes are always useful! (although I understand that it's not that personal).

You could get her a kit with nail clippers/thermometer/etc. One thing I always give as a baby gift is a full size towel for the baby! I've never been a fan of those tiny hooded towels for baby. It's so much more cuddly if they're wrapped in a big, soft towel!!!

Oooh!! We got a first aid kid thingy, and it was actually super awesome to have. I think I'll definitely get her one of those. Good idea!

The problem with the bracelet thing is that they aren't giving her a for-sure name until they meet her. But I think that would be pretty nice to have after she's born! I wish I had one now... :haha:

I like the assortment idea, put together something with a couple recieving blankets, soother, socks, little outfit or hat, bath toy/bath cloths, baby shampoo, a toy etc...

OR I love those birth to year old picture frames with a picture for each month!! Or something for her is a great idea too....a massage, or a hair appointment etc!

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->