• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Girls around 30 weeks want to wait out the final stretch together? Update:32 weeks

Morning everyone, how are you?

I can hardly keep my eyes open these past few days, even with a day time nap :-/

Im packing a separate bag for me and baby. Im using a small suotcase as il probably be in for 4 or 5 nights.

Why will you be in so long?

I'm exhausted too, I just can't get to sleep. I have another 8 days at work and I'm not sure how I'm making it through. Two of those at 2-10 pm shifts

Im having a section, and I have an iffy bladder that doesn't like to work after the other previous sections :( was in for 7 nights with section no.1

I don't know how you guys manage at work, I handed my notice in. I couldn't do the 12 hour shifts, heavy lifting, and the beatings from residents.

Mazzy im so with you on the difficulty sleeping :sleep::sleep::sleep: my prego pillow doesnt seem to help much either these days :wacko: it gets in the way when i need to do the bum shuffle to turn over too :dohh: your lucky not to be working anymore :flower: i have just been written off work for 10 days too so hopefully i can catch up on some rest too :thumbup:

Jenny, how come your in for so long hun? i also remembered i need to pack socks and a towel!!!

Sarah Eak at those late shifts poor you :hugs: hope you manage to get through the next 8 days and rest up when your not working :flower:

Oops just seen your update Jenny, ignore me LOL hope your bladder doesnt play up hun :hugs: when is your section?

Oops just seen your update Jenny, ignore me LOL hope your bladder doesnt play up hun :hugs: when is your section?

Im getting hubby to bring me in a fresh towel every day, im paranoid about germs.

I should find out the end of the month when I can have it done :-D

Thats such a good idea about the towels :thumbup: i might leave a pile somewhere obvious so if i have to stay in hubby can do the same :thumbup: im hoping i wont have to stay in though :flower:

ooohh you must be so excited to find out :flower: will be amazing to know the day you get to meet the little person you have been growing for so long cloud9:

Thats such a good idea about the towels :thumbup: i might leave a pile somewhere obvious so if i have to stay in hubby can do the same :thumbup: im hoping i wont have to stay in though :flower:

ooohh you must be so excited to find out :flower: will be amazing to know the day you get to meet the little person you have been growing for so long cloud9:

Freshly washed towels daily are best, esp in germy hospitals. Im so paranoid of getting an infection.

Yeah im really excited about knowing when it will be :-D then can get hubbys time off work sorted too :-D

I can imagine something as simple as a soft clean nice smelling towel could make you feel much better after a shower in a stinky hospital :flower:

ohh yeah hubbys time off :thumbup: my hubbys company are quite laid back so i dont expect they will mind too much when it happens :thumbup: didnt think about having to let them know though :haha:

How much time does your hubby get? Mine only gets 2 weeks so will rely of holiday days and working from home to get more time with the baby :flower:

I can imagine something as simple as a soft clean nice smelling towel could make you feel much better after a shower in a stinky hospital :flower:

ohh yeah hubbys time off :thumbup: my hubbys company are quite laid back so i dont expect they will mind too much when it happens :thumbup: didnt think about having to let them know though :haha:

How much time does your hubby get? Mine only gets 2 weeks so will rely of holiday days and working from home to get more time with the baby :flower:

Yeah defo, plus the towel will smell like home too.

Yeah hubby will get his 2 weeks, we are trying to get another two weeks off too, as il need the extra help with the other two kids, school runs and all that jazz.

Mmmm home, i never realised how much you can miss home until i had to go to hospital the other night and didnt know if i was going to be let home that night :dohh: makes you appreciate home so much more when you think you cant have it :thumbup:

Ohh yeah this is number 3 for you isnt it :flower: i hope you manage to negotiate hubbys extra time off so you can rest up - is it 6 weeks recovery from a section?

I still havent managed to get some socks in my hospital bag but i did put a blanket in for the baby! I seem to be putting all manner of random things in these bags and not so much useful things :blush:

Mmmm home, i never realised how much you can miss home until i had to go to hospital the other night and didnt know if i was going to be let home that night :dohh: makes you appreciate home so much more when you think you cant have it :thumbup:

Ohh yeah this is number 3 for you isnt it :flower: i hope you manage to negotiate hubbys extra time off so you can rest up - is it 6 weeks recovery from a section?

I still havent managed to get some socks in my hospital bag but i did put a blanket in for the baby! I seem to be putting all manner of random things in these bags and not so much useful things :blush:

I get terribly home sick when iv had hospital stays. Day 3 hits post section and im crying constantly lol bloody hormones. Yeah its about that for driving and lifting, I wont get recovery time of 6 weeks lol. Too much stuff to do, but il be taking itbqas easy as possible untill I feel I can manage ok.

Im not putting any socks in my bag lol, just slippers.

LOL will you go home in your slippers??

I can only imagine how busy you must be with 2 little ones already and another on the way :wacko: hopefully you will be able to rest at least while hubby is home :hugs:

LOL will you go home in your slippers??

I can only imagine how busy you must be with 2 little ones already and another on the way :wacko: hopefully you will be able to rest at least while hubby is home :hugs:

Im dumping the slippers in wearing at the hospital in the bin on the way out, them hospital floors are too dirty to take home with me lol. Hubby will be driving us home, but I guess one pair of socks will be needed for that, bet I still forget them though haha.

Well they are not so little being 9 and 6, but still a right handful. They will have a big shock when baby arrives home. Iv already got them doing the washing up now.lol

Thanks Mazzy for the congrats and I'm hoping I can stay busy! Had a scare last night and had to go to hospital. Was playing outback and ended up getting hit directly in the belly with a wiffle ball... Those plastic baseball things with holes? Baby girl is fine but I have a pretty bad bruise on my tummy now. Luckily it was just a plastic ball not a softball! Ill have to be more careful! I've never been so grateful for the fat on my tummy protecting little one before!
The plus side is we now know exactly where to go when it's time for the real deal!

Super excited about the child birth classes tomorrow. Anyone else sign up? I've heard nothing but good about them and since my insurance pays for them I don't see any reason not to.

I didn't sign up, though I wanted too. My doctor said that they were "outdated and expensive" but I imagine that's just because of where they are held.

Let me know if you learn anything good.

I just got off the phone with EI canada, found out that I don't need to submit a doctors note to get my benefits paid for me. So I'm going to to still get the full 15 weeks maternity and 35 weeks parental starting the day that I leave work, so next Sunday!

Just got back from the first class. It was 3 hours long and really more for the support than the mother in my opinion. Since I already have read about labor there wasn't much new information. My OH said he learned a great deal and feels ready to support me through labor though so if only that then it was worth the three hours! Next week we will tour to facilities and talk about options on pain relief as well as talk about what will happen if we have to have a c section. There wasn't much time to be social so I didn't get to know the other moms to be and since it lasted so late I'm not doing my thirty minutes of cardio.... But overall, fun night!

We hit another wall with the vehicle search today! Going to bed tonight reminding myself that today may have been so so but it's over and we are one day closer to meeting our princess!!

Im dumping the slippers in wearing at the hospital in the bin on the way out, them hospital floors are too dirty to take home with me lol. Hubby will be driving us home, but I guess one pair of socks will be needed for that, bet I still forget them though haha.

Well they are not so little being 9 and 6, but still a right handful. They will have a big shock when baby arrives home. Iv already got them doing the washing up now.lol

:haha: maybe you could wear flip flops home if you not driving? The weather will hopefully be a bit nicer by then too :thumbup: good thinking ditching the hospital slippers :thumbup: think i will follow your lead on that as i have a pair just for the hospital and dont wanna bring germs home :thumbup:

Awww bless em they will LOVE their lil sis and im sure will be a great help to you :flower: my sis had the same age gaps with hers when she had my niece who is also now 6 :thumbup: They fuss over her like crazy :hugs:

:haha: maybe you could wear flip flops home if you not driving? The weather will hopefully be a bit nicer by then too :thumbup: good thinking ditching the hospital slippers :thumbup: think i will follow your lead on that as i have a pair just for the hospital and dont wanna bring germs home :thumbup:

Awww bless em they will LOVE their lil sis and im sure will be a great help to you :flower: my sis had the same age gaps with hers when she had my niece who is also now 6 :thumbup: They fuss over her like crazy :hugs:

yeah could do, nothing better than having the air on your feet when the weather is warm. Im really looking forward to summer :-D
Yup lets leave them germs in the hospital mwahhhahaha.

I just hope they dont wake her much, at first anyway. Although she is probably already half used to the madhouse lol. Freya can't wait to cuddle her. Leo isn't much bothered lol, but he is starting to act quite teenager-ish now.

How are you today hun?

ohhh yeahh i cant wait for the good weather :happydance: we had a couple of nicer days this week and its reminded me how lovely it is in the summer :flower:

Aww bless her, bet she is looking forward to having a lil sis :D

Not bad thanks hun, tired and gotta go back to the hospital for more bp checks today (sick of the sight of that place now LOL) but glad im not at work :thumbup: how are you feeling hun? xxx

ohhh yeahh i cant wait for the good weather :happydance: we had a couple of nicer days this week and its reminded me how lovely it is in the summer :flower:

Aww bless her, bet she is looking forward to having a lil sis :D

Not bad thanks hun, tired and gotta go back to the hospital for more bp checks today (sick of the sight of that place now LOL) but glad im not at work :thumbup: how are you feeling hun? xxx

I have a black and white polka dot summer dress waiting for some sunshine.

Yeah she is very excited. We have a 3d scan tomorrow, the kids cant wait.

Hope your bp stays level for you hun, wont be too much longer before our little lovelys are here :-D

Im feeling a bit better today. Had an awesome relaxing shower this morning :-D and ima get on with the house work.

awww yay how exciting :happydance: wish we could afford one of those :thumbup: will you share pics? Love seeing 3d scan pics :cloud9:

Glad your feeling better hun :hugs: boooo @ cleaning :nope: i have plenty of that to do too :dohh: wish i could go back to bed for a couple more hours instead :haha:

Thanks hun just 6 and a half weeks to go now :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->