Girls around 30 weeks want to wait out the final stretch together? Update:32 weeks

My friend went in and all those contractions didn't do anything. Well she went from 50 to 80 percent effaced but is still barely 2 cm (closer to 1 and a half) so they sent her home from hospital. She will be 38 weeks tomorrow so a little early to take castor oil in my opinion anyways!

Talked to my grandmother today who said I shouldn't bounce on the birthing ball because it will probably end up causing the cord to be around my babies neck which will strangle her. I swear this old lady drives me nuts! Anyone else get advice that's unnecessary or like in my case just plain wrong? I tell her that she's wrong and that if movement caused still births all pregnant women would be put on bed rest. Trying to respect my elders but lord help me she drives me insane most days!

Oh yeah, all the time. For me it's my Husbands Step Moms sister.

"Make sure you watch the movement, my friends baby died at 36 weeks"

WTF>.

WTF is right! I would be livid. People should learn to just shut the hell up and keep their opinions to themselves.

You bet!

No one wants to hear horror stories when they're pregnant!

Exactly. It's ridiculously insensitive of them. And if I wasn't a hormonal wreck that started crying when shit like that happens I'd say something but of course I end up just bitching at hubby hours after the fact instead!

It's nice out today so I'm gonna take a ride to the park and walk the hills there and swing a bit! Officially full term today so training for the marathon of labor begins!

I hope your swinging works for you :)

I'm going to make a toasted cheese sandwich and watch Captain America and pretend that Chris Evans is my latest fling...cause seriously...omg.

Walked for about an hour swinging in between laps and not even a single contraction. Decided to come home and put some music on and try to dance her into position. I made it through two songs but now I need a nap.

I totally love those videos on youtube of preggos rocking out.

Too fat to do it though LOL

Lol I'm not too fat to do it but DEFINITELY too fat to record it.

I'm willing to bet that at my doctors appointment this week I will be over 200 lbs :(

I'm willing to bet that at my doctors appointment this week I will be over 200 lbs :(

I hit 200 3 weeks ago. I've just decided that ill worry if I leave the hospital over 200. I got super depressed and then at the next appt I was 199 then last week 203 and I haven't changed anything at all except my water intake to fight the low fluid. Can't worry about it now.

I can't figure out why my weight gain has gone up so much, I'm at almost 5 lbs a week now.

I keep having random - and painful - contractions that never settle into anything :(

I still don't know what contractions feel like so I'm assuming I haven't experienced any yet. I just wish someone on here would hurry up and get the ball rolling on babies arriving! I've been cramping on and off and experiencing some back pain. I may go walk again but only because I want a donut and ill feel better if I walk after I eat it :)

My contractions seem to feel like having REALLY bad period pains. They take my breath away.

See I've caught myself holding my breath occasionally from the cramps I get but only because I'm feeling them in my back. And I notice that I usually only start feeling them when laying down. Hopefully my doctor can tell me something's progressed on Friday. This waiting around is no fun at all.

No kidding, I notice them worse when I'm laying down as well :(

I'm not a fan of waiting for anything lol 9 months is killing me.

Not to mention all of the "no baby yet?" Comments...ugh

I'm starting to notice a shit load of my "friends" coming back around now talking about how excited they are and "don't have her while I'm at work!" I honestly don't think I'll even tell anyone but family when it finally does happen (And of course announce on here!) because I don't want visitors while I'm at the hospital. Why should these people who have blown me off for the past 9 months because I can't drink with them be around for a moment this special? People love babies so of course they want to be around now but ill pass on the fakeness.

I totally feel ya, I ended up losing my "BFF" due to drama like that over the past 9 months.

Same here. It's really a shame but just goes to show that when you're at different places in life friendships don't always make it.

Must add, I've walked more today than ever in my life... Not on purpose, went to walk a new trail and got lost for over an hour! But saying this, I don't feel her any lower or any pressure. I'm thinking that walking may not work for me. Ah well... Maybe I'll end up with an easy labor because of it! I thought for sure once I got lost that my water would break out there!

Ah you ladies seem to have some signs that things are happening with cramps and what not. I've had no signs at all! :/ think I'm gonna go over- just doesn't seem like things r getting close at all!

Finally washed and ironed all my baby clothes today though! :) oh the excitement eh? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->