Girls around 30 weeks want to wait out the final stretch together? Update:32 weeks

Hiya ladies, my big boy arrived 26/4 at home as planned but then retained placenta so rushed to hospital. Ended up having segically remived an then blood transfusion due to massive blood loss. Spent 39hr in hospital but boy is nice an healthy an weighed 11lb2. Good luck to any of you still waiting. xxx

Ahh congratulations! What a big boy! Glad you're ok now xx

Congratulations on ur lovely big boy weffi! Glad all is well now x

Congrats weffi! What a huge baby!!!! Glad everything is okay now!

Mazz I've been having contractions since I left the hospital Friday and last night they got much more painful. Woke me up a few times but I couldn't stay awake long enough to time them for over an hour. Have my doctors appointment today where they will do an ultrasound and check the progress of my cervix so I'm hoping these have made a difference to my cervix because if not I don't think I'll be able to take the pain!

OH and I dtd last night and during is when the contractions became seriously intense. After I lost a lot of plug all through the night. Fingers crossed for good news today!!!

And the contractions I felt in hospital felt more like crazy movement until the nurse told me that it was indeed a contraction I though that Mia was just balling up and stretching out a lot. Not much longer Hun!

Sounds promising miss- hope uve progressed today! Keep us posted on what the doc says today! That's interesting that what u thought were movements were contractions! Maybe I've had some and didn't realise!

I'm booked in for a sweep tomorrow morning so fingers and toes crossed it works!!

Oooh good luck for tomorrow Mazzy!

Saturday night I had THE worst night ever. I ached soooo bad, lower back pain, pain in my stomoch all around, hips were killing me. Generally felt really ill. I was almost convinced it was the start of things, but obviously not! Maybe just a warm up!

Thanks bambino! Yea sounds like something was happening with u- hopefully just things prepping for the real thing! :)

They attempted to do a sweep today but my cervix is still unfavorable and posterior so she said she doubts anything will come of it. Tomorrow night at 8 pm they are starting the induction process! My favorite doc is on call on Wednesday and she was who I saw today and she says we should be meeting my princess then :)

Had an ultrasound and all looks good baby is measuring in 70 percentile and should be 8 lbs 2 oz give or take a lb and a half which means I could have a hefty baby! Not as hefty as weffi's though!!!!!! 11 lbs just sounds terrifying for a first timer like myself!!

I've been crampy since the exam but I'm in such a wonderful mood that its not so bad!

Awww noo Bambino the lack of sleep sucks :( i dont miss that part LOL but the SPD goes the minute they are born....well thats what i found :thumbup: its fab not to have to waddle everywhere :thumbup: although i now walk round like an old lady for the first few minutes after standing up LOL Im sure your LO will be here in no time hun, for now enjoy the last days with your OH before life changes forever :flower:

Sarah thats fantastic news! Yay Zoe :happydance: did she go on those lights? I was told mix feeding helps reduce jaundice :shrug:

Thank Mazzy :flower: aww i remember being like that all hungry all the time and mainly for big macs and chocolate :haha::blush: to be honest my bump is going a bit more every day and i can actually see where my waist is coming back now too :happydance: i have lots of weight on my belly and legs to lose though so its not all gone :cry:

Weffi congrats hun :hugs: glad you got to have the birth you wanted but im sorry you got rushed to hospital must have been quite scary :hugs:

DJ is so snugly i love when he spreads out on my chest and snoozes away, its so cute :flower: easily my favourite part of the day :cloud9:

Just had my stretch and sweep! Was uncomfortable but not as bad as I thought it might be. She said baby is well engaged and I'm 2cm dilated. Booked me in for induction on 13 may seems so far away!! :( but said she thinks ill go before then! Any ideas on when someone might go if they're 2cm dilated? Can it be like that for weeks?

Just had my stretch and sweep! Was uncomfortable but not as bad as I thought it might be. She said baby is well engaged and I'm 2cm dilated. Booked me in for induction on 13 may seems so far away!! :( but said she thinks ill go before then! Any ideas on when someone might go if they're 2cm dilated? Can it be like that for weeks?

I think it can be like that for weeks but after the doctor attempted a sweep on me yesterday I had some serious contractions all night! If they can do a good sweep I think labor usually comes in a few days! She said that she doubts mine will do much because I was barely a "tight cm" dilated and only 50 percent effaced so she couldn't really reach and do a good sweeping. But if you were a two and your mw thinks you'll go before then hopefully you'll be calling her today or tomorrow in labor!!! I lost ALOT more plug after mine last night. Super disgusting!

Oh I really hope ur right miss! I was looking online and saw a few people mentioning that they were 2cm dilated for weeks which made me think it would maybe still be weeks for me!! Hope I go by the weekend at least! U getting induced 2day r 2moro? X

Tonight ill go in and they will start the process. Baby girl should be here tomorrow!

Aw- that's great miss! V jealous u have an end in sight 2moro! :) Best of luck! :)

Thanks! Ill try to update often so you ladies will know what to expect if you do end up being induced!

How r u getting on bambino?

Still here, still waiting! Rather uncomfortable down there, getting some sort of stabbing pains occasionally. Lifted my leg last night to scratch an itch on my foot and omg it felt like I actually tore a muscle or something in my groin, I could've cried - actually made me dread labour a little bit, lol :haha:

Sorry I haven't been updating, breast feeding a jaundice baby requires a lot of time. No she didn't get the lights, their bilirubin needs to be over 300 for them, when she was 72 hours old they were only 267.

Had a tramatic expirence at the ER on Saturday though. We were meant to go back for a repeat bilirubin and when we arrived Zoe was asleep. They checked her heart rate which was between 95 and 105 and they rushed her into the trama unit covered her in heart leads without telling us why. Apparently they thought her heart was going to slow. When the head nurse came back from break she totally lost it. Said that a heart rate that slow when they're asleep is totally normal. I was in tears, my hubs was freaking out.

Today has been rough too she is very hard to wake up for feeding because she's kicking the jaundice from her system. I ended up phoning my doctor in tears because I couldn't get her to wake up to eat and I was thinking she needed to go back to the hospital. Of course I strip her naked and she finally wakes up to eat. Not to mention the three messy and I mean crazy messy diapers which is good. Helps her pass the bili.

I have the baby blues something awful as well. I can't wait for my hormones to level out. I've been crying over everything. I swear giving birth is like giving birth to your heart and carrying it around with you.
I would upload a picture but I don't know how off of my phone.

Sorry I haven't been updating, breast feeding a jaundice baby requires a lot of time. No she didn't get the lights, their bilirubin needs to be over 300 for them, when she was 72 hours old they were only 267.

Had a tramatic expirence at the ER on Saturday though. We were meant to go back for a repeat bilirubin and when we arrived Zoe was asleep. They checked her heart rate which was between 95 and 105 and they rushed her into the trama unit covered her in heart leads without telling us why. Apparently they thought her heart was going to slow. When the head nurse came back from break she totally lost it. Said that a heart rate that slow when they're asleep is totally normal. I was in tears, my hubs was freaking out.

Today has been rough too she is very hard to wake up for feeding because she's kicking the jaundice from her system. I ended up phoning my doctor in tears because I couldn't get her to wake up to eat and I was thinking she needed to go back to the hospital. Of course I strip her naked and she finally wakes up to eat. Not to mention the three messy and I mean crazy messy diapers which is good. Helps her pass the bili.

I have the baby blues something awful as well. I can't wait for my hormones to level out. I've been crying over everything. I swear giving birth is like giving birth to your heart and carrying it around with you.
I would upload a picture but I don't know how off of my phone.

Awww, big :hugs: hun. Sounds like you're doing a fab job xx

Mazz thats really good being 2cm!! i was only 1-2cm when they broke my waters! :thumbup:

Miss best of luck with your induction hun :hugs: looking forward to your birth story and pics!!!!! :yipee:

Bambino, maybe your OH should itch your feet till bubs arrives :haha: :winkwink:

Sarah so sorry your suffering hun :hugs: it really is hard feeding a jaundice bubs i wish i had knows that was what was wrong with him at the time but keep going hun she will get it out her system soon :thumbup: was told mix feeding helps get it out :thumbup:

Thats pretty awful of your hospital :nope: but i can quite imagine it, they were a bit like that at mine, knee jerk to everything and make us panic and then it would be swept under the carpet with no real explanation leaving me reeling and uncertain he was ok :dohh:

I have had the baby blues too hun :cry: its horrible isnt it :nope: hopefully it will pass soon :hugs:

For sure. I'm still confused about my postpartum bleeding too. Sometimes it's almost nothing and sometimes after a big feed I still get a gush. I mean it's only been a week and she's a big baby. I would think I should still be bleeding but the gushes frighten me. The er isn't interested until it soaks through a pad in an hour but of course I feel a gush and change it right away cause uh eww

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->