Girls around 30 weeks want to wait out the final stretch together? Update:32 weeks

How r u getting on bambino?

Still here, still waiting! Rather uncomfortable down there, getting some sort of stabbing pains occasionally. Lifted my leg last night to scratch an itch on my foot and omg it felt like I actually tore a muscle or something in my groin, I could've cried - actually made me dread labour a little bit, lol :haha:

Yea I'm getting those stabbing pains too- I figure it must be the cervix dilating as its in the same area midwife did the stretch and sweep today!

Any cramping? I'm feeling a little crampys this evening- but nothing worth getting excited about I don't think :nope:

Still here, still waiting! Rather uncomfortable down there, getting some sort of stabbing pains occasionally. Lifted my leg last night to scratch an itch on my foot and omg it felt like I actually tore a muscle or something in my groin, I could've cried - actually made me dread labour a little bit, lol :haha:

Yea I'm getting those stabbing pains too- I figure it must be the cervix dilating as its in the same area midwife did the stretch and sweep today!

Any cramping? I'm feeling a little crampys this evening- but nothing worth getting excited about I don't think :nope:

Cramps sound good though Mazzy :thumbup: I don't have any yet :nope: I haven't got midwife until next Wed, she said we'll discuss a stretch and sweep then - I am just praying he comes by then, I don't wanna hobble through another week or two!!

Sarah has your midwife seen the pads? Have you told her about it? Seems pretty rubbish of the hospital, could you call the maternity unit they would be better than ER for you :thumbup: i think it is normal to bleed after a feed or moving around but im not sure about gushing :nope:

How is i going today? how are you feeling? xx

Enjoy the last days of pregnancy ladies, it feels weird afterwards, i have to keep reminding myself im not prego anymore LOL its silly things like being able to eat anything cos of no aversions or fitting through tighter spaces haha! ohhh and i take lots of bump pics now! i like looking back at my last bump days :haha: even though i was uncomfortable and grumpy :winkwink:

Cramps sound good though Mazzy :thumbup: I don't have any yet :nope: I haven't got midwife until next Wed, she said we'll discuss a stretch and sweep then - I am just praying he comes by then, I don't wanna hobble through another week or two!!

Happy 40 weeks to u 2! :) all my cramping dissapeared in the night! :cry:

Aww- don't u have a 40 week midwife appt? I have 40 and 41 and in UK too x

Happy 40 weeks to u 2! :) all my cramping dissapeared in the night! :cry:

Aww- don't u have a 40 week midwife appt? I have 40 and 41 and in UK too x

No, no 40wk appt as its my second pregnancy. It sucks really, i've probably had 5 or 6 appt's through the whole pregnancy - its not as if things won't go wrong second time around and the reassurance is always nice too xx

That is rubbish! I look forward to my appointments as u say gives reassurance and makes time go a little quicker!

Hopefully since its ur second ull not go too overdue :)

Sorry I haven't been updating, breast feeding a jaundice baby requires a lot of time. No she didn't get the lights, their bilirubin needs to be over 300 for them, when she was 72 hours old they were only 267.

Had a tramatic expirence at the ER on Saturday though. We were meant to go back for a repeat bilirubin and when we arrived Zoe was asleep. They checked her heart rate which was between 95 and 105 and they rushed her into the trama unit covered her in heart leads without telling us why. Apparently they thought her heart was going to slow. When the head nurse came back from break she totally lost it. Said that a heart rate that slow when they're asleep is totally normal. I was in tears, my hubs was freaking out.

Today has been rough too she is very hard to wake up for feeding because she's kicking the jaundice from her system. I ended up phoning my doctor in tears because I couldn't get her to wake up to eat and I was thinking she needed to go back to the hospital. Of course I strip her naked and she finally wakes up to eat. Not to mention the three messy and I mean crazy messy diapers which is good. Helps her pass the bili.

I have the baby blues something awful as well. I can't wait for my hormones to level out. I've been crying over everything. I swear giving birth is like giving birth to your heart and carrying it around with you.
I would upload a picture but I don't know how off of my phone.

Sarah! You poor thing! What a scary experience. Remember that little Zoe was fine and it was the silly staff getting it wrong that scared you.
My lo didn't even have jaundice and I found him hard to wake up to feed in the first week. He was so hot and drowsy. Sounds like you are doing everything right. As for the baby blues apparently 80% of mothers get it. I'm not sure if I have it, I have lost my appetite as I feel to anxious to eat, I feel sick with nerves and I can only think its the hormones. Think it effects everyone differently.
You will be fine, I heard it gets easier after 3 months ;) xx :hugs:

I phoned my doctor last night and she said the bleeding is normal and so arecthe gushes. They come from breast feeding.

I phoned my doctor last night and she said the bleeding is normal and so arecthe gushes. They come from breast feeding.

wow, i knew bf could make you bleed more but i never knew that about gushes! i managed to get DJ on one boob today :happydance: so happy, really need to get him on both though LOL, still using the bottle with expressed milk too though :dohh: hopefully will be able to cut that out over time..apart from night feeds so hubby can help :winkwink:

How is Zoe now? x

Well her cord stinks, but I think that's cause it's just about to fall off. She's been on the breast ALL DAY. I'm sure there must be nothing left in there.

When you bf the uterus contracts shrinking back to its old size and as it contracts you bleed x

Anyone else still hanging in there? I am! :/

Lost a blob of mucus plug this morning which I'm very happy about as I was wondering when that would happen! I've also been up since 5am this morning with lots of energy...not sure if that means anything but I can only hope!

Sarah i think they must have a growth spurt cos DJ is constantly feeding at the minute too :wacko: he wont go back on the boob today :cry: so im gonna go to a bf class next week and see if they can help us...soooo frustrating!!

How wont he go on the boob? just roots but wont latch?

Here is Zoe, shes still swollen here, but shes only 4 days old in this shot.

Attachments

• ZoeP.jpg
    ZoeP.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1
Anyone else still hanging in there? I am! :/

Lost a blob of mucus plug this morning which I'm very happy about as I was wondering when that would happen! I've also been up since 5am this morning with lots of energy...not sure if that means anything but I can only hope!

Hello :wave: I'm still here too Mazzy

No plug loss yet, unless it went down the toilet and I didn't notice! Went and did a huge Waitrose shop this morning, so lots of walking, kept getting the occasional jab on my cervix, nice! Done lots of cleaning too, not sure if I'm nesting, who knows! Hope it happens soon for us both xx

I'm here and have also been busy cleaning. Having a curry tonight and a sweep tomorrow lunchtime. Hopefully she will be here this weekend :)

Awwwwwww she is adorable!!!!! :cloud9:

I try to put him to the boob and he literally screams! he just dont seem to want to :( i know the bottle is easier for him but its gutting when he screams at my boob :cry: especially as i couldnt give birth naturally, just wanted to do one thing the right way :nope:

You love your son, and that is doing the most important thing the right way. Don't beat yourself up. It will come with time. We had a protest day too and eventually she took the breast.

Have you tried the tommee tippee bottles? They're meant to be a lot like nursing.

Awwwwwww she is adorable!!!!! :cloud9:

I try to put him to the boob and he literally screams! he just dont seem to want to :( i know the bottle is easier for him but its gutting when he screams at my boob :cry: especially as i couldnt give birth naturally, just wanted to do one thing the right way :nope:

Don't beat yourself up sm! It's all hard work! Really hard work!
Maybe bf classes will help you? My lo is good at bf but I still find it very sore. Still have to take painkillers. Can't believe it's a natural thing when it hurts so much and some babies have troubles latching on!
Take each day as it comes! Your doing a great job x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->