Girls around 30 weeks want to wait out the final stretch together? Update:32 weeks

Hubbys mom is Irish, she lives over there, and has booked her flight for near the end of April when baby is due.
Took the kids a while to get used to her name, they were not keen at first.

I live in leggins and long tops lol.

Hi! I am excited for these next 9-ish weeks to go by! Even bought a comfy pajama/nursing outfit for hospital stay and likely what I'll be wearing all summer today! Starting to think about getting that hospital bag packed. Our nursery is about half-done. Still need a glider/rocker and to finish decorating and put-away future baby shower gifts. I think the hardest part right now is continuing to work full-time at a job I'm on my feet all day! I'm exhausted!

May I join in??

I have mixed feelings for the weeks ahead. I'm on a non strict bed rest due to a few scares. When they happened I felt soo scared, not ready for baby's arrival yet, still plenty to do!! But maybe because I get so bored of doing nothing and can't continue gettin ready for baby (DH is doin everything), sometimes it feels like an absolute eternity!

Lovely names you've all chosen ladies! Looks like most of you are having girls, anyone here expecting a boy? We've got a boy on the way and we're pretty stumped for names, we have maybe 2 or 3 that we actually agree on - so any suggestions would be most welcome. We like the not so common names, something a bit different.

Can't quite believe it's just over 9 weeks left for me! All your lovely posts about prams, furniture and hospital bags has made me realise how unprepared I really am! I think it's because when it's baby number 2 you're a bit more relaxed, kinda been there done that - in the nicest possible way. Plus you just don't have the time to focus on baby all the time.

20 days left at work! :happydance:

We have gone for the graco evo push chair from mothercare.... We getting it delivered 22nd april as we dont have the space to store it... Im due 27th april...
We having another lil girl we calling her Ayana Faith.. She has a sister called Savannah Rose... If the lady at the scan has got it wrong and she turns out to be a boy he will be called Chester Theo George...

Ello ladies :-D hope youre all well :-D back ache is plop tpdau :-( really hurting :-( and fed up with when i tell people that the mw has said I could have baba anyday bcos of my history etc and people just sayibg oh well yeh u are big arent u!!! Grrrrr!!!!! Xxx

Lovely names you've all chosen ladies! Looks like most of you are having girls, anyone here expecting a boy? We've got a boy on the way and we're pretty stumped for names, we have maybe 2 or 3 that we actually agree on - so any suggestions would be most welcome. We like the not so common names, something a bit different.

Can't quite believe it's just over 9 weeks left for me! All your lovely posts about prams, furniture and hospital bags has made me realise how unprepared I really am! I think it's because when it's baby number 2 you're a bit more relaxed, kinda been there done that - in the nicest possible way. Plus you just don't have the time to focus on baby all the time.

I know what you mean - its very different with number two. We ordered a new pram yesterday (which has plenty of room for dd to ride a buggy board) but we haven't ordered furniture or packed a bag yet. But we have a changing table and Moses basket already so we don't need proper furniture until baby is ready to go in a cot, maybe 4/5 months. I started going through dd's baby clothes though and it's just incredible how small they are! I find it hard to believe she was ever that tiny!

I bought a load of those foil containers that currys come in yesterday so that I can start getting our freezer well stocked with home made ready meals. I had dd at 38 weeks and hadn't got any food ready but this time I see it as essential job!

Yup, we're expecting a boy although our prospective names are really traditional: Alexander, Sebastian, Daniel, Oliver, Marcus, Theo. DH and I both work in the city so want a name that sounds professional if he went down a similar path. No pressure Baby! Lol

As far as travel systems we've gone for the bugaboo cameleon and then for the car seat we've bought a lie flat one (Jane Matrix 2) as my family is up north and if I'm driving from London he'd be in it for 4 hours, so the 2 hour restriction on the Maxi Cosi wouldn't work for me.

x

We are expecting a boy! Unlike here, everyone around me go us expecting is having a boy! We are naming ours Luca Ettore (he middle name is after my father in law and his own grand dad).

As for being prepared we were taking easy since I'm inheriting most of the stuff, then we had a premature labour scare and really freaked out! As in, we need to get going NOW! Haha. BUT I'm on a non strict bed rest so DH is left with most of the work, the poor thing.

Regarding prams we are going for a bugaboo cameleon SIL left for us. She also gave us a bugaboo bee which is even lighter, but better for when they are a bit older as it doesn't come with the cot bit and is not as comfy when they are really small.

Hi ladies,
I am due 20th April.
I am still In throws of work and also have a paper to write for my masters.
We are off to do a John Lewis shop in 2 weeks when ill be 34 weeks. I'll choose my buggy then -need one with buggy board for toddler so if anyone has any ideas about this then let me know.
Also need 2 changing boards for up and down stairs and of course baby clothes, Muslins, breast pads etc.
My anxiety is centred around my inlaws. They live in the north east so need to stay over somewhere when baby is born.
I nearly killed MiL when DS was born. She came along with this attitude about needing to protect LO and suggested I may not cope and would get depressed. She felt quite rejected by my decision to breast feed. I can't handle all that stress again but at same time need help with DS. I am hoping they can stay with my mum but DH feels I am being petty and need to get over myself and take the help and support where it is being offered.
I intend to make a decision nearer the time... Fortunately inlaws are not types who need to plan ahead.

Hi ladies,
I am due 20th April.
We are off to do a John Lewis shop in 2 weeks when ill be 34 weeks. I'll choose my buggy then -need one with buggy board for toddler so if anyone has any ideas about this then let me know.
Also need 2 changing boards for up and down stairs and of course baby clothes, Muslins, breast pads etc.
My anxiety is centred around my inlaws. They live in the north east so need to stay over somewhere when baby is born.
I nearly killed MiL when DS was born. She came along with this attitude about needing to protect LO and suggested I may not cope and would get depressed. She felt quite rejected by my decision to breast feed. I can't handle all that stress again but at same time need help with DS. I am hoping they can stay with my mum but DH feels I am being petty and need to get over myself and take the help and support where it is being offered.
I intend to make a decision nearer the time... Fortunately inlaws are not types who need to plan ahead.

Im due 20th too
My hubby is always on at me sayin i should let mil elp out more an when i tell him i dont need he says everyone else lets grandparents take kids.

Hi ladies,
I am due 20th April.

We went with the mothercare my4 pram because the handle extends really far so dd can fit inside it comfortably on her buggy board. If we didn't need the buggy board we wouldnt have picked that pram but I didn't feel there were many options in our price range that would be comfortable for all 3 of us. I like bugaboos as well but they're too costly for us.

Re your mil situation, much as I love mine there is no way in hell ANYONE is welcome to come and stay in the early days. They can visit and help out but we want time to ourselves in the early days.

Hi ladies.

Anyone know if its normal to go off food in 3rd tri?!

I literally have to forse myself to eat :-/

Jenny, my friends sister had this too and i hear morning sickness can also come back so maybe a bit of food aversion? xxxxx

Jenny, my friends sister had this too and i hear morning sickness can also come back so maybe a bit of food aversion? xxxxx

In first tri I definitely couldn't stand some smells and foods. Now im not feeling that way, I just dont feel hungry at all. Today it was half 12 before I realized that I hadn't eaten anything. Just hope everything is ok with Lo xx

In first tri I definitely couldn't stand some smells and foods. Now im not feeling that way, I just dont feel hungry at all. Today it was half 12 before I realized that I hadn't eaten anything. Just hope everything is ok with Lo xx

Maybe call your midwife if your worried hun :hugs: it could be a stress/worry thing, i dont tend to eat when im anxious xxx

Your stomach is getting heavy compressed now as your uterus expands. I'm eating smaller meals now as its too uncomfortable to eat a normal portion. Perfectly normal if you've lost your appetite for that reason. Try to eat little and often x

Im finding that I cant eat as much and that I havent really got much of an appetite either and some nausea has returned...im just eating when I can and fruit and veg when I feel I can lol! We went with the babystyle delux 3in1 classic chassis xxxx

Hi ladies can I join?!

I'm due on April 20th, with a little boy!

I don't feel very hungry at the minute either- but now that I'm not working I'm getting pretty bored and eating loads despite never
Feeling hungry... Hmm prob don't feel hungry because I eat loads before I get a chance to! I think about food all the time! :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->