Girls around 30 weeks want to wait out the final stretch together? Update:32 weeks

I was put on iron tablets last week, dr didn't make it sound like a huge deal just a precaution

Thanks! I might just wait until Tuesday then and in the meantime eat loads of iron rich foods

I dont have any new stretch marks. My son paved the way 10 years ago. I am getting slight extentions on my stretch marks now tho lol

I dont have any new stretch marks. My son paved the way 10 years ago. I am getting slight extentions on my stretch marks now tho lol

Yes I had some on my hips from puberty and its like the old one is there except its now got a red flag attached to the top lol.

:,( went to doctor today. Baby is fine but they are giving me an extremely hard time about my weight gain. I gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks. I asked if I could get a refill on my promethazine and the doctor said "well you obviously aren't vomiting if you have gained 4 lbs!" :,( I cried the entire way home. I'm trying very hard to manage this weight and I know I vomit because on multiple occasions I've made myself throw up because of what the scale said.... I know this is wrong and this is something i have dealt with before. I'm eating healthier than ever before in my life and I'm working out daily. Sorry for the rant but had to let it out.

:,( went to doctor today. Baby is fine but they are giving me an extremely hard time about my weight gain. I gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks. I asked if I could get a refill on my promethazine and the doctor said "well you obviously aren't vomiting if you have gained 4 lbs!" :,( I cried the entire way home. I'm trying very hard to manage this weight and I know I vomit because on multiple occasions I've made myself throw up because of what the scale said.... I know this is wrong and this is something i have dealt with before. I'm eating healthier than ever before in my life and I'm working out daily. Sorry for the rant but had to let it out.
What a total jackass to say that! I'm so sorry this upset you. My gain to date now is 35lbs which I way more than where i wanted to be at 31+1. My consultant was COMPLETELY relaxed about this though. I'm trying not to focus on it and it will all come off again in the end with some hard work by me.

If you've had issues in the past with eating/vomiting I know pregnancy can be extremely hard but as you've said, now is not the time to be making yourself vomit to control weight... Would it be worth talking to someone about this to try to put you in a better frame of mind? It sounds like you've been doing really well with the gym and eating healthily. Try to focus on the fact that you don't have much longer to go and to give your LO as much good stuff to eat as you can.

Chin up x

I don't think 4lbs is that bad for 2 weeks! I'm pretty sure I've put on 2lbs a week for the past few weeks and I'm pretty happy with my weight gain! How much have u gained so far?

I've gained right at 40 lbs with these 4 lbs. but when I got home I got on my scale which says I was 2 lbs lighter than at the doctor. Mine is digital and usually is th. same as their measurement. In the very beginning of the pregnancy I gained an immediate 10 lbs from quitting smoking and quitting medication I was on that suppressed my appetite so I feel like that shouldn't count but I know it does. My weight (at the doctor) was 195 lbs. she told me today to try not to go over 200 before the end of the pregnancy. Exactly 2 months.

Thanks for the kind words. It's just hard when weight is something that I've always struggled with myself but never had doctors tell me was a problem. Now I feel guilty eating but know that my baby needs the food.

Again sorry for the drama queen breakdown but I just had to let it all out!

I've gained right at 40 lbs with these 4 lbs. but when I got home I got on my scale which says I was 2 lbs lighter than at the doctor. Mine is digital and usually is th. same as their measurement. In the very beginning of the pregnancy I gained an immediate 10 lbs from quitting smoking and quitting medication I was on that suppressed my appetite so I feel like that shouldn't count but I know it does. My weight (at the doctor) was 195 lbs. she told me today to try not to go over 200 before the end of the pregnancy. Exactly 2 months.

Thanks for the kind words. It's just hard when weight is something that I've always struggled with myself but never had doctors tell me was a problem. Now I feel guilty eating but know that my baby needs the food.

Again sorry for the drama queen breakdown but I just had to let it all out!

She shouldn't have said that! If ur hungry you need to eat for your baby! No more than 5lbs in 2 months is a bit of an ask as well!! I think you've enough to be concerned about than a few extra pounds- sure u can loose it after the pregnancy!

No need to be sorry for being a drama queen- I think we all are at the mo! Hehe

You've got just over 8 weeks to go. Ignore the numbers and focus on eating well for the baby and getting some exercise. In 8 weeks or so then you can start taking it off x

Thanks ladies! Agreed! We are all almost done! From the stress of this I'm thinking my LO will be an only child for QUITE some time!

So, went shopping today, thought I'd make a start on packing my hospital bag. I got some Lanisoh breast pads, some Lanisoh nipple cream and a gorgeous red and white star blanket for baby! Not a huge amount, but its a start!

Any new purchases ladies? xx

They didn't weigh me at my 31 week check, but 3 weeks before that I was weighed, and had put on a stone so far this pregnancy. I dont exercise at all, my back is so painful, I get pulling and stomach cramps if I even walk farish. Im wondering how much im going to of put on by the end tho :-/

Oh my gosh I wouldn't dare weigh myself. I think I had gained 5kg at 18 week appt then no weights after that. It is not routine to monitor preg weight in UK.
Relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Breastfeeding will shed the calories and of you are bottle feeding you will have opportunity to exercise.

Hi girls, just to let you know that mothercare has a mid season sale on.

So, went shopping today, thought I'd make a start on packing my hospital bag. I got some Lanisoh breast pads, some Lanisoh nipple cream and a gorgeous red and white star blanket for baby! Not a huge amount, but its a start!

Any new purchases ladies? xx

Not for the hospital bag- but my car seat and pram was delivered today! Woo! And we are going to paint the nursery tomorrow! :D

Im feelin so low just now cos im in so much pain, it seems to be going so slow. Went to mothercare yesterday but had kids with me so couldnt look properly! :-(

Misslatino im sorry your doc was such an ass about your weight :hugs: i went to the doc last week with crazy high BP and she told me to stop eating so much sugar!!! She then went on about my weight :growlmad: i was gutted too but every medical person i have spoken too since isnt bothered by my weight and i think some just get a bee in their bonnets cos some people think prego women eat everything in sight!!

I hope your feeling better now xxx

I picked up a cute sesame street vest with elmo on the front from mothercare sale its so cute i love it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->