Girls close to the end... .LABOR WATCH!

Rosegarden I'm in a very similar state to you!

Tons of very strong BH, some painful, but they haven't changed. Hoping once real labor starts it's an obvious difference. :p Going for a walk now...

Well the waves of period pains stopped about 3am this morning. I thought it was Deffo slow labour cause they lasted for over 12 hours but knew it wasn't the ' real thing' because they stayed at 10 minute intervals all day.

Tarac- I just knew with my last DS that it was Deffo the start of labour because the pains took my breath away and started off at 10 mins down to 3 mins apart. By the time I got to the hospital they were 1 minute apart and I was 9cm dilated!!.... Won't be leaving it that long this time!! :)

thats the worst! having the consistent contractions that never get closer together and vary in intensity :(

Good luck ladies and ️congratulations to the ones that have already had your babies, 😊
I'm due in 4 days and all I'm getting at the moment is spaced out Braxton hicks! Every phone call I make to dh or my mum n dad they assume something's happening and go into a blind panic 😂🙈😂, with ds my waters broke first then the xontractions started on his due date so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a similar situation 😂👍😂xxx

My god it all kicked off after last post! Went into triage as pains were just not getting regular but were really intensifying. They listened to her heart beat and it dropped and almost stopped, so they rushed me into delivery and called drs in who put me on a monitor and thankfully she recovered. Scariest half hour ever. After that my contractions totally stopped for a full hour. Dr came in and checked me and did a sweep very aggressively!! I was 100% effaced and 2cm. They sent me to the ward to be monitored cos of the decelerations and I had contractions there for about 16 hours with no pain relief..

By about 10pm they were getting unbearable so I was checked and was 4cm! I got gas and air finally! Best 15 minutes ever when I got that! Then everything went crazy.. I was wheeled to delivery and told I was high risk so had to have continuous monitoring of baby, I was huffing on the gas non stop and suddenly contractions were on top of each other and unbelievably intense!! My waters went and I lost the plot! They were so intense after that! I begged for an epidural, was now 7cm (15 min after being 4!)
The anaesthetist was there very quickly but took 4 attempts at citing the epi but couldn't get it so I never got it put in! She only had seconds to try between contractions! Then I threw up and felt her head literally pop out, I turned over and she was born in 2 pushes!!! I went from 4-10cm in about an hour and my god was that intense... Will never forget..

Sadie Primrose was born 11.37pm on 6 April after 44 hours labouring 1-4cm then an hour or so to the end!
6lb 10oz and perfect <3 all the worry about her being small for nothing! No tears or stitches &#65533;&#65533;

My god it all kicked off after last post! Went into triage as pains were just not getting regular but were really intensifying. They listened to her heart beat and it dropped and almost stopped, so they rushed me into delivery and called drs in who put me on a monitor and thankfully she recovered. Scariest half hour ever. After that my contractions totally stopped for a full hour. Dr came in and checked me and did a sweep very aggressively!! I was 100% effaced and 2cm. They sent me to the ward to be monitored cos of the decelerations and I had contractions there for about 16 hours with no pain relief..

By about 10pm they were getting unbearable so I was checked and was 4cm! I got gas and air finally! Best 15 minutes ever when I got that! Then everything went crazy.. I was wheeled to delivery and told I was high risk so had to have continuous monitoring of baby, I was huffing on the gas non stop and suddenly contractions were on top of each other and unbelievably intense!! My waters went and I lost the plot! They were so intense after that! I begged for an epidural, was now 7cm (15 min after being 4!)
The anaesthetist was there very quickly but took 4 attempts at citing the epi but couldn't get it so I never got it put in! She only had seconds to try between contractions! Then I threw up and felt her head literally pop out, I turned over and she was born in 2 pushes!!! I went from 4-10cm in about an hour and my god was that intense... Will never forget..

Sadie Primrose was born 11.37pm on 6 April after 44 hours labouring 1-4cm then an hour or so to the end!
6lb 10oz and perfect <3 all the worry about her being small for nothing! No tears or stitches &#65533;&#65533;

Congratulations!!! :)

Congrats Kittique !!! Your story at the end is so similar to mine with no time for the epi :haha: Well done !

Aww congrats &#128522;&#128077;&#128522;xxx

Went to the doctor today. Fundal height is measuring 40 weeks. I'm between 3 and 4 cm dilated, 60% effaced. I've been having cramping off and on, but nothing very significant. I've been so tired the past couple days but I can't seem to sleep for anything. I'm hoping I go into labor sooner than later. If I'm going to be up all day and night, I might as well have a baby to occupy my time.

That seems close brooklinn. I know what you mean about sleep. I've had a few days of good sleep this past week but then a few days ago I went back to no sleep. My dd wakes up at night sometimes but these days I'm wide awake before she wakes up anyway.

Hi all, congrats to all the mamas that had their babies.

Update on me - I'm 38 weeks, 5 days, went to bed wed nite with period like cramps that continued into the next day and progressed into contractions during the evening and nite, they were pretty uncomfortable but bearable lasting 30-40 seconds every 5-8 mins and this continued throughout the nite. A few strong ones woke me up a few times. I just went to the washroom to pee (again lol) and when I wiped I felt something gooey (sorry tmi) and it was my mucus plug, it was the size of a chicken tender lol and pink throughout. The color of raw chicken lol @ all the chicken references. Contractions haven't stopped. Thinking it's getting close, this is my first so pretty clueless but can already tell it will be no picnic as contractions are already borderline painful.

I've been so tired the past couple days but I can't seem to sleep for anything. I'm hoping I go into labor sooner than later. If I'm going to be up all day and night, I might as well have a baby to occupy my time.

^This! Omg, if I have to be in pain and exhausted it might as well be with my baby instead of still dreading the birth & recovery!

My fundal height was 40 cm @ 38 weeks, 1 - 2cm dilated, but no effacement. So many contractions & cramps but nothing steady. Had an induction massage yesterday, more painful contractions, still no labor. Can't stop crying at everything which is new. Can't sleep. So tired. So ready.

Taracathryn, do you think the emotional thing is a sign? I have been MISERABLE today but just putting it down to reaching my due date with nothing happening. I hope it means labour might start soon :-(

Citrus I really hope so. Hormones gearing up or something. Desperate for anything to be a sign at this point! :p

I went to the dr today, she said in a tight 3 but have a soft cervix. I asked her to strip my membranes, and have been spotting and crampy. I went for a nice long walk, really hoping I go into labor tonight!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->