Girls close to the end... .LABOR WATCH!

So, I guess I was right about something happening on the 15th or 16th. Unfortunately it is not baby, but early admission to the hospital for blood pressure monitoring because I am cycling between 140-150 on top and 88-92 on bottom. 1-2 cm dilated and 60-70% effaced, but they are sticking with April 26 as my due date (10 days behind ticker) so they don't want to induce til Sunday if they don't have to. I am going to go nuts if I am stuck in the hospital that long, plus another 3 days after baby comes like they want!

I am having contractions but they aren't consistent and they aren't really doing much except being annoying right now.

Thanks perplexed. I was cramping on and off all day yesterday and even had a few contractions and a bit more pressure, but always seams to fizzle out by bed time! Slept from 12 midnight until 10am so have had a good rest, and since I've woke up ive had a couple more tightenings but nothing that can confirm I'm in slow labour 😤, I'm gonna get on all fours in a min and scrub the floor to try and get baby to spin round but iM not holding my breath for it working 😊.

Oh no eventerjj! Hope everything is ok for you. Keep us posted x

They are either going to try to induce starting tonight or it is going to be an emcs. It all depends on the next few BP readings :-/

Good luck, eventerjj.

At least you're in the right place and they're monitoring you. I hope everything goes smoothly for you :flower:

Oh wow I'm soooo excited, it's 9.30am (2 days after my sweep) and my waters have popped, I'm getting some period cramps and contractions, and just waiting for hubby to come home from work (he's only half an hour away) our toddler is happily playing in his bedroom eeekkkk little bean is on its way 😊👍😊xxxxx

That's so exciting dolly!! Your little bean is on the way!

Hi Ladies can I join??
I really wish the start of labour would obvious like a light being switched on!!! 30ish hours of surges (contractions). Started thirsday night at about 11pm and were 10 minutes apart about 30seconds long until 3 am this morning when they tapered off. They were strong and nice! Friday they have been on and off. Since about 3pm friday they have been slightly building again. Over night they feel strong but it feels like a wave of pressure that builds from the bottom of my bump that rolls over the top. They seem to be every 7 minutes and lasting between 30 and 45 seconds... I hate not knowing if this is the real thing!!! We have an hour and twenty minute drive to the birthing suite so I don't want to be that annoying first time mum and is actually not in labour but I also do not want to deliver in the car!!! Have been practicing hypnobirthing my whole pregnancy so have taught myself not to register anything as pain, only pressure... I am so confused!!! Sorry... Really just needed to have a little rant... Hope everyone is doing well!

Awwgreat news dolly not long now, I'm still here officially 3 days over, sweep hasn't worked :-( so my next one is Monday sometime and fingers crossed for that one. I would love to have him tomorrow as it's my late grandads bday so would be lovelly! But not feeling anything if I'm honest.

Wow everybody my yellow bump turned pink, aaaahhhhh sooooo happy right now, her name is Millie Ellen Phyllis and she arrived at 4.24pm 18th April after a 4 hour labour weighing a whopping 10lb 4oz, only had gas and air for the last hour and only started pushing (and grunting) at 3.45pm. I'm so proud of myself, I didn't get my water birth like I wanted as Millie had a poo in her waters so had to be monitored on delivery suite. Wow so fast and intense but one of the best experiences of my life. Had a small tear to my perinium which was stitched within 10 mins and she is just perfect ❤️😍❤️Xxxx thankyou for waiting it out with me and I'll see all you yummy mummies over in baby club very soon xxxxxx

Wow everybody my yellow bump turned pink, aaaahhhhh sooooo happy right now, her name is Millie Ellen Phyllis and she arrived at 4.24pm 18th April after a 4 hour labour weighing a whopping 10lb 4oz, only had gas and air for the last hour and only started pushing (and grunting) at 3.45pm. I'm so proud of myself, I didn't get my water birth like I wanted as Millie had a poo in her waters so had to be monitored on delivery suite. Wow so fast and intense but one of the best experiences of my life. Had a small tear to my perinium which was stitched within 10 mins and she is just perfect ❤️😍❤️Xxxx thankyou for waiting it out with me and I'll see all you yummy mummies over in baby club very soon xxxxxx

Oh wow congrats to you!:cloud9:

Wow everybody my yellow bump turned pink, aaaahhhhh sooooo happy right now, her name is Millie Ellen Phyllis and she arrived at 4.24pm 18th April after a 4 hour labour weighing a whopping 10lb 4oz, only had gas and air for the last hour and only started pushing (and grunting) at 3.45pm. I'm so proud of myself, I didn't get my water birth like I wanted as Millie had a poo in her waters so had to be monitored on delivery suite. Wow so fast and intense but one of the best experiences of my life. Had a small tear to my perinium which was stitched within 10 mins and she is just perfect ❤️��❤️Xxxx thankyou for waiting it out with me and I'll see all you yummy mummies over in baby club very soon xxxxxx

Fantastic news! Congratulations on your little girl :flower:. What a trooper having a 10lber with just gas & air! I did it with dd but she was 8lb - you rock! ;).

Speedy recovery xx

Aw thanks everybody, inoue I didn't find it much different to my 7lb 9oz ds, I was in total shock tho, firstly to see she was a girl (I'd had boy vibes all the way thru pregnancy) and then to find out her weight 10lb 4oz, she's a whopper, and looks the spitting image of her brother(well a chunkier version) 😂, I now feel my family are complete so it's the chop for hubby now lol xxxx

Well, Max was born at 10:30 am on Saturday by not quite emergency c section. They were afraid pitocin contractions were going to spike me too high and we chose to go straight to c section instead. Still. At thing high BP now though.

Congratulations Eventerjj and Dolly on your little little bundles ☺️ (well not quite so little Dolly!).

I am 40+3 and fed up now! Started with periods type cramps this morning and feeling more pressure but it has been on and off all day and since I have had a bath they have eased off pretty much altogether! I was 40+1 with DS so this overdue business is driving me crazy. Have had a bath with clary sage oil in it and rubbed jasmin onto my bump as per aromatherapy suggests so at least I smell nice! Hears to waiting it out with all you lovely ladies ☺️

Congrats all! 13 days left for me. Last week of work tho:happydance:. I hope she comes some time this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->