• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Girls close to the end... .LABOR WATCH!

I hate being teased, too!

Regarding labor encouraging.. I used to do nipple stim but that would just give me fake contractions. I walk a lot and have been trying to sit on my birth ball more. I've considered sex but just sounds like so much work at this point....

We're going to the zoo today. Lots of walking there. I'm so ready yet also getting nervous about labor.

LOL I went to the zoo yesterday! Slight pink from the sun, tired feet, and nothing going on with the baby...hopefully something is going on that I just can't feel like effacement or something!

My doula came over yesterday and we talked about ways to encourage labor, she said sex is excellent, but even cuddling, hand holding, making out, etc has similar effects because of the oxytocin released. You obviously don't get the cervical softening effects, but she said feeling safe and warm and loved goes a long way into allowing the body to relax and go into labor, so even if you aren't up for sex...I thought it was good suggestion and I was happy to know all those nights we weren't up for sex but we cuddled and stuff it was helping, I hope!

I am not sure if I mentioned it on this thread, my OB has scheduled me to be induced Tuesday if I don't go into labor before.

I don't think the zoo is starting anything for me either...

Are you being induced for any particular reason? I can't remember.

I hate being teased, too!

Regarding labor encouraging.. I used to do nipple stim but that would just give me fake contractions. I walk a lot and have been trying to sit on my birth ball more. I've considered sex but just sounds like so much work at this point....

We're going to the zoo today. Lots of walking there. I'm so ready yet also getting nervous about labor.

LOL I went to the zoo yesterday! Slight pink from the sun, tired feet, and nothing going on with the baby...hopefully something is going on that I just can't feel like effacement or something!

My doula came over yesterday and we talked about ways to encourage labor, she said sex is excellent, but even cuddling, hand holding, making out, etc has similar effects because of the oxytocin released. You obviously don't get the cervical softening effects, but she said feeling safe and warm and loved goes a long way into allowing the body to relax and go into labor, so even if you aren't up for sex...I thought it was good suggestion and I was happy to know all those nights we weren't up for sex but we cuddled and stuff it was helping, I hope!

I am not sure if I mentioned it on this thread, my OB has scheduled me to be induced Tuesday if I don't go into labor before.

I don't think the zoo is starting anything for me either...

Are you being induced for any particular reason? I can't remember.

High BP, high risk for pre-e

im not sure if it is starting for me, was induced last time and went straight to hideous contractions, pains started about an hour ago, like being gripped by a vice both in my back and front but the tightening lasts for ages. It is not yet that painful, just uncomfortable with stabbing pains in my cervix. They are not regular yet but are lasting 45 seconds plus.
Hoping this is it and its quick!
They are definitely not braxton hicks as wrap all around my body.

Good luck! I'm hoping something happens tonight...I keep saying that!

Miss priss what an exciting weekend! At least you know if baby doesn't get moving you will still be holding your LO in your arms come Wednesday! An end is in sight for you! Fingers crossed that baby will come before Tuesday. I'll be looking for updates. :happydance:

im not sure if it is starting for me, was induced last time and went straight to hideous contractions, pains started about an hour ago, like being gripped by a vice both in my back and front but the tightening lasts for ages. It is not yet that painful, just uncomfortable with stabbing pains in my cervix. They are not regular yet but are lasting 45 seconds plus.
Hoping this is it and its quick!
They are definitely not braxton hicks as wrap all around my body.

I hope this is it! Good luck!

Well ladies as I was so dissapointed at my midwife appointment that he was not engaged my waters broke at 9 this morning at home at the moment waiting but if all is quiet by 8 tomorrow morning I will be induced eekkk it was a complete shock

Well ladies as I was so dissapointed at my midwife appointment that he was not engaged my waters broke at 9 this morning at home at the moment waiting but if all is quiet by 8 tomorrow morning I will be induced eekkk it was a complete shock

Oh wow won't be long until you meet your baby! Good luck xx

my contractions all stopped after a couple of hours and went to bed and slept.
Achy back this morning but have DTD and hoping it kicks off again soon.
how is everyone else?

No going back now emski!! Exciting... Due date tomorrow and nothing really to report just the usual bh and a bit back ache.

I'm being induced tomorrow morning. I'm mostly excited about baby finally being here within the next day or so but also nervous as I've never had to be induced before. Previous two times I went into labour on my own..so yeah...10am tomorrow I have to be at the hospital for.

Wow great news emski! Your LO will be in your arms in no time!

Samzi - good luck!

Happy due date to me!
And good luck to you ladies getting induced today 👍🏼👶🏻👶🏼

I want in too!! I'm 36&4, first time. If I've had any signs that labor is coming, I haven't picked up on them. I'm about ready to start trying some of those tricks everybody talks about!! Trying to hold out one more week before I do anything to help it along. But it's not easy!!! I'm out of work and homebound because of elevated blood pressure and it's making it so much harder!!!

Good luck you ladies who are about to be induced, fingers crossed some of us get to have our babies this week :cloud9:

My water dramatically broke out of nowhere on Saturday night at 11:30 pm. I had contractions from 1-5 am and they restarted after I got up the next day around 11 am. Active labor began at 1:30 pm, got to the hospital at 3:30 pm, and baby girl was born at 3:50 pm! Started feeling pushy in the car and my OB didn't make it in time. Overall all went well! Quick but much more painful than my first. Had some blood pressure issues the first 24 hours but now we're both doing well. Baby is breastfeeding like a champ!

Congratulations kiss!

Happy due date to me! I have no signs of labour what so ever! It's really frustrating! I feel totally normal other than being heavy. Maybe he will make a shock appearance but I'm not holding my breath! Xx

Aw congrats kiss!! That was really quick and cant believe that you had 2 due date babies! That must be really high odds. X

Congrats Kiss and to all the other mommies who were induced earlier today! I am so happy for you and jealous as well. :haha: :hugs:

I was getting the on and off again contractions after my last appointment, but they had stopped completely the last two days. Although, I have noticed more of the sharp pains in my cervix. My DH and I decided to go for a short hike earlier today to see if we can get things moving. Contractions started up, but they were random and only lasted about an hour. I had stopped getting the mucus discharge for the past few days, but it did start up again today. Going in for my 38th week check-up tomorrow. Not sure if my doctor will check me again, but dreading it, if he does. At least this time I'll know what to expect. Fingers crossed that there was at least some progression from the last appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->