Glasgow mummies-to-be! anyone due in September?

septemberbaby

Reaction score
I thought it would maybe be nice to get a little group going...ideally with similar due dates of course, but a few weeks/months difference would be okay I guess.

I'm 25 and about 6 weeks pregnant, I've not heard from the midwife yet, but I've got a private scan booked in about 2 weeks (it's up in Perth), because I just cannot wait until 12-odd weeks. We didn't plan this pregnancy, but after the initial shock I think we've both warmed up to the idea and are now actually looking forward to the rest of the pregnancy, and of course the baby!!
I'm due on the 11th of September and I'm registered to the Southern General.

I thought this would be a good place to share info and experiences about general pregnancy related stuff, prenatal classes in the area, and then of course things to do with little ones!

Also, this could be a great way to meet people in the area that might come in handy for babysitting in a couple of months time! :D

So what do you think?

Aww what a good idea! I'm Natalie, i'm 24 dh is 25 and this is our first wee baby. I'm due August 17th. 10 weeks yesterday. want to have the baby at the royal (southern is a good choice I was there at the epu after a bleed last week and they were really nice and gave me a scan -pic is my avatar) I woukd have chosen the southern but its too far from cumbernauld although i'm hoping to move outta here I just don't know it at all and i'm stuck when DH is out cause I can't drive.

Did you book a private scan? Why Perth if u dnt mind me asking theres one on ingram street. X

I just picked the Southern General because it's closest to where I live. I had a quick look at the website though and it does look really nice.

I'm going for the scan in Perth because it's only 45 pound, not 100+ :D also, my sister lives in Stirling and recommended that place, and we'll go see my sister and her wee baby right after, so it's really not that far out...well I guess it still is...but...ah well. :D

what's cumbernauld like? we're thinking of moving out the city, where we can hopefully afford a larger flat...torn between stirling and paisley because that's where family is :)

Hello :) I'm 28 and OH is 28 too been together 4 years and just got engaged before finding out I was pregnant. It's our first baby together! We didn't plan it but are thrilled. We also have OH 6 yo son staying with us 5days a week. We are very excited and I'm nervous lol. I'm 9 weeks+ 6 today and due 19th august. Going to the southern (I think) patiently waiting for first scan!

Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months oh and some pleasant weather at end of summer to take our beautiful babies out to show off when they arrive :)

My name is Kay im from Paisley just outside Glasgow. I already have a little girl Jessica, who is 3 in April and we have been ttc#2 since she was born so waited a long time. Im due September 13th and im planning on booking a gender scan for 17 wks to find out flavour. Have my first midwife app in a fortnight and no 12 scan booked yet kx

I just picked the Southern General because it's closest to where I live. I had a quick look at the website though and it does look really nice.

I'm going for the scan in Perth because it's only 45 pound, not 100+ :D also, my sister lives in Stirling and recommended that place, and we'll go see my sister and her wee baby right after, so it's really not that far out...well I guess it still is...but...ah well. :D

what's cumbernauld like? we're thinking of moving out the city, where we can hopefully afford a larger flat...torn between stirling and paisley because that's where family is :)

£45 ? Thats brill! Cumbernauld is okay, cheap as chips and it only takes 15 mins to get into town cause its all motorway. I just wanna be nearer my mum and she stays in bearsden no chance I can afford to buy there but i'd like to come back closer to town. Cumbernauld is really cheap though we have a 2 bed flat for £267 per month and we used to pay £450 a month for a 1 bed box in merchant city.

thats good that ure sis has got a wee one u can get plenty of practice in!

Hello :) I'm 28 and OH is 28 too been together 4 years and just got engaged before finding out I was pregnant. It's our first baby together! We didn't plan it but are thrilled. We also have OH 6 yo son staying with us 5days a week. We are very excited and I'm nervous lol. I'm 9 weeks+ 6 today and due 19th august. Going to the southern (I think) patiently waiting for first scan!

Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months oh and some pleasant weather at end of summer to take our beautiful babies out to show off when they arrive :)

I think everyone is going to the southern except me! Lol thats so sweet that u just got engaged have u set a date?

Hiya! I live in Glasgow and I'm due on Sept 4th. A wee Glasgow group is a great idea. xx

My name is Kay im from Paisley just outside Glasgow. I already have a little girl Jessica, who is 3 in April and we have been ttc#2 since she was born so waited a long time. Im due September 13th and im planning on booking a gender scan for 17 wks to find out flavour. Have my first midwife app in a fortnight and no 12 scan booked yet kx

Aww ure wee one is cute cute cute! I would love a blonde baby but OH is indian so defo not gonna happen. thats a good idea booking a private gender scan im defo gonna find out. are u hoping for a boy or a girl?

I'll just go ahead and "friend" all of you on here...and then once we're all comfortable to "come out" eg, after the 12 week scan for most people I assume, we could move it to facebook where I find it's a bit easier to keep track of groups...good idea? If you don't have facebook or don't want to use it for this please let me know, I don't want to exclude anyone just because of that, and I'm sure we can somehow make this board work for the same purpose... :)

I'll just go ahead and "friend" all of you on here...and then once we're all comfortable to "come out" eg, after the 12 week scan for most people I assume, we could move it to facebook where I find it's a bit easier to keep track of groups...good idea? If you don't have facebook or don't want to use it for this please let me know, I don't want to exclude anyone just because of that, and I'm sure we can somehow make this board work for the same purpose... :)

Sounds good.

I think everyone is going to the southern except me! Lol thats so sweet that u just got engaged have u set a date?

We were thinking next august but will depend on pennies and whether I lose baby weight on time! At least that's an incentive I'm going to be huge at this rate as eating keeps my MS at bay :)

Yeah could be a plan! X

We were thinking next august but will depend on pennies and whether I lose baby weight on time! At least that's an incentive I'm going to be huge at this rate as eating keeps my MS at bay :)

August will be good and sunny, I got married 2 years ago on 16th Jan I dunno what possessed me to want a winter wedding but it just rained all day! Got married in India in the April and it was so roastin my makeup melted off and I was convinced i had pissed myself i was sweating so much. Lol.

Even if youve got a big bump there are some gorgeous mat dress out there! I dunno if i'm gonna get a defined bump cause ive got a bit of a spare tyre anyway. Just ate a chow mein whilst watchin take me out. DH is out on the lash tonight so no doubt he'll turn up with a cheeseburger abd chips for me and I will eat that too. I'm gonna look like jabba the hut tonight.

Lol bubbles777 a mat dress next august will be pushing it a bit - especially if I have a 1yo baby! But bet it would be comfy!

Chow neon sounds great - our Chinese shut because of their new year so me and step son eating massive bags of crisps! My OH is night shift and he hates crisps so this is our wee treat! I'm usually a size 8 but very active so have always ate like a horse but now I'm too tired to exercise and just want lots of food :)

Lol bubbles777 a mat dress next august will be pushing it a bit - especially if I have a 1yo baby! But bet it would be comfy!

Chow neon sounds great - our Chinese shut because of their new year so me and step son eating massive bags of crisps! My OH is night shift and he hates crisps so this is our wee treat! I'm usually a size 8 but very active so have always ate like a horse but now I'm too tired to exercise and just want lots of food :)
Omg oops i thought u meant august coming. im not usually this thick honest. Lol. crisps sounds good to me im eating some choc m&ms that I was supposed to be saving for baking cookies but what can i say, i'm greedy. peanut butter cookies minus m&ms it is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->