Glasgow mummies-to-be! anyone due in September?

Hi, nice to meet u all, im EDD on 17th sept and also going to southern general, im still waiting on word about my booking appointment, not heard anything yet :nope: , hopefully hear soon, i already have my DD who is 5 :happydance: looking forward to this one

:thumbup:

Hi ladies mind if I join you? I'm not due till October but likely have baby early by section.

Hi all, glad to hear everyone's going well and Septemberbaby your scan went well.

I had a scan on Tuesday (9w) because I was bleeding at the weekend. Everything is fine though, I saw heartbeat and little arms and legs moving. It was an emotional day!

The people at the Princess Royal were great. I'm glad I've chosen there.

Still haven't got a referral yet! No booking appointment! It is very frustrating. I don't know where it's getting lost.

Went into town today and bought maternity jeans. I've not had jeans on for a month and it's such a relief to wear them again! Really cheered me up.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

My sister had her baby at the Royal and she had to phone up as it turned out her appointments got lost in the post.

Congratulations to all the Glasgow mummies to be! I'm due on September 8th, going to be at The Southern General too. Awaiting my booking and scan appointment, which is March 7th. Seems like an age away! Will be 14 weeks by then.

So great to know there's so many of us due around the same time. It's our first wee one. Here's to a healthy pregnancy for all. X

I'll be going to the Southern too. That's where I had my son. Really loved the community midwifes and the midwifes in the hospital.

My sister had her baby at the Royal and she had to phone up as it turned out her appointments got lost in the post.

Aye, sounds like its common! My first referral from the gp was lost before it got to the hospital, which they couldn't explain because they're done electronically. I asked them to send another one through and they promised they had but when I was in on Tuesday I still wasn't in the system.

I'm going to phone in the middle of the week and if they don't have it I'm going to go to my GP surgery and occupy it until I am satisfied they've actually sent something!

Hi ladies! Finally found this group!! I'm just going on 6w 5d and time is dragging soo much!!
When did you all have your first midwife appt for bloods etc??

I saw my consultant when I was only 4w 1d but that was suppose to be a pre pregnancy appt before I got pregnant due to all the complications I had with my son. She said she would see me in 6 to 8 weeks, 10-12weeks pregnant.

When I went to my gp at 5 weeks she said she wouldn't refer me as the consultant probably did it all that day but now I'm worried that neither of them have!

Have a private scan booked for feb 18th at 8w 4d so if I haven't heard anything by then il get in touch with them!! Xx

Congrats ladies on your BFP! I'm due 19th aug and first scan is at 14 weeks too LaJanthia. It feels like we are waiting longer in Glasgow - maybe just so many of us. Tinytabby - so happy you got your scan and all good :)

Hi ladies mind if I join you? I'm not due till October but likely have baby early by section.

Hey il also be having baby early by section! Can I ask why u are?
I had a bad tear after my son 3 years ago and after suffering for 2 years I had to get plastic surgery to fix things!! So consultant says I've to think about planned section. Wasn't sure at first but now I'm thinking it's probably the best idea! Xx

I think the glasgow maternity hospitals are under a lot more pressure with closure of the Queen Mother's. I had Lewis shortly after it closed and heard all sorts about how busy the Royal was as a result. This is part of the reason I'm returning to the Southern. The day I gave birth I was the only person on the labour ward for the majority of the day and I heard of people in the Royal that same day were bot even getting into the labour ward to give birth they were so busy.

I'm sure it's all calmed down a bit now though.

Hey il also be having baby early by section! Can I ask why u are?
I had a bad tear after my son 3 years ago and after suffering for 2 years I had to get plastic surgery to fix things!! So consultant says I've to think about planned section. Wasn't sure at first but now I'm thinking it's probably the best idea! Xx

It's not that I want a section but I had to have an emergency srction with my son due to severe pre-eclampsia after being told I didn't have it for weeks. My blood pressure would go sky high then come back down so they originally said that despite me having every other symptom as it was coming back down I was fine. Turns out they were wrong. I had a scan the day before showing everything was fine and placenta was working fine. But when they sectioned me they.checked the placenta afterwards and said it showed signs that he really had to be born.

So for fear if the placenta doing the same again I would rather have a section than have the placenta stop working.

Hello ladies,

came across this forum today and decided to join, Im expecting my 3rd baby september from my own dates around the 6th, I am still waiting for my booking in appointment and 12 week scan, The princess royal seem to have a back log of people and was told id have to wait another 2 to 3 weeks, anyone else waited this long for the booking in app and scan??

xx

Hey Glasgow mummies to be! Just thought I'd check in with you all to see how you're all doing!

I'm 11 weeks now.. I'm very tired still and my skin has become very spotty... Aside from that I'm feeling pretty good. Got a private NT scan on Thursday - has anyone else had their scan yet? Quite excited, quite nervous! Trying not to obsess! Really looking forward to telling people as I'm bored of it being a secret!!

Hope you are all healthy and happy! :hugs:

Ps Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm 10 weeks today by LMP, and my first official scan is in 2 weeks today!

I've been feeling really really sick and have hardly been eating. I think I've lost 6-7 pounds in the last 3-4 weeks, but I'm not really bothered, as I'm a bit overweight anyway, so my GP said not to worry too much as long as I get enough liquids and at least some food every day. It sure doesn't feel nice though.

I love good food, so not being able to eat is really getting me down quite a bit :(

At least our close family knows, so I have people to complain to if I want :D can't wait for the 2nd tri, hoping the sickness will go away!!

Hi bubbles777

Saw your post, im due september and also live in cumbernauld and will also be going to the princess royal so you are not the only one going there! i had my 2 sons there. xx

Hi Mrs Brady - I'm due around the same time as you, and yes, I'm still waiting for an appointment date. I'm supposed to be at the Princess Royal but my notes are apparently at the Southern! It is quite hectic by all accounts.

Hi everyone :thumbup:

Im from glasgow as well and am going to the southern. I will be 6 weeks tomorrow and haven't had a scan date through yet :cry:

How far gone were you guys before you got an appointment? Iam the most impatient person ever lol.

Xxxx

I'm sure last time round I didn't get my appoinemnet date through for the southern till 9/10 weeks and the booking appointenet and scan were done at the same time at 12 weeks these were with the community midwifes at the new victoria.

hey all, i'm in my 20's and 9weeks 1day pregnant today, i am due 22nd september from my scan. i have had 4 scans soo far, as i am soo high risk, we have heartbeat on the two last scans,

me and OH had been TTC almost 5 years and went through fertility treatment. which ended in hell as the iui went wrong and i ended up in hospital with sever OHSS which ended in liver and kidney damage and were were told to stop trying that it was over and then i got pregnant lol here we are... still very high risk and on friday i had a CT scan because was rushed to hospital with suspected minigitis.

my booking in appointment/12week scan is on 8th march.

I live in Milngavie but used to be from cumbernauld.

I am booking in at the southern and already had two out of my 4 scans there.

I also have a son who is almost 5years old with some extra needs.

i am glad i am going to the southern this time because royal has been nothing but hell to my family. with my DS they tried to put him in a grave before he was born and they killed my daughter by medical misdignosis so wont touch them with a barge poll again i am just glad my son was born in cambridge while we were on holiday or else they might have had him dead too :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->