Glucose Tolerance Test - UK

Hopetobemum13

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I had a glucose tolerance test on Tuesday, I didn't get my results then the hospital just sent me home.

Any-one had one of these and know what happens next?

Thanks

I had mine on Thursday and got my results yesterday just phone them and ask them. I'm guessing if anything were out of the ordinary they'd have rang you.

They phoned me the following day to give me my results. Xx

Hi everyone,

I had a glucose tolerance test on Tuesday, I didn't get my results then the hospital just sent me home.

Any-one had one of these and know what happens next?

Thanks

Hi, I live in Canada, and I have my test on Monday. If your result is above a certain number (which seems to be different from hospital to hospital), then they might want you to take a three hour test. From what I have read, even if you do not pass this screeing, it does not mean that you have GD. Actually most women don't as a matter of fact.
Hopefully, everything works out well for you, and for me as well:)
Good luck!

I had mine 2 weeks ago and they gave me the results the week after at my regular midwife app. If anything was wrong they would call you in sooner. Don't panic I'm sure everything is fine!

They contact you if needed if they don't assume its ok and just ask the midwife next time you go xx

Brilliant, I've heard nothing and my next midwife appointment is the 24th so I'll ask then!

Thanks everyone

You can always give your midwife a call to double check. But honestly the would phone you if there was a problem, they had all the results in 24 hours for mine

They dont contact you if its negative. I was expected to have a phonecall same eve if it was positive, she said if no phonecall then its negative.

i had my test on a tuesday, they phoned with positive results on the wednesday and had me into to see the diabetic ob on the thursday. no messing about

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->