Going from swaddling to sleeping bag.....how was it for you?

Reaction score
My lo has been waking for the last 2 weeks about 3/4 times a night, sometimes that includes a feed sometimes it doesnt, I think this is due to teething and being uncomfortable.
He will go back off when I give him his dummy

He has been swaddled since birth and he is getting so big now (taking after his 6ft 4 daddy!) its becoming a pain keeping him swaddled cause he fights out of it! So I thought seeing as he isnt sleeping great just now its probably the best time to introduce a sleeping back, and im kinda hoping it may help his sleep! Haha yeh rite

Anyway......i was just wondering how your lo's were with the change?

Hi there :) We changed from swaddling to a sleeping bag at about 18 weeks I think. She kept breaking out of even the tighest swaddles so we knew it was time.

I was nervous about it because she had started to sleep so well but it was fine, after about 2 nights it went back to normal, I think the sleeping bags are good as they still feel quite safe and secure in it. I got a 6-12 month sleeping bag at 6 months and I hope we can use them as long as possible. My lo is such a mover at night and we simply couldnt do without one, I would worry that she would get so cold at night. Good luck it will be fine x

my lo hated swaddling...i persivered with it for a few weeks but put him in the gro bag...he loved it could move his arms and legs around! sleeps soundly through the night although that will prob change when hes a bit older lol x

I swaddle my lo, but I thought I would try him in his sleeping bag because no matter how tight he is wrapped up he can get out of it and when I woke up in the night the other night the blanket was completely unwrapped and he had no cover on him. Anyway as I said last night i put him in his sleeping bag and he was so noisy, kept thrashing around and making so much noise that in the middle of the night I took him out of his sleeping bag and swaddled him, instantly he went quiet. Not sure what to do, he obviously sleeps better being swaddled but cos he is a wriggler he wakes himself up if he isn't swaddled.

Might buy a bigger blanket so it can be pulled right under him and hope it stops him escaping.

The HV at my postnatal group says he might just be a noisy baby, but he's definitely less noisy if he is swaddled and settles better.

I swaddle my lo, but I thought I would try him in his sleeping bag because no matter how tight he is wrapped up he can get out of it and when I woke up in the night the other night the blanket was completely unwrapped and he had no cover on him. Anyway as I said last night i put him in his sleeping bag and he was so noisy, kept thrashing around and making so much noise that in the middle of the night I took him out of his sleeping bag and swaddled him, instantly he went quiet. Not sure what to do, he obviously sleeps better being swaddled but cos he is a wriggler he wakes himself up if he isn't swaddled.

Might buy a bigger blanket so it can be pulled right under him and hope it stops him escaping.

The HV at my postnatal group says he might just be a noisy baby, but he's definitely less noisy if he is swaddled and settles better.

This is what im worried about but i think as he isnt sleeping great at the mo i may aswell try it! Its so hard when they liked being swaddled! :wacko:

My LO also loves to be swaddled. We use a swaddleme blanket but she is starting to wriggle her hands up & out the top.

Would love to be able to keep swaddling her for another few months but I think im going to have to move her to a sleeping bag soon too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->