Gonal Girls

Thanks gaijin ...no symptoms really apart from being an emotional wreck an tiredness...the type of tiredness that turns on with a switch an you just have to fall asleep! I had that about 9dpiui an then days 11/12/13 i just cried all day!

Best of luck an baby dust in your trAvels ':)

X

Congratulations aimze!! :happydance:

Thanks Norah!!!!

Welcome scerena!!!!! And goodluck on your journey!!!!

Big Congrats Aimze!!!! I too was nervous and still is! I thought it would be over after I got my :bfp:, then betas, then heartbeat, but noooo I constantly stay a little worrisome. Lol. I have to make my 1st prenatal visit appt soon. H and H 9 months

Congratulations Chiles! :thumbup:

aimze- congrats

norah- ill be on progesterone. im doing ivf so...

went for my us today.. the biggest got bigger but not enormous and i have a ton of little ones. cause my e2 was only in the 800s yesterday it suggests a lot arent mature. if it is still going up today then we will keep stimming for a trigger monday and ER weds, if it flatlines then we will trigger for tuesday. kinda excited and bummed.. excited cause there is a chance for a bunch more eggs but bummed cause im worried that the big wwill go overripe without maturing the little ones,

aimze- Congratulations!

norahbattie- That's great that you ovulated! Good luck!

FutureMama- Don't be discouraged! 12mm is a great start! Follies can grow 1-2mm or more a day. I had a 12mm and 2 11mm follies on CD 8, and on CD 10 I had 2 15mm and 2 13mm, so one of the 13s popped up in just a couple of days and the others grew 2-4mm. On CD 11 they grew to 18mm (+3), 16mm (+1), and 2 14mm (+1). So don't lose hope! Those two follies could take off and be mature in just a matter of a few days.

drsquid- Even if the big one doesn't end up being good, having a bunch of the smaller ones grow sounds like a great thing! Good luck!

thanks guys.. my e2 jumped to 1400. doc dropped me to 150 gonal and go back for us monday. hopefully that means my little eggies are plumping up nicely. kinda annoyed for the delay but if it means more good eggs..

I haven't had a chance to read through but I will later as I'm a little busy ATM, I need a little support if I could please?

Im cd3 and have my scan tomorrow morning and get all my info and hopefully get started with the injections... Ladies I am crapping myself about it :haha: I haven't shut up about it and been so excited but now I have to actually inject myself I am worrying so much reality is starting to kick in :/ I really am hoping that I can do it I'm scared I won't be able to my nerves are taking over me :cry:

Thanks futuremama and goodluck on your journey as well!!!!!

As for the rest of you ladies goodluck on your new cycles and where ever you are at in the cycle now.

Congrats Aimze!!! The first tri is always worrisome, but try to enjoy it as much as you can!!

Norah - we're having a boy! We were able to tell at 13.5 weeks, but we got it confirmed just before 16 weeks.

Scerena - After your first shot, you'll realize that it's easy peasy! Try not to stress - you'll do great! They really aren't that bad. Some people use ice to numb the area first, but I never needed to do that. You'll have to decide how you prefer to inject - some like to jab it in really fast and I like to go slow. The needles are thin and short, so as long as they're sharp (every once in a while I got a dullish one), you can't feel a thing! GL!!!

Thanks for the support Cridge you never fail to calm me down :) I'm ready for this now I was all panicky this morning but I've drummed it into my head and reminded myself as to exactly why I am doing this and it will all be worth it :)
I will probably love needles after all the injections and bloods etc :haha: I think I will probably inject slow but I guess I will find out soon :)

I actually don't mind injecting at all. I'm sure it freaked me out the first time I did it (over 10 years ago), but I don't remember much about how I felt. Now I almost enjoy it because I feel like I'm putting my health in my own hands. Mind you, I would never want to have to inject daily, say if I were diabetic or something, but doing it for a couple of weeks was kinda fun. :wacko: You'll do great - you just need to get through that first injection to see how "fun" it is. :haha:

:haha: Cridge you make me laugh so much :) I will be joining in the fun very very soon hopefully :) hoping for NO cysts on my scan tomorrow considering last cycle wasn't medicated hopefully I will be okay :)
What cd do ladies usually start the injections??

scerena there were times that i didn't even realise i injected as i didn't feel a thing, its only when i saw the empty vials i remembered lol!! i jabbed quick and into the side of my tummy, didn't feel a thing. Good luck xx

Thatnkyou :) you have also made me feel calm :) so reassuring to know it doesn't hurt I think I am just being a whimp :haha:
Thank you for the good luck :)

How many cycles of injectables have you done??

i have had 2 cycles, first cycle i did 75iu for 12 days and then the second cycle went really well until i bled out 8dpo, i am on an injectable free cycle this cycle having taken clomid and metformin, ended up 2 dominant follicles and ovulated, just started progesterone this morning, not bad at all. I will test on the 21st

Gl for testing :) hopefully you get your :bfp: on this injectable free cycle :dust: gl :)

I went in today and my ovaries are looking active which is a good start and everything was fine to go. I was feeling sick last night and all this morning I put it down to nerves...
Anyhow they didnt have my meds in as the receptionist booked me in for a hcg blood test- I know wtf??? I was like its injectables, so the nurse gave me the prescription then I went back with the meds and she then taught me how to do it all...
I was so so so scared I was so scared I even said I wasnt sure if I wanted to go through with it :haha:
Long story short I done it! It wasnt too bad, but cant say I like doing it as of yet... but its not as bad as what I thought once its done
I am taking- Merional 75IU
every other day for now, so next shot is weds,
my next scan is thursday...

I hope you are all well :hugs:

Aimze - that's wonderfuil news! Congrats!

Welcome Scerena - you'll no doubt get used to the injections soon :)

I had a scan today and was converted to IVF - I had too many follicles grow after weeks of nothing. I am SO nervous... My egg retrieval will be Thursday or Friday.

Wat did I tell u curlie girl! Same thing happen to me! Any who Goodluck!!!! Keep us updated!

I went in for a scan today... I have a whole bunch of follicles. I got a cetrotide injection this morning to prevent ovullation, just in case, and I am taking my HCG tonight... My egg retrieval is Thursday morning... So nervous!

I am also nervous because on the day of the retrieval, I will start progesterone and estrogen. Has anyone had experience with progesterone? Did you do the vaginal suppositories or the injections? The injections are intramuscular, so a lot more intense than the gonal f ones.

I think I will go for the suppositories, even though they a 3x a day as opposed to 1 injection a day. You can't really do the injections yourself, and my DH will be away for work. I am also travelling this summer, and the suppositories seem easier to travel with than needles and sharp disposal containers, etc. The downside to the suppositories is always getting up early (they have to be done every 8 hours) and apparently they are messy.

I am so nervous!

Hi Curliegirlie
I am taking the suppositories at the moment and putting them in vaginally, its absolutely fine putting them but they are quite messy through the day as they dissolve, i presume its just the coating that is coming out, well i hope anyhoo. I have had no side effects thank god with the pessaries and compared to injecting gonal F this is a walk in the park! I do mine twice a day but on the 400mg dose of cyclogest, 9 days until testing for me. I am getting some nipple twinges and abdominal twinges but i think i am just symptom spotting, i don't feel any different to be honest so not thinking about it.
Good luck with your egg retrieval, i hope it all goes well for you
Naz
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back