Gonal Girls

Curliegirlie, I'm using Crinone this cycle starting tonight and I used it back in December. It's a vaginal suppository. It is pretty messy and I have to wear a pantyliner with it. Also, after a few days of it there gets to be a buildup of it up there so it gets pretty nasty!

Just been to the docs. I've only got one egg on my left side so this cycle is pretty much a bust, slimmest chance ever the egg will find the right tube (good tube). I am gutted even though I could have predicted this. Going for my IVF consultation on Monday. Good luck with the cycle ladies x

wanting2010 - Thanks for the info - we'll probably be using progesterone at the same time (I start tomorrow) so we can cry on each other's shoulders about that...haha

gaijin - That really stinks... I was converted to IVF because I had nothing growing and then EVERYTHING started to grow as soon as the dose was upped a teeny bit. When scanning me, my doctor was saying the follicles must be thinking "Yay! Now we can all party!" It's nice that he has a sense of humour. Hopefully IVF is right for you. Keep us posted.

I have my egg retrieval tomorrow morning - so freakin' nervous... Not so much about the procedure itself, but about the outcome. I mean, it would be so dissapointing to have actual fertilized eggs put in and then they just don't implant after all this time and effort.

Have any of you ladies done IVF? Successful or not?

had my egg retrieval today. went with a friend who is going to the same ivf doctor and his eyes nearly bugged out of his head when he saw us both (he knows we are friends but..) he saw her first and looked quite confused. all went smoothly. got 13 eggs, and 12 were mature so.. yay. already bummed about my 1 sad immature egg even though that is silly. tomorrow i find out how many fertilized (and i know i have to be ready to lose a bunch). of course doc for some reason decided to talk to me when i was still hammered. all i caught was 13 and had to call him later for more details. nurse said he looked really happy with the results (which is nice from dr doom and gloom)

Curlie Girlie & Dr Squid - how was the egg retrieval? Painful? Be interested to hear your experiences

hi ladies can i please join you im currently waiting for af to show her ugly face then i will be starting my first round of gonal f i will be doing it on cd3-10 at 75iu does this sound right? also i wont be doing the trigger as i normally ovulate on my own will i still release all the big juicy follies or still just one i just want the best chance to catch the little sods lol and might consider the trigger if i wont release all the follies on my own

er wasnt bad. i liked the drugs (propofol and fentanyl). i was pretty sleepy for about an hour, then i was ok. went out to lunch etc. last night and this am i have kinda bloaty crampy feelings but not too bad. taking tylenol

Welcome jennie86!

I had my egg retrieval today... Got 8 mature eggs. Kind of painful, but not too bad. The worst part was the IV, because it's always hard for them to find a good vein!

Like drsquid, I also went out for lunch after. I'm home now, but feeling ok. I took my first dose of progesterone.

drsquid - how many fertilized eggs will they transfer? My doc only does one, even if several are good. He won't even do 2.

im 39- he said 2-3.. but then again he expected me not to get many etc.. we got 13, of which 12 were mature and 11 fertilized. he had been talking about day 3 transfer but is now talking day 5 depending on how they look on sat. this am when he told me the fert rate i said oh that is ok,.. and he corrected me and told me it was fantastic and that he was happy.. which is really nice.. i have fabulous veins so.. ivs are no biggie, i actually always make them use the same one cause it is my right arm and im a lefty

So I went today for my ultra sound and I already have one follow at 15!! There are two others both at 11 so I'm hoping they catch up! He's thinking the IUIs might be Tuesday and Wendesday.. This cycle is moving quick! On a side note, I started the Ganirelex to stop ovulation and I had a skin reaction to it and wound up at the hospital.. Oh the joys of infertility! So now I have to take Claratin before I give myself that shot!!! Oh, and we're adding Menupor at night. So three shots a day for the next 3 days then another ultrasound on Monday!

That last post was supposed to be on another thread!!!! I just started taking Gonal F and one of the girls told me to check out this thread! So sorry for the last post... I can't delete it!! My name is Angela and my DH and I have been TTC for three and a Half years. This will be our third IUI and our first with Gonal F!

Welcome AMP!

Drsquid - That IS fantastic!

I wasn't so lucky. Of the 8 eggs retrived yesterday, only 2 were mature and only 1 fertilized. Usually they wait 3-5 days, but they want to transfer the 1 fertilized egg tomorrow morning. Things don't look too hopeful. I am super bummed because today is my birthday and I really wanted some good news. My DH planned a little party tonight, but now I just want to get to bed early for the transfer tomorrow. I am not in a party mood. :( :( :(

Happy birthday curliegirlie!!! Enjoy your birthday and remember you only need 1!
welcome to the newbies

I stupidly test this morning, I think I am 8dpo and guess what :bfn: i hate the 2WW!!!!

hi ladies,

i hope you dont mind me joining you. We have been trying for 6 months for #2 and so far nothing. Been taking clomid for 6 months and hcg trigger the last month. Once AF arrives will start gonal-f. MY doc did not advise i take any lupron so idk about the hyper ovarian syndrom. Did anyone take lupron or any other drugs that suppressed the amount of eggs the follicule-f produces.

baby dust to all

Happy Birthday curliegirl!!!! I am sending you tons of dust and hoping that you get your :bfp: looking forward to reading all about it!

curlie- happy bday.. im sorry it wasnt better news. i have my fingers crossed for your little embie.

talked to my doc today about transfer. he is saying likely day 3.. like 80% chance.. no real clear reason.. im going to put back 2. in looking it up it appears pregnancy rates are pretty similar regardless.. he is going to call me at 8 am but i have to be there by 8:45 and it is like 30 min away.

Thanks everyone - I am in better spirits today. Just had my transfer this morning. The little embie is a grade 3 out of 5 (1 being the best), but I guess anything is possible. Now it just has to implant. I hope it gets all settled in!

drsquid - did you have your transfer today as well? FX for you!!

Norah - I hate the TWW wait too... I think we all do... Keep us posted and FX for you!

Chiles - How are you feeling these days? Any weird cravings? :)

It's awkward because we have a friend in town for work, and he's staying with us right now, but he's not a close enough friend that I want to share what's going on with him. I'll just have to pretend I'm not feeling well or something to avoid doing too much today (I want to rest!).

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes!

That sounds good curliegirl!!! FX!!!! And whatever I can think of is what I crave! Lol! Like I'm about to eat some carrots and ranch, and probably some chocolate with ice cold water! I gotta have what I want when I want it or I won't eat it. Last night I had a bad scenario...my hubby when and got us subs and I sent an exact list of what I wanted and he did his own thing of what he knew I usually get...well I opened it up disappointed that it was things I didn't ask for, and missing things I sent for and burst into tears. He just snatched it up and went bk and got another one...I am like u the one messed up not me! And little to be said he still forgot my onions and tomato ! Lol!

Oy totally hit my sciatic last night. Didnt sleep cause of pain in my butt. I don't remember what all I wrote before but the doc actually called me back a second time to say he thought it wouldn't be a problem. I told him I never thought it would be. I had 13 follicles. All of them with be producing progesterone so it isn't like there is none. Besides I was only starting 12 hrs late. So this am the stupid shower had no water pressure... Sigh. Doc of course
Called as I was heading across the bay bridge. Turns out I have 8 embryos that have 8-10 cells do they are gonna go to blast. He was saying how unexpected that was at my age , so I said "see I'm special". He got all serious and was like... We need to manage expectations and they won't all go to blast etc. umm duh. I then went and stopped at the clinic that is gonna do the transfer to get more needles and get them to do my shot today cause I just couldn't face it. Also told them when was best for me Monday (doc was all like... We have to work with their schedule etc... Umm dude squeaky wheel and all). So all is good now other than ass pain

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->