Gonal Girls

kk welcome to the forum! Must be challenging being in a country where you have a language barrier- us girls will help you where we can :)
Gl with your iui :)

lauren bless you I bet you have been so stressed out! Do not worry about it too much Hun I do TI and not IUI an I hear of many ladies getting their bfp with TI, I am glad you have a plan now- shame about the ticket you have to pay for though :( :dust:

amber is there anyway to increase your lp? Or is 11 days fine?? Sorry you're cd1 though Hun :hugs: I always have a good old cry then I feel a little better :hugs:
Would be lovely to get a bfp on your birthday :)

Afm- I really can't trigger this weekend until Sunday night so hoping my body slows down- last time my follicle was 21mm so if the 2 are like 16ish then I'm going to ask for them to let me do it Sunday night as I have the kids all weekend and want to be able to time my bd properly- plus don't want to trigger Friday as oh has a SA on Friday too :dohh:

Whoa talk about emotional train wreck. So...my clinic wants me to trigger Wednesday for IUI on Thursday at 930am. Hubby won't be home til Thursday evening. But here's my question ( and my clinic never called me back with an answer...) why trigger at 9pm Wednesday evening... For an IUI thursday morning...12.5 hours later??? So, after many tears shed as decisions made, hubby is going to fly home to be here Thursday evening and were only going to do timed intercourse. I've never been found to have any CM issues an he has a good sperm count. So we're just gonna roll with it and do the trigger and let mature take it's course. Save money through foregoing the IUI...bug spend it on a plane ticket. Uuugh. Kinda bummed, but well see

Lauren,

They want to trigger tonight because your 18mm follicle is mature, the others probably won't catch up, so they want you to trigger for the 18mm follicle. It is possible that the others will catch up, but not likely. My FS says that most women ovulate 36 hours from trigger. So if you trigger at 9pm tonight, you will likely ovulate 9am Friday. Typically they want to get the :spermy: up there before you ovulate to meet the egg as it releases. So that is the reason for the timing.

What were the goals of your cycle? Were you only trying to have 1 dominant follicle? Or were you trying to get more than 1? Reason why I ask is that with 1 follicle at 18, and the others so much smaller, the cycle was not successful if the plan was to develop multiple follicles. You only ended up with 1 dominant follicle, which would be the normal outcome of a normal cycle (without drugs), unless you weren't ovulating on your own before. You only need one, but it is of concern if you are spending all this money and putting yourself through all of this extra stress! It sounds to me like you need to sit down and discuss the cycle with your FS, and come up with a better plan for next month.

I think your plan of doing timed intercourse with your DH upon his return makes sense. No need to spend the money on an IUI when you only have 1 follicle. :hug: Remember, it only takes 1 egg, so don't count this cycle out!

That's what I'm going to ask my RE scerena. The other RE dismissed it and said it was due to the meds. I'm hoping this one sees it as cause for concern and helps do something about it. I have heard B6 can help lengthen it. I am taking pre-natals so I will also ask about adding that in. I looked it up and some Doctors don't see cause for concern unless the LP is 10 days or less while others consider anything less than 12 low so we will see. I should be going in for day 3 stuff tomorrow. I'm hoping the good vibe I got off this new RE holds out and he is willing to help in the ways I feel are needed.

That's what I'm going to ask my RE scerena. The other RE dismissed it and said it was due to the meds. I'm hoping this one sees it as cause for concern and helps do something about it. I have heard B6 can help lengthen it. I am taking pre-natals so I will also ask about adding that in. I looked it up and some Doctors don't see cause for concern unless the LP is 10 days or less while others consider anything less than 12 low so we will see. I should be going in for day 3 stuff tomorrow. I'm hoping the good vibe I got off this new RE holds out and he is willing to help in the ways I feel are needed.

What I can't figure out is how you are still getting your period even with progesterone supplementation! That is what I would wonder. I have heard that with the progesterone supplements you shouldn't get your period until a few days after you stop taking them. So hmm.. I would definitely ask your FS about that!
Maybe you need a different form of progesterone? Did they ever test your progesterone levels during the last 7 days of your cycle?

Yes alicatt I have wondered the same thing. I noticed everyone else saying they didn't get it until they stopped but last cycle my progesterone bottomed out on my 11dpo blood work. At 6dpo this cycle it was 22.92 I still don't know what it was on 11dpo as they still haven't released those results online. I plan on asking about that too. Last month at 3dpo it was 42.10 7dpo it was 11.57 then on 11dpo it was 6.68. So I don't know if I need a higher dose of progesterone or what but I didn't think it should get that low if I'm on supplements.

Yes alicatt I have wondered the same thing. I noticed everyone else saying they didn't get it until they stopped but last cycle my progesterone bottomed out on my 11dpo blood work. At 6dpo this cycle it was 22.92 I still don't know what it was on 11dpo as they still haven't released those results online. I plan on asking about that too. Last month at 3dpo it was 42.10 7dpo it was 11.57 then on 11dpo it was 6.68. So I don't know if I need a higher dose of progesterone or what but I didn't think it should get that low if I'm on supplements.

WOW, 42 is great, but 6-7 is too low, that is why you got your period. I'm doing shots for IVF, and my P4 was 51 at 7dpo, which is high, but fine. They have to give you supplements when you are doing IVF because they destroy your corpus luteum which produces P4 in a normal cycle. Sounds like you might want to ask about doing PIO (progesterone in oil) shots. That is what I was doing, and it kept my progesterone levels high.

I will definitely be asking about that. I had to call today after already calling yesterday. Grrr! The receptionist didn't get the message to the nurse about me calling in yesterday as cd1. This is the 2nd time that has happened. Ugh! But I have my day 3 labs and us set up for in the morning! Praying everything is clear to go ahead with cycle #3! Hoping it's a charm!!

Ughso change of plans AGAIN. They want me to keep stimming an extra day and come in for IUI Friday morning. I would be ok with this EXCEPT I feel like my uterus is going to explode. You know that feeling you get when you have to pee? Like ur bladder is so full it kinda hurts? That's how I feel right now. It's like moderate period cramps. With no period. My nurse I talked to said it was normal. Has anyone else ever felt like this???

Ughso change of plans AGAIN. They want me to keep stimming an extra day and come in for IUI Friday morning. I would be ok with this EXCEPT I feel like my uterus is going to explode. You know that feeling you get when you have to pee? Like ur bladder is so full it kinda hurts? That's how I feel right now. It's like moderate period cramps. With no period. My nurse I talked to said it was normal. Has anyone else ever felt like this???

Wow, they keep changing things on you! I hope you are successful! Yes, I think it is normal to feel a little bloated and crampy when you are about to O.

Scerena, I am not sure how big the cyst was, but it looked big on the screen;). Your follicles are looking good!

Kk, welcome! We will try to help you anyway we can. It sucks to feel so out of control huh!?

Lauren, I'm glad they changed your IUI to Friday, hopefully that will give some time for another follicle to mature. And yes, these meds do make your ovaries feel huge! I think it is because they are being stimulated- it's totally normal unless you feel intense pain.

Amber, grrr...for AF! I hope you get the all clear to do another round this cycle! Looks like we will be medicated cycle buddies! I expect AF to show up this weekend.

Alicatt, how are you doing?

Congratulations Norah! Thank you so much for the great news and inspiration!

Scerena, I am not sure how big the cyst was, but it looked big on the screen;). Your follicles are looking good!

Kk, welcome! We will try to help you anyway we can. It sucks to feel so out of control huh!?

Lauren, I'm glad they changed your IUI to Friday, hopefully that will give some time for another follicle to mature. And yes, these meds do make your ovaries feel huge! I think it is because they are being stimulated- it's totally normal unless you feel intense pain.

Amber, grrr...for AF! I hope you get the all clear to do another round this cycle! Looks like we will be medicated cycle buddies! I expect AF to show up this weekend.

I'm doing well thanks for asking! I'm on the BCP if you can believe it! It is so strange being on the pill when I haven't taken the pill in years. I go back in on Nov 7th for a trial transfer (where they make sure they can insert the catherter), and ultrasound, then if all is well, we start lupron on Nov 9th, stop BCP on Nov 13th and start stims on Nov 26th. It feels like a long way away!

How are you feeling?

That's so exciting and will be here before you know it! I am just feeling impatient for AF to get here!

Ok so had some small cysts but nothing to hold us back. I did ask my new RE about my concerns with the progesterone and LP and although he didn't just shrug me off, he did give me a little explanation,he was still going to treat this cycle the same. This upset me. He said the reason my progesterone got low was that either I didn't ovulate well or since I didn't become pregnant that is why it didn't stay up. And the LP was nothing to worry about. Well after he left and the nurse was bringing me my instructions she said not to worry that he was right but if I remind her then we will try twice daily progesterone after O this cycle! They are also starting me on 225 of Gonal this cycle! I was about ready to fall apart after talking to him but thank goodness the nurse gave me some hope.

amber I guess all docs have different views on what is normal and what is not.. Sounds like the nurse was really nice bless her :hugs: I hope the twice daily progesterone really helps you hun :hugs: Gl this cycle :dust:

lauren Yes I get that feeling all the time when im due to o!! How are you feeling about doing the iui??

alicatt It must feel weird being on bcp! I am hoping that all goes well so that you can get started in november hun :hugs:

kmae My cyst looked really big on the screen also! I really hope all will be okay so that you can get onto a new cycle :)

I have my scan in the morning- so hoping I dont have to trigger until at least sunday as oh has SA in the afternoon and we have the kids all weekend, so with the SA etc thats going to mess our bd up loads!

FX for you scerena that you won't have to trigger til Sunday!!!

Yea I guess all Dr's are different. I just felt I needed to ask so maybe the twice a day will be what I need and that's why I needed to ask. Only time will tell. But they finally posted my labs! My progesterone was 6.3 and my estrogen was 51! How could she lie to me on the phone saying my levels looked good? I was livid after reading them. You can bet if they try not to tell me my levels this cycle I will demand it! Don't leave me thinking there is a chance when you know well and good there isn't! Sorry rant over!

FX for you scerena that you won't have to trigger til Sunday!!!

Yea I guess all Dr's are different. I just felt I needed to ask so maybe the twice a day will be what I need and that's why I needed to ask. Only time will tell. But they finally posted my labs! My progesterone was 6.3 and my estrogen was 51! How could she lie to me on the phone saying my levels looked good? I was livid after reading them. You can bet if they try not to tell me my levels this cycle I will demand it! Don't leave me thinking there is a chance when you know well and good there isn't! Sorry rant over!

Ya.. those levels would be good if you are trying to get your period! Not keep a pregnancy going. OMG, that is crazy!

I really hope that this is your month Amber!!! GL, and FX'd.

Thanks! I felt so huge I was nervous about taking the HCG shot...but I did it! And I actually felt less bloated this morning lol. I just got out of my IUI a few hours ago and it went great! Post-wash hubby had 18 mil :) I go for my beta on 11/9. I'm half excited and half scared. I just want this to be IT.

amber I have everything crossed for you :hugs:

lauren glad you feel less bloated and the iui is done :) sending :dust: your way :)

alicatt hope you're doing okay Hun??

Afm scan today-
Lining 9.15mm and follicle 14mm
Got to bd Sunday incase I ovulate on my own otherwise back on Monday and should be ready to trigger, great news as I didn't want to trigger this weekend... We were told to bd Sunday incase I o on my own and then scan Monday and trigger if not :)

They also done my amh (I didn't have to end up paying) and they done my 1st HIV test also (I have to do two new tests in 3 months apart) will get a call in two week with amh results to see if I'm Eligable to egg share- well nervous now!

amber I have everything crossed for you :hugs:

lauren glad you feel less bloated and the iui is done :) sending :dust: your way :)

alicatt hope you're doing okay Hun??

Afm scan today-
Lining 9.15mm and follicle 14mm
Got to bd Sunday incase I ovulate on my own otherwise back on Monday and should be ready to trigger, great news as I didn't want to trigger this weekend... We were told to bd Sunday incase I o on my own and then scan Monday and trigger if not :)

They also done my amh (I didn't have to end up paying) and they done my 1st HIV test also (I have to do two new tests in 3 months apart) will get a call in two week with amh results to see if I'm Eligable to egg share- well nervous now!

Sounds like you are on a roll! I have heard that your follicles should grow 1-2mm a day, and it probably won't burst until it is at least 20, so I think you should be good for trigger on Monday. Let's hope your AMH is looking good!!! Mine was 3.8, but there are different scales. On my scale anything under 1 is bad. So GL with that!!!

I'm doing well here, just playing the waiting game, 2 weeks until I start Lupron and then 2 weeks from there and I'll be stimming! Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->