Gonal Girls

Today I am thankful to have all of you ladies to share all the ups and downs of TTC and to have your support :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Here is to some Holiday miracles this season!!!

Thanks alicatt!! Hope you had a good day. It wasnt as hard as I thought it would be, to be thankful, after all the emotions surrounding my chemical. I just tried to be thankful for the future and for modern medicine and the things I already have. My husband, my son, and future attemps, a the future in general. WE WILL HAVE 2013 BABIES!!!

Hi ladies,
I'd like to join you all! I'm so glad I found this thread.

A lot of my background is in my siggy. I'm 25 and our RE can't find anything wrong with me. I am currently in the TWW with my first cycle of Gonal F. She put me on 75iu for 7 days. I only had one lead follie, which will hopefully give us one healthy baby.

I felt pretty good while taking it other than I had severe cramping for a few hours 2 days after mu IUI on my ovulating ovary side.

I am sooo thankful for you ladies also! I put it in my journal but wanted to let you ladies know it as well!

Redhead - welcome! I hope you get your bfp!

AF got me 2 days ago. I went in for my baseline u/s today and have a 41mm cyst so I have to sit out on taking meds this cycle. Hoping I won't need progesterone to start my period again. Having a cyst was really, really upsetting, I was really hoping I would be able to try again right away in hopes for a BFP by Christmas:cry:.

Kmae - so sorry to hear that hun...are they giving you any meds to help bring the cyst down or is a waiting game?

It's a waiting game. How are you?

Redhead, welcome and GL this cycle!

So sorry Kmae.. That is quite a large cyst! I hope it goes down quickly.
How is everyone else doing?
I have my baseline U/S tomorrow and hopefully get the green light to start my stims. I really hope it goes well!

Kmae-sorry about the cyst. I know how frustrating it is to have a cycle cancelled.

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!

ttcbaby I'm not really sure what levels she was talking about. She didn't say. I know they test estrogen and progesterone and release those results to me but they may test HCG and just not release that to me.

Kmae so sorry about the cyst! Guess there will be a few of us taking next cycle off. Here's to hoping 2013 brings us luck and :bfp:'s!!!!

I have had mixed feelings about taking Dec off especially since if AF runs the same course as it did this month then she should arrive right before Christmas and I don't want to be going in to the RE and starting meds right before that so I might possibly be technically taking 2 cycles off :sad1: But that will give me some time to work on losing some weight and taking some stress off of us. And who knows we've gotten pregnant on our own maybe we'll get a Christmas miracle [-o<

But I'll still be checking in on you lovely ladies!!! :winkwink:

Welcome Redhead :wave: Best of luck to you!!!!

kmae - I am doing ok...just chilling out a bit and cheering you ladies on!

Amber - I think that is a great idea....relaxing and enjoying life a little is always needed.

AFM - I ovulated early...crazy! Well me and dh probably didnt do it in time but I am ok with that...this is a natural cycle and am just gearing up for my December IUI.

The two week waiting is killing me. On one hand I know it will not happen( cos those things happen to everyone BUT me) on the other I still have hope. When I was on clomid I did not have any side effect. Now , on gonal.. I cry watching tv ads, my boobs are sore ( they are never sore ) , And I have had cramps since the IUI. Did any of you ladies had the same thing happening to them ? also my dosage was only 50 , Also it took me THREE weeks to produce only one good follie. ( with clomid I always had 2 or 3)

I even started using OPK's to give me hope ( as an early HPT). The AF should come on Friday. When do you ladies think I should do pregnancy test ?

arghhhhh I hate the wait so much !!!!!

biz - I had those symptoms but I dont know if it was from the gonal or the trigger shot....I usually wait to test until the day my af is due but I am a scary tester.

Tested today.. BFN... kidding myself there is still hope.... but I know Af is coming. The same things happens every month. Spotting- it's probably implantation bleeding, cramping- probably the uterus is stretching... And the reason is always the same ... another unsuccessful IUI.

One more go with IUI before we move to IVF. Thank GOD its all covered by the insurance otherwise I would have to sell my kidney...

Started my metformin a couple of days ago. No issues like last time. Apparently my OBGYN had prescribed them to me wrong and was having me take 1500mg all at once and it was dogging me right out to the point where I went to the ER for it. I go for my bloodwork and baseline u/s on 12/9. Hoping for the best.

Started my metformin a couple of days ago. No issues like last time. Apparently my OBGYN had prescribed them to me wrong and was having me take 1500mg all at once and it was dogging me right out to the point where I went to the ER for it. I go for my bloodwork and baseline u/s on 12/9. Hoping for the best.

Good luck! I took metformin in the past, and it was hard on the stomach, that is for sure! They had me taking 1000mg a day, but it was the ER one. That slowly released throughout the day. It was more expensive I think than the regular kind but it really helped me with the stomach cramps. Otherwise, you can take the generic, but take it several times a day like 500mg in the morning and 500 mg at night. I can't remember if taking it with food was suggested? If so, that will help with the cramps too. GL on the 9th!

I started Stims 2 days ago, I'm on day 3 today. I have my next U/S on Friday to see how the follicles are growing. I can't wait!

sorry about the bfn bizz....i wish I had infertility coverage!

Good luck! I took metformin in the past, and it was hard on the stomach, that is for sure! They had me taking 1000mg a day, but it was the ER one. That slowly released throughout the day. It was more expensive I think than the regular kind but it really helped me with the stomach cramps. Otherwise, you can take the generic, but take it several times a day like 500mg in the morning and 500 mg at night. I can't remember if taking it with food was suggested? If so, that will help with the cramps too. GL on the 9th!

I started Stims 2 days ago, I'm on day 3 today. I have my next U/S on Friday to see how the follicles are growing. I can't wait!
The ones I got this time are the ER type. And they're still super cheap (although, oddly enough, cost more than my gonal f pens after I get charged my copay lol). But I've felt fine thankfully.
Good luck at your u/s!! I am keeping my fx for you!!!!

If you don't mind me asking, where r u from? Do you have health insurance at all? Some states have it mandatory. (thanks god, otherwise I'd be up the creek).

If you don't mind me asking, where r u from? Do you have health insurance at all? Some states have it mandatory. (thanks god, otherwise I'd be up the creek).

Wait! So it is mandatory to have infertility coverage in NY? I didn't know that! I have insurance, but it doesn't cover treatments, only testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->