Gonal Girls

Hi Ladies! I haven't posted on here in a while, but have been checking in.
Lauren - I'm so sorry to see your CP :(
Alicatt - good luck - FX'd for this IVF! I hope this is your THB

I have a question - has anyone used a half-full pen after 30 days? I have 400iu left from September and hate to throw it out. I pay for my injectables OOP - that would be throwing out more $$ then I care to think about. I had to sit out a couple cycles due to many, many cysts from my first injectable cycle.

Hi Ladies! I haven't posted on here in a while, but have been checking in.
Lauren - I'm so sorry to see your CP :(
Alicatt - good luck - FX'd for this IVF! I hope this is your THB

I have a question - has anyone used a half-full pen after 30 days? I have 400iu left from September and hate to throw it out. I pay for my injectables OOP - that would be throwing out more $$ then I care to think about. I had to sit out a couple cycles due to many, many cysts from my first injectable cycle.

I'd check with your FS, but I think the stuff is good for 6 months as long as it was kept in the fridge? Double check with them at your Dr's office.

hi ali! I haven't been around here in a while, but I just wanted to wish you good luck this cycle.
It looks like I'll be heading for IVF in a few months as well.

hey mizuno....did your re recommend IVF?

alicatt - well hopefully I will have at least 6 weeks in order to get my meds also....thanks for the referral!

yeah, my RE's basically given up and is recommending IVF now. We're just basically taking a few months to figure out if we want to go that route.

hi ali! I haven't been around here in a while, but I just wanted to wish you good luck this cycle.
It looks like I'll be heading for IVF in a few months as well.

Thank you!!! Best of luck to you when you start your IVF cycle!! I am getting close to the egg retrieval, and then I'm in the 2WW! YAY!

Bonnotron, Hi how have you been? So are you back on the ttc train? Not sure how long the meds last for- I agree with Alicatt to check with your RE. Hope you can still use it!

Alicatt, when is your egg retrieval? Eeek! It's getting so close!

Mizuno, IVF is a lot to think about. Are you having to come out of pocket?

Hi Ladies!

I've not posted in this thread before but was hoping for some advice.

My last period started on the 9th November, I took Gonal-F from the 9th to the 18th. On the 19th I took the Ovitrell trigger.

I am currently CD26, 15DP Trigger, 13DPO.

This is my first cycle using Gonal-F.

Can anyone advise me when my period is likely to be due? I suspect tomorrow at 14DPO but not sure. I was advised to test 14 days after the trigger but I have held out as I don't want to see a BFN, I would rather find out I'm not pregnant by AF arriving. I'm just unsure about when it's early to test and when AF is late.

Any insight/advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. If this question has been asked before I apologise for the repetition, I didn't have the time to scroll through all the posts.

Good luck to everyone still trying.

welcome Princess! Are you doing IUI or TI? Good luck hun! Are you on progesterone supplements? If not, then it should come around 14 days past ovulation.....or 16 days after your trigger....please let us know what the outcome is....I hope you get your bfp!

My insurance will cover the drugs (at least it has for my IUIs) but I'm pretty sure it doesn't cover any procedures. My RE told us it would be between $7,000 and $9,000 (I'm in Canada). The money is only part of the hesitation. I'm scared of the drugs and procedures, but I'm mostly scared of disappointment if I invest all that time and money and get a BFN. I thought I saw you on another thread, are you doing IVF?

welcome Princess! Are you doing IUI or TI? Good luck hun! Are you on progesterone supplements? If not, then it should come around 14 days past ovulation.....or 16 days after your trigger....please let us know what the outcome is....I hope you get your bfp!

Not doing IUI and don't know what TI is. Lol.

Literally, Gonal-F, Ovitrell and LOTS of humping. No supplements either.

Think I may bite the bullet and test in the morning before hubby goes to work.

And thanks.

My insurance will cover the drugs (at least it has for my IUIs) but I'm pretty sure it doesn't cover any procedures. My RE told us it would be between $7,000 and $9,000 (I'm in Canada). The money is only part of the hesitation. I'm scared of the drugs and procedures, but I'm mostly scared of disappointment if I invest all that time and money and get a BFN. I thought I saw you on another thread, are you doing IVF?

No, I am not doing IVF (hopefully, I won't need to)- I'm currently doing Menopur Injections (FSH) with Clomid. But no meds this cycle due to cysts from last cycle (sucks!). Yes, all those drugs & procedures are VERY intimidating. But, after 2yrs now ttc- I think I'd do anything to become a mommy. I just suggest to educate yourself on IVF as much as you can so you know exactly what to expect if you end up going that route. I think I would go crazy (okay-crazier) if I did IVF and it didn't work out so I understand your point. Do you get more than 1 attempt at the same cost? Keep us updated either way!

Princess, GL with your testing tomorrow!

Mizuno - yeah i agree...the entire IVF process is a big and expensive step...my insurance does not cover anything so this will basically break us should we need to do it.

princess - LOL...humping is TI...(times intercourse).......good luck with your testing tomorrow.

:hi: ladies how are you all doing???

I know I'm not doing meds anymore at the moment but I thought I would pass through and see how you all are??

I managed to wait until I was 14dpo to take the test rather than 14dptrigger and tested this morning.

Negative on 10miu.

No sign on AF either.

Not sure what to do now.

Do I call and get the prescription for my next set of injections or do I wait and test again? Surely with ones that sensitive it would show up by now though? I don't know anyone who is pregnant to test them out (they are only cheapies of the internet) to make sure they work.

I've just read the all the review from the tests I bought and really wish I had read them before buying them. It appears that they aren't very reliable.

Of to the shops later I think.

Hi scerena - thanks for checking..its good to see you...I am not doing any fert drugs this cycle but I will be doing my 2nd iui next cycle....what are you going to be doing next?

princess - so sorry to hear that hun... my re's office told me that if I get a negative on 14dpo that I should probably say I am not pregnant. I do however test for another couple of days just to be on the safe side...but that is me. Can you just wait till af shows and when it does then go and order your next cycle of stuff? What does the RE recommend for you? Will you be doing IUI? Sorry again hun, you and I have been ttc for about the same amount of time and I to have never had a BFP...Once I try this last IUI in December I will be moving to IVF...as I am unexplained....well...let us know how it all turns out!

princess - so sorry to hear that hun... my re's office told me that if I get a negative on 14dpo that I should probably say I am not pregnant. I do however test for another couple of days just to be on the safe side...but that is me. Can you just wait till af shows and when it does then go and order your next cycle of stuff? What does the RE recommend for you? Will you be doing IUI? Sorry again hun, you and I have been ttc for about the same amount of time and I to have never had a BFP...Once I try this last IUI in December I will be moving to IVF...as I am unexplained....well...let us know how it all turns out!

I called the FS to check how I go out getting the next batch of injections and I was told what to do. She then asked how long ago I took the trigger shot and advised to test again on Monday if AF still hasn't showed.

I'm having six cycles of the injections and if they don't work it's IVF. The FS doesn't see the need for IUI and the such as hubby has 'super sperm' and the IUI won't really have any additional effect on our chances.

It is common, however, for the women in my family to not get a positive HPT until they are as late as 10 weeks. My cousin already had a large bump by nine weeks (carrys a ton of water) but wasn't till she was 10+3 that she got a positive. Lol. My Mum also didn't get positives until she was about 8 weeks with both pregnancies.

If I'm honest, I don't think I'm pregnant but I also don't think I'm getting AF if you know what I mean. So confusing.

ttc I am just trying naturally now until egg sharing (Ivf) next year, good luck with your iui :dust: hopefully you will get a surprise this cycle and not need the iui etc next cycle :dust:

princess fx'd you just get a late pregnancy test :) fx'd!!! You are so lucky having 6 rounds I was only allowed three! Gl :)

princess - Oh I see....would you consider just doing a hcg blood test then? That way you will know.

scerena - Oh i think I remember that now....well it is good to see you around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->