• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Got Boxers ?

oh yes shes a chewer! not through walls thankfully. however the "puppy room" no longer has a windowsill!!

lol its only now that bailey is 5 that we have been brave enough to repair all the damage and replace the skirtings and windowsills! so far so good, tho he likes to keep us on our toes and do the odd naughty thing from time to time!

Here is Maddy having a lazy Sunday :)

Maddy & Our staffy Lani
https://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/love2badiva2/091.jpg

Maddy snoozing
https://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/love2badiva2/092.jpg

And again :)
https://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/love2badiva2/095.jpg

Sorry they are so big x

OMG I soooo want one!
I have been pestering my oh for years to get a boxer but he says we need to wait untill we have a baby first.
I know hes right but I love them to bits! Love you pics!!

I did dog first then baby. I may be bias but they are fantastic with little people.

Well I keep saying this, they are ment to fantastic around kids.
They are quite expensive which I know wont go in my favour!
He has promised I can have one if we dont have a baby by next year. There are a lot of boxers near where we live as there is a good breeder not far from us.
I have always loved boxers, they are the most gorgeous dogs ever!

Right ladies, if you have a sensitive nose, these may not be the treats for you:

In a blender/mixer mix up
Tin of pilchards in tomato
2-3 cloves of garlic
2 eggs
glug of olive oil

When mixed up, add plain flour gradually until its like a cake mixture.

Spoon in to a microwavable dish and nuke on full power for about 12 minutes (this is where it starts to stink!!)

Cool, chop and let pooch enjoy

(I actually really like the smell and was tempted to have a nibble but havent!!!)

I was just reading through this and just wanted to make a note on the Garlic because not many people know can be toxic to dogs in larger amounts (anything from the onion family is, onions are more dangerous) It contains thiosulphate, which can cause the red blood cells to burst causing anemia in dogs amongst other things. But like I said onions are more of a problem, it would take a larger amount of garlic for it to happen, so that little treat should be ok, but I just wanted to make you aware cause I'd hate to see any dog get sick. :hugs:

Gah this just makes me want a boxer so much more haha. Husband wants one too but we gotta get our back yard fenced in first and this baby delivered. I don't think I could cope with puppy training and a newborn at the same time. I'd never get any sleep!

im going through the puppy phase right now and boy is it tough! i hope its like having kids... because we are definitely not having anymore! our biggest problem (other than the potty training, chewing, and hyperness) is our oldest pup now thinks he can get away with things that she tries. oh boy now were having to train both of them! it makes it all worth it in the end when they are pooped and so sweet!

oh by the way in addition to onions.. i heard that grapes are very poisonous to dogs as well! be careful what you feed them!!

How is everyone's boxer babies doing?

I am going to have to get a tiny tiny lump removed off of Storm... better to be safe then sorry.....

Awww suz where is his lump? Arni had one removed from his neck a couple of years ago now he has one on his gum that we have to monitor for one month. Vet is confident that it's not a nasty one but I'd be happier if we had tests after a month to be sure even if it hasn't changed. Boxers are so prone to lumps and bumps bless them.

:cloud9: maddi. So shiny I love her!

Well on Monday night a good friend of mine lost his boxer :( One minute it was happy playing then bam... it fell sick.. they took it to the vet and it had cancer all over (no signs ever) so they had to put him down... :(

We have been monitering a pee sized lump on one of Storms nubben (her extra nipple :rofl:) We had it tested 2 times and the results were inconclusive but the vet said it probably should be removed. So after the loss of my friends dog, Im going to have it done.

Tomorrow morning Storm goes in for surgery to have it removed then it will get sent off to be tested. Then we wait for the results. I just dont want to ever feel like I didnt do everything I could to keep my girls healthy....

Oh my God thats soooooo sad. Poor little boxer babies are so prone to the big C. A friend of mine lost hers suddenly as well, brain tumour. Diagnosis one minute, put to sleep the next. My poor friend was on holiday for her 30th birthday at the time.

Keep us posted on Storm Suz, I'm keeping everything crossed for you and Storm
XXX

Im a little nervous because she has to have surgery... but its like a 10 minute thing but they are keeping her all day.... :rofl: atleast I am not the bad guy. My Husband is taking her in while I get to be the good guy that picks her up :rofl:

hi guys,

just reading all your stories about your boxers! they are lovley! so sad about the cancer! i have a boxer, he is 1 year and a bit and he is the best! ive never met another dog as distructive as my Rocco, but i still love him, and i forgive him anthing! :rofl:..

i have no idea how to upload pictures, but i will try! i love to show him off!

great thread!
xx

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

have no idea if these will work!

Attachments

• 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 141.jpg
    141.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 485.jpg
    485.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 2
:hugs: Oh my gosh.... Rocco is a big cuttie!!!!!

thank you.. yes he is a big cuttie isnt he!!!

its amazing how much you can actually love your dog! and he is so good with the kids. hopefully he wont be too jealous when the new arrival comes, cause right now he is the baby of the family :rofl:

:lol: Im sure he will adjust just fine.....

OOOhh I just noticed that Rocco still has his tail!!! I love it..... Its so hard to find one here that still has its tail.... I love boxer tails!!!!! :hugs:

well Rocco is the only boxer i have seen here with his tail also! the breeder that i got him off refused to cut the tails, so i just think he is defo unique now anyway! i had him at the vet when he was a pup and the vet was so excited to see a boxer with a tail, he said in all his years working as a vet he had never seen one with a tail!!

he also said it was totally just cosmetic, and wud cause the dog great amounts of pain to doc it at any stage paast the first 3 days of birth!...so Rocco got to keep his tail! :rofl:

i think he is so cute with it, and i always know when he is happy cause i get a whack of his tail! :rofl:... i have to say tho, we get some funny looks while we are out walking!

Suz that's so the way to do it!!

Rocco is scrumptious!!

Someone said to me once that once you've had a boxer you'll never want anything else. Oh so true. As a kid we had a spaniel and then an alsation my boxers definitely have my heart

Oh and with little ones, boxers are fab. Arni was totally the baby before Cooper came along and he has adjusted perfectly. Couldn't have asked for better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->