got summit i didnt expect last night :):)

sorry have to say i find it very far fetched that your dog was showing signs of hunting. i have the 3 hardest dogs in 1, and never in the 6 months weve had him has he ever showed any signs of even hurting a fly. Hes around kids loads and never once tryed to hurt one.
If you didnt have time for bailey why did you get another one. fair enough your oh got you one but didnt he think wait we didnt have time for the last dog. best not get one.

i struggle to make time for my dog and it kills me knowing i have to cage him for hours aday just so i can afford things. but he gets every bit of attention i can give him.

lets hope this one gets more of your time.

im sorry any parent do feel free to shoot me down here but i work a 30 hour week and OH does more and i still make time to give my puppy every bit of attention he needs. I walk him in the dark if i have to.
How on earth did you not have time to pay your dog attention.i no you have kids but you must spend alot of your time at home. just being in the house and giving him a good brush or stroke is attention. alot of dogs dont ask for much just a cuddle and lots of kisses.

i always no waht i am gona get when i do a post .but yeah i will get some pics up later

and my pup did start hunting my millie and he was huge coz he had deerhound in him .the lad who got bailey of me said he cant keep hes son around bailey becuase he does not trust him

Thing is hun people did tell you Bailey would grow to be huge before you got him and you still got him anyway. I think you should reconsider keeping this dog, you didnt have time for Bailey, you can't just magic up some time for your new pup
x

i do have time now but with bailey being so big it was hard .paddy is small and will stay small so thats good i should of got a patterdale in the first place but im not going to make the same mistake twice .paddy is 14 weeks and lady who had him before me trained him to wee and poo outside but has the little odd accident now and then .he plasy with the kids fine dosent even nip them with hes teeth .he loves playing with the kids .even dainton said to me mammy he is really small better than bailey i said a no son

so just thought i would ad some pics of our new dog and many happy years with him .hes name is paddy

Attachments

• Photo-0004.jpg
    Photo-0004.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Photo-0005.jpg
    Photo-0005.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 38
Ok, well goodluck. I know I sound corny and cliche at this time of year, but remember a dog is for life...

Sometimes with dogs things just dont work out, i had a Rottie puppy once and i just couldnt handle him, i spent months trying to toilet train him, he was SO disobedient, no amount of training classes made any difference so i had to rehome him ... yet i've raised 3 other Rotties with no problem at all.

I hope you get on better with this dog and dont have any problems like last time :)

Sometimes with dogs things just dont work out, i had a Rottie puppy once and i just couldnt handle him, i spent months trying to toilet train him, he was SO disobedient, no amount of training classes made any difference so i had to rehome him ... yet i've raised 3 other Rotties with no problem at all.

I hope you get on better with this dog and dont have any problems like last time :)

yeah thats what i mean hun we had sasha for years and years she was our old lady lol .she wetn everywere with me even to school once and i got sent home :haha:she use to sleep in my bed with me when i was younger .then she died and soon after i got bailey and everthing went upside with in weeks .now i have naother patterdale and what a lovely dog .he will sit stay listen and the lady who had him lernt him to wee outdie and poo so thats briliant the kids are very playfull with him hes our litle joy .the lady who sold mark the pup said she has a bullmastiff and its 8 years old but couldnt keep the pup we got off her becuse her bullmastif bit him and scared hes head you cant see it untill u hold hes fur back she had to lock them in seprate rooms becuase if the mastiff got him it would eat him so she thought it was best for him to go .i have sent her pics to show that hes ok and in a nice home she said thanks i didnt expect you to i said well mark said we shud beucase he said she was heart broken

You will need a new siggy now hun, get a pic of your pup in there :lol:
xxx

Gorgeous puppy!

I can totally sympathise with your reasons for rehoming Bailey, we had a puppy, regretably got him when I was pregnant as my husbands friend couldn't keep him, he was a nightmare, didn't listen to a word we said, drove me to the point of almost having a breakdown and leaving home, we rehomed him to a couple who could give him more time, that doesn't mean to say I didn't have time for him, just not enough of the time he needed. We have one dog now Jess, she absolutely stinks, she has the most disgusting smelling trumps ever, she's miserable and grumpy most of the time but I love her to bits, yes she tests my patience sometimes but she's a very much loved part of our family (I often joke she means more to me than hubby and sometimes I mean it lol!) You have a dog for a long long time and if you don't gel then sometimes its better for everyone to rehome, you can research and research a breed but all dogs are different.

Good luck with Paddy, he looks like a little old man, keep posting photos!

I'm sorry things didn't work out with Bailey, I hope Paddy is better for you and I'm glad Bailey has a new nice home x

I'm not personally attacking FTM, i just think personally that it was wrong to get another dog so soon after rehoming Bailey, especially after another thread stated she had no time for bailey, i don't see why size made a difference they all need exercise and training.

This is something i am passionate about, my dog bit my son, and some will say i am mad to keep her, but when i took her on it was a big decision and i wasn;t about to turn her world back upside down by sending her back to be rehomed. We worked through her issues and they are ongoing, and will continue so.

I'm one of the 'dog IS for life' people sorry.

.the lad who got bailey of me said he cant keep hes son around bailey becuase he does not trust him

Why on earth did that guy take Bailey then if he fears for his son's safety? Seems to me a bit irresponsible of him!

i have just found out the lad who bought bailey has sold him now i asked why he said too aggresive so it wasnt just me who thought and new it

yeah melbo gona see pinksnowball to re do my sig

i have just found out the lad who bought bailey has sold him now i asked why he said too aggresive so it wasnt just me who thought and new it

Poor Bailey :cry:

Good luck with your new dog, Paddy is CUTE!!!!

Poor Bailey :cry:

Good luck with your new dog, Paddy is CUTE!!!!

when the lad got bailey of me he said i am never selling him sent me a message on facebook and said leanne i had to get rid of him he found out bailey was lurcher x staffy x deerhound al mix in

and thanks hun he is cute :kiss:

i feel really sorry for bailey.

if a dogs aggresive you take it training, if you dont have time for a dog you just dont get one :shrug: and what difference does it matter what breed/breeds the dog is :shrug:

and puppys sometimes are looked at as aggresive but there just being a puppy and its all part of learning and you teach them that its a no no ect

I give up with dog owners who pass on the problem to someone else so fast and these poor dogs go from home to home to home.

No Offence to you FTM just saying my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->