got summit i didnt expect last night :):)

fulltimemum

Reaction score
well girls as yous no i had to put bailey ina new home as he grew really big and was showing hunting sings 2 wrads the kids that was some weeks back now .well last night kept asking me what time were going to bed i said 6.30 or 7 why he said no reason i have always wanted a patterdale pup and he got me one he is lovely.i said to mark how did u get him he said i saved up for you coz i no you love patterdales so hes small and wont grow mutch bigger as qwe no this as our dog sasha who died few months back was a patterdale and i adored her so mutch xx

Hi hun, not seen you for a while. Glad you like your new puppy but do you know that patterdales are also working dogs and they also have a strong sense of hunting down prey? They're dogs that require A LOT of work, exercise, attention and training.

oh wow you seem to of had a lot of different dogs this year..

not must to add really just agree with blah...

oh wow you seem to of had a lot of different dogs this year..

not must to add really just agree with blah...

diffrent dog i had my patterdale for 17 years and she died then i got bailey very soon after she died witch was a mistake but he is in a good home.now mark got me antoehr patterdale im not the rspca ya no :dohh:

and blah yeah i do no hun i am very good with patterdales any terriers really

what does apatterdale look like

Sorry but you openly admitted in another thread that you didnt have time for Bailey so you rehomed him, and now you have another dog?

The issues you had with bailey could have been sorted with training, but you could end up with the same issues with another dog... you have to HAVE the time to train, and look after a dog.

I know i may sound harsh, but have had to deal with dog being rehomed and rehomed and rehomed, even put to sleep because people didn't think things through properly or got the wrong breed.. patterdales can be high maintenance too especially puppies.

sorry but i agree with hyponorm, history is going to repeat itself.

my mum has a patterdale and its crackers

ive refused to get a dog as i dont have the time for one and think it would be unfair and for u to have just rehomed adog just to get another doesnt seem fair to me all dogs need alot of time a patience :(

i think people should be a little less harsh to her as she said her other dog seems to be summing up her child as dinner i would of rehomed him too i would never take a chance where my kids are concern and yes i would of got another dog to replace the one i gave up. there is no way you can train a dog that looks like he might turn vicious toward your child i would never even want to try and take the risk because thats what your putting your self as.

bailey is now in a loving home its not like she abandoned him on the street like so many people do and then they end up in a shelter for months sometimes years.

good luck with your new dog and i hope he brings you a lot of fun i would love to see a pic of him x

Have to say, fulltimemum didn't get the dog, it was her OH, so technically not her choice...
Stop attacking people, she's had plenty of experience with this type of dog and so has her OH so they obviously know it'll be suitable. (From what I gather the one who passed away, they had for 17 years)

Getting sick of people attacking other people on forums when they think they know best:shrug:

Have to say, fulltimemum didn't get the dog, it was her OH, so technically not her choice...
Stop attacking people, she's had plenty of experience with this type of dog and so has her OH so they obviously know it'll be suitable. (From what I gather the one who passed away, they had for 17 years)

Getting sick of people attacking other people on forums when they think they know best:shrug:

agree :thumbup:

no-ones attacking anyone simply saying is it really that good of an idea.

you dont rehome a dog because you havent got time only to go get another.

if my oh walked through the door with some random puppy he'd be walking straight back out the way he came. a dog is huge responsibility its up to the whole family not one person, this is why there are rescue centres overwhelmed with unwanted dogs :shrug: you not agree with that then?

and sorry with all of 1 month of being a member on this forum isnt like that at all.

if my oh walked through the door with some random puppy he'd be walking straight back out the way he came. a dog is huge responsibility its up to the whole family not one person, this is why there are rescue centres overwhelmed with unwanted dogs :shrug: you not agree with that then?

and sorry with all of 1 month of being a member on this forum isnt like that at all.

been on this forum a LONG time just never bothered to make an account.

and surely everyones entitled to their opinion....?

exactly,
people are only concerned about another animal being rehomed and asky why would you put yourself though it again:wacko::wacko:

exactly,
people are only concerned about another animal being rehomed and asky why would you put yourself though it again:wacko::wacko:

each to their own i guess?
hope it gets the attention it deserves, they are adorable dogs:thumbup:

Oh my god what is with all the negativity on the forum lately.... chill out ladies lol

Hope your new puppy is more suitable for your family, u devoted 17 years to one dog already so im more than confident u will do the same with this new puppy. Wouldlove to see pictures too hunny xxx

You mean you have been a guest here up until recently ? bcos of another thread i will say it doesnt matter if u have been here 2mins or 20 yrs we are all equal and enititled to our own opinions ...and helen as hers
.........................................................................................

Mine is I wouldnt of rushed into it but she her oh got it and maybe she dont wanna upset him also its a breed she knows so maybe just maybe she will prove u wrong and the dog will become a long standing part of her family ...
having said that FTM please do not come here moaning u cant cope as i dont think many will be given much sympathy

well after weeks of trying with bailey i found it to hard and gave him to a really good home with one on one attention :cry:i no its my fault thinking i could handle 3 kids plus a puppy but glad hes got one on one now so they have the time he needs .we never miss treat bailey so that wasnt the issue just i didnt have the time for him witch i thoight was very unfair :(

well girls as yous no i had to put bailey ina new home as he grew really big and was showing hunting sings 2 wrads the kids that was some weeks back now.

I understand your OH got you the puppy ... but I think this is a fair question .. which reason is it? Or are you just now changing your reason to justify keeping the puppy?

I don't think anyone is attacking her. This is a public forum. If you give one reason for giving up a dog and then a week later come on jumping all happy around that you have a new puppy, people have every right to ask questions. This is a forum with many personalities and thoughts on different subjects and if you don't want comments or opinions on something, don't post about it.

People can just see history repeating its self and are worried and that is a fair view they are entitled to.

Animal care are always gonna be sensitive subjects. For one reason or another it always seems to be FTM that is the middle of this kind of post and gets it in the neck ..

I really hope you're prepared and are willing to put in the proper training with this puppy. Hoping it works out for you. Now hurry up and post some pictures!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->