Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

Huge congrats Cormacks! And speaking of huge, holy crap that's a healthy weight! Amazing! There is a girl in an August group on Facebook that gave birth without pain meds to an 11lb 3oz girl :shock: You ladies are champs!

Huge congrats Cormacks! And speaking of huge, holy crap that's a healthy weight! Amazing! There is a girl in an August group on Facebook that gave birth without pain meds to an 11lb 3oz girl :shock: You ladies are champs!

11lb3oz Holly crap:wacko: that lady gets my full respect!:thumbup:

Congrats Cormack! I'm hoping to only use gas and air as well! Wishing you a speedy recovery xx

Congratulations, Cormacks! :flower: Enjoy your beautiful, chunky little one. The rest of us will be joining you soon :thumbup:

Having contractions all day: 4-10 minutes apart this morning through afternoon, picked up a couple of times with walking and slowed down with a nap, now 3-4 minutes apart in late evening. Still haven't gotten to what I would describe as "intense" so no intention of going to the hospital yet, but it seems like this has been going on for a long time so that's promising. Maybe something is really happening :happydance:

May not be back on for a while if things keep going or pick up, so maybe I'll be joining you all from the other side before long. Will try to update tomorrow if things taper off. Wish me luck!

Congrats Cormacks!!!

Good luck deductivemom-hoping this is it for you :)

I have been having menstrual type cramping off and on for about 2 weeks, it was more intense last night and woke me up this morning.
Waiting for some type of contractions-although my biggest concern is not knowing what they feel like....my dr keeps asking me if I have had any and I have said no-at least I don't think so :wacko: I have had a couple times within the last few days that it feels like my abdominal muscles get really tight-but it almost just feels like the baby is stretching and pushing on me......it's hard to tell.

I have heard they can be different for everyone, but would anyone that has been through this before be willing to share what their contractions felt like???

Contractions continued throughout the morning today but then started spacing out and have finally pretty much stopped (besides the occasional Braxton Hicks I've been having for weeks now 2-3 times per hour). Guess I'm experiencing that lovely "pre-labor" that I've read about. Didn't sleep too well last night, so hoping I can at least get a good night sleep tonight. And unfortunately looks like I'll be back to work tomorrow instead of getting to meet my new baby :nope: Could still be any time now.

Oh well, I guess this all means that my body is getting ready and seems like it is prepared to labor (although maybe not as efficiently as I had hoped!).

Down to single digits! 9 days (or less) to go but seems like the lil guy is content as can be in there...

Still pregnant, here :coffee: How's everyone else doing?

I have my 40-week appointment and a biophysical profile on Thursday (although fingers crossed I won't need to keep it!). If I am still not in labor by then, I will get to see baby girl on ultrasound for the first time since 19 weeks, so that's kindof exciting :happydance: Plus both grandmothers will be able to be there too.

Still pregnant here as well :coffee: I'm officially the most pregnant I've ever been. Had DD at this stage - 38+6 - but I guess this guy wants to have his own time. Feeling really good, actually, just getting a bit impatient as I really want to share this baby with OH! He's super anxious and has been waiting so long to see and snuggle his very first child. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow and hoping for some kind of news.

Deductive that's so awesome you will get an ultrasound! I'm not exactly sure what my doctor's protocol for being overdue is. At my last appointment he did say he allows patients to go to 41 weeks, then something about tests and such :shrug: It seems like we are SO CLOSE yet so far away. The days draaaaaag on...

I'm still pregnant too lol. At my appt yesterday I was STILL at 1cm and 80% effaced so the midwife offered to do a sweep. She said she couldn't do a "good one" because I'm not dilated much. Woke up this morning in terrible pain with cramping in my back and belly and vomiting. I honestly thought that was it but then it all stopped after a few hours. What a tease! Idk if that was from the sweep or what but it was miserable!

She said next week they will do another sweep. Then at 41 weeks I will get some kind of herbal rx to start labor as well as some type of suppository that is inserted at the hospital and then you are sent home. If I am very unfortunate and make it to 42 weeks I will be forced to go to the hospital to be induced and won't get my birth center birth :( I hope that doesn't happen.

So close but so far away is right!

Just checking to see if there is any new arrivals! Still thinking of you ladies!xxx

Sorry to hear about the unpleasant reaction to the membrane sweep, macy! I am hoping I won't need them to do one for me, although I'd rather try that before a hospital induction for sure. Hoping your little one decides to arrive before you have to go through all that :hugs:

AFM, got a bad stomach ache yesterday afternoon that has slowly morphed into back pain and contractions during the night. Kindof hard to time them because of the back pain which is continual, but they seem to be 10 minutes apart or so. Enjoying the heating pad and going about my daily routine - could be more practice or could be the start of something. Fingers crossed! Today is her EDD based on start of last period.

39 weeks today!

kWbTxQqElCFMVJkgbAVIODJqrfgjP6tSKiQBMUGyCyM=w287-h667-no
iTlDcBZI3-KZFrEB4fPoZgFaE7bcvw0HXK5gl6a0edI=s667-no

Feeling really good, actually. Anxious for my appointment this afternoon but not holding my breath. I'm sure the doctor will say nothing's changed since last week. I really hope I won't have to be induced :sad1: I like the thrill of not knowing when or where I will go into labor and would prefer it to happen on its own... but, however it happens is how it will be. Nothing I can do about it and as long as Cameron is healthy and I'm OK it will be just fine! My bag is packed, house is remaining clean with the help of my amazing little family and my mother and I just feel ready for this :bodyb: OH and I decided to DTD last night to possibly kind of help things along (and also, well, because we felt the urge :blush:) and it resulted in me running to the toilet numerous times with explosive diarrhea :dohh: Talk about getting the sh*t f*cked outta you :rofl:

Okay, officially experiencing the "prodromal" or "prelabor" labor pattern here. It's kindof a bummer :dohh: This time had fairly regular contractions (now with back pain) for about 18 hours before everything came to a halt. I felt baby doing some crazy acrobatics right before contractions stopped, so maybe she has finally settled into a more optimal position. Wonder how long it will be before contractions start up again, and whether next time will be "it" or if this will go on for quite a while still?

I've been having frequent BH as of late and quite a few today, as I've been tracking them just for the heck of it. 10 so far since this morning. Nothing really painful but muscle tense up and tighten, sometimes with sharp zings and cramping.

Any updates, anyone? I am more than 24 hours into another bout of pre-labor. Not optimistic that this one will suddenly turn into the real thing, but who knows. I had a 40-week ultrasound yesterday to see how she's doing in there - seems everything is great and she is quite happy hanging out in her womb. Plenty of amniotic fluid, moving and heartbeat and blood flow all look good. They did measure her at 9lbs, 11oz (yikes!) but I feel like that was an exaggerated measurement. She certainly doesn't FEEL that big to me, and I know those estimates can be pretty off. I'll be very interested to see when she chooses to arrive and how much of a chunk she is when she does get here :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->