Grandparents buying Xmas presents

I've put a limit on it cos I didn't want my house full if rubbish, they've settled on a high chair!

Lol sounds like a good plan! She's already bought most of the stuff now though x

My inlaws went absolutely mad buying gifts for Harvey last year. They did keep most of them at their house though so he has toys to play with when he's there so it worked out well. I was quite crafty and made sure the quiet toys came to our house and the really noisy ones went to theirs :haha:

Have the same issue the Amount of times I have had to hVe words with mil is unreal my issue is I doing want my LO to think christmas at their house is better than at home and to begin with she just didn't listen it took me losing my temper and tears to get her to listen and I still get snide comments like better not look at them toys don't wanna get shouted at aarrgghh

To be fair it's there 1st grandchild but I don't want him spoilt withmaterial things I'd rather start some new traditions that he only does with them and they can spoil him with attention and love

My parents go crazy and i let them. They are thrilled and excited to see LO and I just couldn't tell them not to spoil her when they hardly get to see her as it is. My mother loves shopping for LO and would be heartbroken and really, was does it hurt? So yes they will probably get out of hand.. They are so excited because we are staying at their home for the holidays so they have many many things planned and i can not wait!!!! I love being with my family, we have so much fun together! LO just better not have more presents them me!! LOL!

We've told everyone not to go crazy and MIL promises she hasn't - but her definiton and ours are probably miles apart lol. I've learnt to just accept and be grateful, because no amount of "oh you shouldn't have" will stop her treating her grandkids - or me for that matter (I get treated more than Steve lmao).

My folks have spent over 250 at the moment and they bought the piano step and play I think it's called instead of a jumparoo!

I don't think there should be a limit, this year my folks got the money to spend but next ur they might not and she might only get 50!

My mum n dad has always said they will spend it while they got it and they enjoy it!

Most the presents will come here and she will open them and we will visit them later in the day!

My inlaws went absolutely mad buying gifts for Harvey last year. They did keep most of them at their house though so he has toys to play with when he's there so it worked out well. I was quite crafty and made sure the quiet toys came to our house and the really noisy ones went to theirs :haha:

Tattie does that too :haha:

I bought loads of stuff for Kaylum last year and I'm planning on buying lots for both of them this year too ... I do consult with Tattie about what they need/she wants though and like CLH I just pass them over for Tattie to have under her own tree and they are just labelled with a name (ie no 'from') :thumbup:

To be honest I still buy loads for my grown kids and their OHs too ... and they all still get stockings (including the OHs) :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->