Had 12 week scan today, guessing a boy based on nub theory

I'm in my tww 13 days to go I have 4 boys hoping the next pregnancy is a girl with my ex I was losing weight hardly any meat and still boys now dh is a meat eater and again we got 2 boys so really praying it's a girl this time so I can retire having babies and just enjoy them :)

I'm going to look into olive leaf extract :)

I hope you get your girl. Some times all it takes is to have another baby. Eventually the odds have to be in your favour. But when you only have 1 chance left it becomes so important. I need to feel I've done something so that if I do have to face life with out a daughter I can say I gave it my best shot.

From everything I read, timing really is a horrible swaying factor and doing cut-offs (only dtd 2-3 prior to ovulation) really decreases your chances of getting pregnant at all (I tried for 4 months unsucessfully that way). I really have faith in the moon phases and signs as well as the use of negative ions. I think those things in my favor, along with the supplements and diet change were the biggest factors for me as when I conceived my boys, those things were all favoring boys whereas this time they all favored girl. Again, could totally be chance but it didn't hurt anything for me to try :)

I mentioned taking supplements to my husband and he was like "what for?" and I told him and he said "ok". So I guess if I made him take it every night he would. I honestly wish we didnt have to go through so much trouble though because everyone in my family were able to conceive at least 1 girl if not all girls without giving it any thought. On my side of the family, my grandma only decided on one child and that was my mom. My mom has 4 girls and 2 boys. On my husband's side his mom has 2 boys 1 girls, his aunt has 1 boy 1 girl, and another aunt has all 3 girls. So I was assuming having girls naturally would be in our favor. Maybe its not genetic after all?

have any of you been testing your ph balance? I believe that plays a big role. I got yeast infections a lot (sorry tmi) and would have to take the little ph test strips to see if it was in fact a vaginal infection or not and it would always reveal a very acidic vaginal environment. so it does not surprise me that I make girls so easily. girl sperm has an advantage in acidic vaginal environments as the acidity of the environment kills off the not-as-strong male sperm. Male sperm have advantages in the alkaline based vaginal environments as it isn't being killed off and swims faster than the girl sperm. It has been scientifically studied and shows a fairly probable increase when swaying for one or the other. There are diets that can help alter your ph if you want a girl. and ph balancers and diets if you want a boy. Personally I would also time conception along with this method to really increase my shots. Some people say timing has nothing to do with it and I am evidence it really doesn't because both of mine were conceived at different times. HOWEVER, how would timing help at all with an acidic environment killing off the male sperm? Is it bad that with a second girl most likely on her way (& im thrilled about it) I am already excited to try again and see if I get my boy????

cnsweeny - did you buy the test strips online? It really doesnt hurt to try. So I am going to do all that I can after this one to get my girl. I am only limited to 4 children so I am hoping my last 2 will be girls to even it out, if not I am hoping for at least 1 girl.

cnsweeny - did you buy the test strips online? It really doesnt hurt to try. So I am going to do all that I can after this one to get my girl. I am only limited to 4 children so I am hoping my last 2 will be girls to even it out, if not I am hoping for at least 1 girl.

no I bought them at the drugstore. they are fairly inexpensive but can also be purchased online. I am with ya! I think 4 is our limit too. but I am opposite of you..i have the girls you have the boys:haha: I wish people could just exchange their girl making genes and boy making genes hahaha. if only it were that easy.

look up the diets online to increase vaginal acidity. :) hope you get your girl !

lol thanks cnsweeny! Almost 24 weeks pregnant with my second boy right now so it'll probably be awhile til I try for a girl...maybe in the summer of 2015 or a little sooner. It would be nice if all of us could keep in touch to find out if our swaying was successful.

I'm always thinking ahead to the next pregnancy, even when I'm happy with the gender. If ds4 had been a girl I still was going to go for a 5th and kept wondering if we'd end up having 3ds and 2dds or 3ds 1dd then another ds. I liked the idea of being able to have 1 more boy after a girl.
I have only ever had 2 yeast infections and both were during ttc number 4. I actually had one around the time I conceived. It started the day after dtd so I had hoped my ph had already changed before hand to give the yeast infection time to take hold.
I would really recommend reading up loads before a sway attempt because I gave myself hope last time when I discovered the swaying info just after a bfp. I saw the ph thing, then saw skip breakfast which I had been doing and low nutrient diet and wasn't eating great and thought I had a chance, but didn't realise that akthough I had low nutrients I had very high calories and high day and was snacking all day so my blood sugar wasn't dropping off again.

Dh said again last night about 2 more, and when I didn't comment he said "or 3" and when I was like "whaaat?" He said you can have as many as makes you happy, but more boys won't make you happy will they? But the thing is I love being pregnant, having babies and being a mum. I wanted 6 or 8 but we said sensibly 5 was the limit.

I will say that although I'm not going to bother with the Chinese charts because they have been 50/50 for me (right, wrong, wrong, right) and I don't want to be obsessing over new moons and such because I know that drives my testosterone up, I will be trying some old wife's tales, so I can sort of let go of some of the control. I am the type of person who writes lists and worries over everything especially things I can't control. I wanted to include every single sway tactic but after much reading I realise this is my obsessive nature taking over and could actually be the reason a sway might fail. So I've got myself a rose quarts necklace, and some pink ribbon to tie round a wooden spoon to keep under the bed. There's also one about keeping a girls outfit under the bed but I can not being myself to buy one knowing it may never be worn. I'll also write a letter to my future daughter to keep under the bed.
I know these things are old wife's tales and in actual fact the acts themselves can't possibly sway, but the point is to realise I can't control everything and to put some faith into something else and learn to just relax. Even down to the fact that last time I'd spend the whole day walking round praying in my head "pleeease please just let me be pregnant this month, let it be a girl. I neeeeed a healthy baby girl"

I guess it's all up to personality. With my second son, I gently tried to sway and then when they told me he was a boy, I was devastated that I didn't try everything I could have and just left most of it to chance. I distinctly remember thinking, "What would it have hurt me to just give it my all for a few months whether I believed in all the moon signs, diet changes, etc or not???". I've read over and over again on forums women saying they didn't really take it seriously and now regretted it 2,3 and 4 boys or girls later. I guess after my two boys, knowing it was my third and last I wasn't going down without knowing I at least tried it all! lol

I gently tried swaying this time too. Such as sexual positioning and avoiding acidic drinks and stuff . & my plan was to only dtd on ovulation day I was too desperate and impatient to get a bfp that we dtd every day so that could have swayed girl not boy . Who knows but next time I will be doing everything that's logical. I don't wanna be a crazy person relying on chinese calendars and full moons . I try to think more logically and scientifically . I don't want to waste time and energy on pointless things and stress myself out because that's not good for ttc any baby! I'd rather focus on timing of intercourse,diet, pH,& positioning . & getting dh to make a couple changes to his diet as well as abstaining from sex for 48 hrs before dtd . these all have scientific research to back it up so if they all combined do not work for me than I can at least know we tried our hardest!

Motherofboys you and dh must love having kids! I don't think I can handle anymore than 4 moneywise and also if I wanna keep my sanity.

Yea I guess there's nothing to lose by trying all the methods I'm just still frustrated over the thought how everyone in my family were able to get different genders without putting any effort into it.

I already have 4 boys and 2 were born full term in the same year we dtd everyday anyways but wtv we have will be a blessing just hope it's a girl this time

When we started trying for ds1 I chose 6 names, 3 girls and 3 boys and those were going to be the names we used. I never dreamed I'd use all the boys names and need more while the girls names were left behind lol now I don't even remember what the 2nd and 3rd girls were going to be and the 1st girls name I can't use as it's almost exactly the same as my youngest boy. (He is Seth, she would gave been Beth)
I do think personality plays a part. I know I would obsess. I had already started obsessing and I just said no, no more. Set a plan. Leave it at that unless some startling new piece of evidence comes to light that has really good results. I've chosen the parts which get the best results on the site I mentioned. And have to remember that I'm tipping the balance, evening my odds. I'm preparing for a boy before I'm even officially ttc.

There are some people I look at and can say yeah I can see how you got your family make up. A few people I even wonder if they actually swayed. I know a mum at school had 2 boys, then she was out running every day and on diets and got a girl. Another I know had a boy, followed closely by a girl when she was trying to lose baby weight through diet and exercise, then another girl. 6 years later she has another boy and once again while trying her hardest to lose baby weight she falls pregnant and gets a girl.

My mom was on a diet lost 20+ lbs and she conceived my little sister. It was am accident not even trying based on her age. Before my sister she had my 2 brothers and before them it was 3 girls and a miscarriage. So it's girl, boy (mc), girl, girl, boy, boy, girl. She almost has an even number of both genders. I asked her what she did and she said nothing and I totally believe her based on her personality. She just goes with the flow.

It's funny you guys say that because I was dieting this time .. Well not really a diet but def started eating a lot healthier and pretty sure this ones a girl lol. But with my last one I was 18 when I conceived so my diet consisted of fast food , frozen meals, & alcohol . Haha! Sorry but it's the truth .
So not sure the truth behind that one either . I wish we just had clearcut answers to all of this gender swaying stuff !

Cnsweeny, did you confirm the gender yet? I wish I could take a relaxed approach and not care too much but I only have 2 more tries!

I know my mom was semi starving when she conceived me because she lived in a poor country only skin and bones. She was also skinny when she conceived my 2 sisters but was chubby when she conceived my 2 brothers lol I don't know what I'm trying to point out anymore. Just trying to throw things out there.

No I haven't confirmed yet but will be seriously shocked if they tell me it's a boy because I saw a vagina on the screen lol. But we are having a gender reveal so I don't wanna ruin it by claiming to know already . I have gained a considerable amount of weight since my last daughter . Was 140 when I got pregnant with her. Gained 35 lbs with her so that put me at 175 by the end. I lost 15lbs so that was 160. Then over the past 5 yrs I've fluctuated between 160 & 175. So depressing not being the size I used to be but I am determined to get back to it after this baby . I was just lazy last time lol. Anyways the point of that spew was I would think my current body type would favor a boy because I eat more often and have extra weight. I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to it this time around . Or last time for that matter . I think for me it's just chance and dh's sperm happened to let the girl reach the finish line first haha. We can't always change what's meant to be . So I'm just assuming I was meant to have another girl . Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->