Had a british couple in at my work yesterday

I'd say nought too.

I think we use it in that sense because we generally tend to use it when counting e.g on a scale of nought to 10 and so it's just more natural to us to say nought to three. That's why we'd still say size zero and not size nought (which sounds quite silly lol)

This exactly!

I have never said naught before would be zero -3 im in scotland though

I also say nought to three x

I'd say nought too.

I think we use it in that sense because we generally tend to use it when counting e.g on a scale of nought to 10 and so it's just more natural to us to say nought to three. That's why we'd still say size zero and not size nought (which sounds quite silly lol)

This exactly!

Same here and if I were saying a phone number I would also say oh instead of zero, like a pp mentioned.

I say naught to 3. Where are you from OP? X

I didn't realize there were so many differences! :) I have never even heard of naught to 3 until yesterday :mrgreen:

I'm pretty sure I say 'naught' too...now I think about it, I'm not sure!

I say naught, don't think it's just a UK thing though I did live there for a few years and my OH is English so I use more British slang. But our baby sizes are come in 0000, 000, 00, 0, 1, 2 etc. We say triple oh, four oh :flower:

I can't think of anyone I know who uses naught up here the more I think about it. Really rare.

I'm scottish and say zero to three too, I never ever use the word naught!

I'd say nought too.

Yep this. It's the only time I use "nought" for zero, but zero-3 sounds odd to me!

I say naught to three too. but if im giving my telephone number or something like that I will say zero

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->