Has anybody bought anything yet?

xprincessx

Mum to 5 beauties <3
Reaction score
Feeling a little crazy here lol

Me and OH saw an amazing highchair that RRP at £130 selling for £15 in our local charity shop in PRISTINE condition and yesterday he said to me if it was still there then to buy it!

We aren't trying til July and even then it will be a long time before it's used but I couldn't pass up that kind of offer.

Has anybody else been brave enough to buy anything? I hope I haven't jinxed it by doing so! lol

Dh won't let me buy anything yet but he has let me start knitting.I think he is a but superstitious about buying anything before we even try.We will ttc in Jan

I'm knitting like a woman possessed... And I also bought 20 cloth nappies for $100. They are brand new, with inserts, multi-size and beautiful... so I bought them. Usually that would have cost me hundreds of dollars, and using cloth will save me thousands in the long run as our laundry runs on tank water... so it was too good an opportunity to pass up. If we end up not needing (God forbid) then I can always regift.

Basically anything small enough that OH won't notice..!

I've bought a few oneies, diapers and socks. :blush:

Oh I would totally buy that if I were you. I am such a bargain shopper that I buy things I may not need for a while if they are mega discounted. You never know what will be available and for what price when you do need it. That's the fun thing about thrift shopping :)

The only thing I have purchased are two greeting cards. They have really colorful ponies on them and I want to frame them for the babies room <3

don't think OH would be keen. that's a bargain tho I think I will wait until I am pregnant.

I bought a few (OK quite a few :haha:) things whilst WTT for my 1st. It helped to keep the baby fever from taking over too much. I didn't really tell DH about it as I didn't want to freak him out lol. I'm glad I did it because I got some fab bargains and it feels really special to dress my LO's in the clothes I bought and dreamt about seeing them in one day :)

We have only purchased one onesie (sesame street, that could work for both genders), and a baby care kit, with nail clippers, baby combs, medicine dispenser, etc. A local Sears store was closing and I wanted something related to baby, so that's what we got.

Just some books (his idea :D) and a Sleeping Beauty piggy bank. Husband is Disney-obsessed, so I think I am going to buy some baby mouse ears for when we conceive. I'll give them to him as the announcement lol. We have wedding ears from when we went on our honeymoon to Disneyworld, so I think we will then take a picture of all three ears as the announcement to everyone else.

Yep! We have bought a small wooden crib and the tippee tippee perfect prep (OH made me buy this)

we've actually gone to nearly new sales, and if we see a bargain we get it like the other day there was this awesome sand/water play thing so we bought it , bath toys , vests, booties. luckily the DF is on board with me buying whatever I want will be ttc some point in 2015

So far I have contained myself to only stocking up on FRER's and digitals when I visited the US (half the price of them here!). I also scored some super cheap mat pants too. We plan to TTC in June/July.

I bought some baby clothes the other day in the sale with the intention of giving them to SIL who is due in October. But we're going to start trying in July so I said to dh I think we should keep hold of them for now. If we get pregnant quickly and are expecting by the time SIL has baby we keep them. If not we'll give her them.

I have started nursery planning for our very small nursery. I've bought an area rug that will have to be cut down a bit. I also found perfect gender neutral grey and yellow bedding that I loved. I figured it's pretty seasonal since it's from target so I bought it on sale. I will hold off on most else because I know I will get a lot from a baby shower once I actually am preggo. I'm staying gender neutral for everything obviously because I have no clue what I will have but also because I hate cramming girls in pink and boys in blue. I will say though now that I have bought a few things waiting TTC until December will be even harder :shrug:

We're planning on TTC now in June, and I'd love to buy something. But I'm too scared to jinx anything...

Maybe I'll buy something soon anyway. ;) OH has told me it's ok to buy a few things before we start. :)

Dh won't let me buy anything yet but he has let me start knitting.I think he is a but superstitious about buying anything before we even try.We will ttc in Jan

I was just going to say this same thing! haha but I don't knit..

I saw this morning in the toys r us flyer that all strollers are on sale at babies r us. I'm not sure how long the sale is though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->