Has anyone got their going home outfit yet?

Wel ill either be going home in some nice cosy pjs :D and slippers haha :D
or
itll be joggers depends i spose but after hospital i think ill be going straight home so it wouldnt matter aslong as your comfy :D then if you need to change do it when your at home :)
x

Yummy Mummy guidebook says we need to try and look lovely even if we dont feel it as we will feel better, it recommends some mascarra and lippy and powder in hospital bag and a hairbrush and something nice to wear, i am thinking nice black trousers and an easy access pretty shirt :)

Yummy Mummy guidebook says we need to try and look lovely even if we dont feel it as we will feel better, it recommends some mascarra and lippy and powder in hospital bag and a hairbrush and something nice to wear, i am thinking nice black trousers and an easy access pretty shirt :)

:wacko: I might get as far as the hairbrush.....maybe :wacko:

I don't think I'll be a very yummy mummy!! :shrug: hehe x

Oh dear - this never even crossed my mind... Hmmm definitely something loose, probably over leggings.

I will definatly not be a Yummy Mummy... I havn't worn mascara in years anyway!

Perhaps I'll be a Yucky Mucky Mummy instead...

I think I will wear my sweat pants and a tshirt.

mascara? Lippy? Powder?

Blimey.. I don't wear them now unless actually going out out somewhere special!!

I'll brush my hair, I can promise that! lol

Fleece Pajama pants and a sweatshirt :lol:
I'll be having a c-section so anything else will hurt too much, and really I wont want to bother.

I will definatly not be a Yummy Mummy... I havn't worn mascara in years anyway!

Perhaps I'll be a Yucky Mucky Mummy instead...

Love it!
Sounds tons better than Slummy Mummy
xxxxx

I think I'll try to split the difference and get some nice lululemon loose fitting track pants and a jacket/sweatshirt. This way it's super comfy but a little more 'put together' looking than my sloppies...

Something comfy and when I get home I will wear something nice, I'm not worried about a going home outfit its the last thing on my mind :lol:

hehe ok ok sooo I admit it the thought of going ANYWHERE without lippy and mascara fills me with dread - my mum did her makeup before going down to the labour ward when she had me and it appears to be hereditary hehehehehe

hiya hun im gona get me a valoor black tracksuit and wear my uggs :) be nice and cumfy and canhide all in black :) (apart frm me uggies) hehe xx

Blimey.... hadn't even thought about this but won't be buying anything special, will probably just wear some maternity jogging bottoms or something. Might as well use the mat clothes I have already shelled out on while I still can!

a big warm jumper, joggers and ugg boots! :) x

I packed my jogging bottoms and a tshirt when i was having lottie but DH took my bottoms home by mistake and i ended up leaving hospital in bright pink pj bottoms with stars on! Not a good look :rofl: This time i will make sure i have suitable clothes to leave wearing although it will definately be something comfotrable as i was in alot of pain down below when i had lottie and the thought of jeans etc was not one that entered my head! x

Although I take pride in my appearance, I doubt that anyone will be looking.... I will walk from the door of the hospital, to the car (hopefully about 50 yards or less) and from the car nto home (where I expect my first stop will be to change into a clean pair of PJs) :winkwink:

I agree that now is a good time to buy clothes - so will be looking at buying a few breastfeeding tops (handy for breastfeeding - which I hope to do - and normally styled to hide a bit of tummy). Blooming Marvellous and JoJoMamanBebe do some very nice ones. So I will probably pack one of those and some maternity jeans (always comfy) to wear home...

I don't expect the camera crews to be out taking my photo and wont be accepting any visitors the first day home either (unless they are there to specifically change nappies and cook me dinner :winkwink: ).

QT

im thinking probably my favourite pair of black comfies and a nice comfy t shirt! you can still look nice and presentable with casual comfy clothes

xxxx

Well I'm in size 8 maternity jeans at the moment which I'm pretty chuffed about. My stomach is huge but the rest of me has stayed exactly the same this far so I guess I will be wearing maternity jeans and a nice cardigan home from the hospital.

I have heard stories of women wearing their old pre pregnancy clothes home from hospital. Wishful thinking had me hoping this was true! :lol:

I have heard stories of women wearing their old pre pregnancy clothes home from hospital. Wishful thinking had me hoping this was true! :lol:

I think this thought should be banned completely :winkwink:

The, possibly, more realistic expectations is to be about the size we were at 5 months pregnant... I think it generally takes a few days/weeks for the uterus to contract (for a start). So this is what I am going by - don't want to set myself up for total failure (by taking in pre-pregnancy clothes :blush: ).

QT

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->