Has anyone used Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test?

meg0814

Reaction score
Well, I'm back! :) I was on here about 9 months ago because I was pretty sure I had a positive pregnancy test but after a few days of continuous retesting the second line on the tests I was taking stopped showing up :( My husband and I were upset and decided to take some time off from the stress of TTC for awhile. Well, we have (very) recently decided to start trying again! We bought the Clearblue Advanced Ovulation Tests in October but because of a random late cycle in October, we were going to wait to use them until my cycle got back to normal in December. It's my first time using any type of ovulation tests and I'm *hoping* that they're pretty accurate.

After waiting a few weeks, we decided we couldn't wait until December. According to the instructions I should have started using the kit yesterday but after our last minute decision last night to just give in and start using the kit now, I tested this morning for the first time (should have been the second stick I used). Now- I've been paranoid about infertility because of an abnormal pap smear I had in the past (followed by cryosurgery) so I was REALLY excited to see the solid, smiley face on these digital ovulation tests this morning. I've also been paranoid about infertility because I have ALWAYS had super regular periods, like clockwork, and after October's weird 8 day late period I started thinking what if something was wrong with me. Anyway, according to the instructions the solid smiley is supposed to indicate Peak Fertility. I'm really hoping this is true! So here's my question.. Has anyone used these and had a false positive? Is that even possible for these? Also, does getting a positive result like this mean that I am in fact fertile? And lastly- Is it concerning that I got the smiley the first time trying to use a test like this ever? Especially since according to the ovulation tracker in my phone (only goes by my period days) I shouldn't be ovulating for a few more days? I was just extremely excited when I saw the solid smiley because I felt like it was the answer to the "Am I fertile?" question. And, obviously just excited that I might get my BFP as soon as next month. Any and all advice is appreciated ladies. I know I typed WAY too much, so I really just appreciate you reading all of this. Thanks so, SO much! I can't wait to get back into this group and start talking with everyone! I missed commenting on posts!

I've never used the advanced digital ones but I have used the regular digital ones. What you have to remember is the smiley face means your body is getting ready to ovulate not that you actually have ovulated, so unless your doctor is doing blood work / ultrasound there's not really a way to absolutely confirm you ovulated. I would say more than likely they're right but just can't promise :) . Fingers crossed for a bfp!

I've never used the advanced digital ones but I have used the regular digital ones. What you have to remember is the smiley face means your body is getting ready to ovulate not that you actually have ovulated, so unless your doctor is doing blood work / ultrasound there's not really a way to absolutely confirm you ovulated. I would say more than likely they're right but just can't promise :) . Fingers crossed for a bfp!

That makes sense since my pregnancy/ovulation tracking app is saying I shouldn't be ovulating for 2 more days. Thanks for the info! That's definitely super helpful :)

Hi Meg -
I just started using the CB last month. My first test was blank circle for 3 days, then I got flashing smiley face for 4days then I finally got solid smiley face. The instructions say to stop testing which I did. Keep in mind my husband and I did the BD several times on flashing and solid smiley faces. However I am trying again this month. It is frustrating cause its a little expensive for the kit but I also know that it takes time and everyone is not fortunate to get pregnant on the first try.

As far as you getting a solid smiley face on first test strip, maybe due to you taking the test too late in your cycle. You could always call CB, but my understanding is you should get blank circle, flashing smiley face and then sold smiley face. Also my understanding is a solid smiley face does not mean your truly ovulating just that you had a surge in hormone levels. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Good Luck in TTC!

Hey there! I've used both the regular CB digital and the Advanced CB digital (depending which I felt like buying) for several months. Usually I do get the empty circle first, then the flashing smiley for a couple days, then the solid smiley. But I did test later in one cycle, and it immediately went to the solid smiley like yours. I also started charting my bbt a few cycles ago, so I was able to confirm O each time. For me, I seem to O on the 2nd day of a solid smiley, but it could also happen the next day. The other gals are correct that the test just confirms the LH surge, but doesn't necessarily mean an egg gets released. That's why I started charting, as the temp increase confirms that the egg was indeed released. Like one said, blood tests also confirm, but not sure if you're at a point yet to go in every month for blood tests. Hope that helps!

Wow, thanks ladies! That's a HUGE help! This is our first time using the OPKs, so I guess we'll see what happens. I was just worried because my past few cycles have been crazyy after many years of being like clockwork. If it goes a few months without a BFP I'll get it checked out. And I'll definitely start charting. I think that will help majorly. Thanks for all the info! :)

Hi

For anyone using the clear blue advance on average how many days have you had the flashy smilie faces for, before the solid face?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->