• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Have u or do u spank your child? Non judgmental thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree lisa. but really, it's no one elses goddamn business :D my kid, my rules, dont like it? shove it :D

and that's not aimed at anyone personally lol xxx

Totally 100% agree! If someone told me how to parent my kids i would tell then where to shove their opinions.

lol my two brothers are in their teens. when they fight, its like watching lions!!!

Its crazy to watch my 2 fight they are as hard as nails..ever since they could walk they have been climbing onto things just to jump off it and if theres nothing to jump off making something to jump off. Ita a wonder im not grey :haha:

When I first read that, I read

'it's a wonder I'm not GAY and got very confused lol! :haha:

I would rather have a swat on the bum then be called and reminded how worthless I was and how I would never amount to anything...yes that is ABUSE...too bad people don't know verbal abuse when they see it!!

I have to say congrats to those mothers who manage to not spank for whatever reason - golden children or something lol. However it doesnt give anyone a right to judge those who DO smack.

I would rather have a swat on the bum then be called and reminded how worthless I was and how I would never amount to anything...yes that is ABUSE...too bad people don't know verbal abuse when they see it!!

Or (and I have seen this happen on more than one occasion)

Been FORCED to 'discuss' just how I had made x y and z feel

Or allowed to be in a sulk for a whole lovely day out because 'we must be respectful of their feelings' and then feel awful and guilty for missing a day out and being glum through the whole thing

Or having so little clue about boundaries, that I find it hard to play with other children or be around other adults.

What a lonely, lonely life.

There are a lot of negative things that can occur in parenting, mostly at the extremes of the scale, beating is one and guess what, at the other end but JUST AS DAMAGING is this suffocating, empathetic 'let kids be adults' thing which messes people up too.

I'll go for the middle ground, thanks!

Makes a change sunshine ;)

Shall we wait for them to say we are bosom buddies and in cahoots with each other ;)

I know! Thing is, if I agree Ill say so, if I dont Ill say so (sometimes more bluntly than others!). Its never personal.

Same! If you don't know someone in person I think it's impossible to hold a grudge against them! Unless they prove time n time again they are just a troll that is x

I have to say congrats to those mothers who manage to not spank for whatever reason - golden children or something lol. However it doesnt give anyone a right to judge those who DO smack.

it does, because good parents do not hit their kids!
i have no golden child but i am a loving mom who explains, talks and has other ways to punish... reward system, time out or a firm no...or just ask why the kid is acting that way ... a lot of toddlers just can't explain their emotions...

ok so i will say this again, SWATTING A CHILD ON THE BUM DOES NOT MAKE SOMEONE A BAD PARENT!!!!!

there.

I'm kind of sat on the fence when it comes to spanking - I think it's okay in some circumstances, but not all. I don't know how I am going to feel about it once my baby is here and is old enough to make these mistakes, but I won't rule out spanking completely. I will only use it as a last resort. I will try other means of discipline first, and if that doesn't work then well, what can you do?

If my child doesn't tidy her room, then I won't spank her for it, I will just ban her from something (a toy, computer when she is older etc) and take time out and make use of the "naughty step". If she backchatted me and swore at me, then like I said, I will take the necessary routes to make sure that she understands that backchatting and swearing is not nice at all - but if all else fails. Until she is here and growing up, I don't know how she is going to be and how she will react to my methods of discipline. It's just seeing what works best, but as I said...spanking is an absolute last resort for me.

I do not consider light tapping abusive whatsoever. A punch in the face, pushed down the stairs, starved to death...yeah that's abuse. We all have our own beliefs on things, and we all come from different parts of the world, different religions and cultures.

What I intend to do with my child in the form is discipline is down to me and my OH - no one else. If we feel something doesn't work, then we move onto the next tactic, but spanking is the last thing we'd ever do - and only in the absolute extreme cases. If that makes me a child abuser then shoot me.

Different strokes for different folks.

i have no golden child but i am a loving mom who explains, talks and has other ways to punish... reward system, time out or a firm no...or just ask why the kid is acting that way ... a lot of toddlers just can't explain their emotions...

So your saying everyone who has smacked their kids arse is a bad parent?

I don't think you can come on here and say all spanking is illegal. we are all from diffrent areas of the world and I can strongly say, spanking isn't illegal where I am.

ok thats fair i should have stated the UK :blush:

ok so i will say this again, SWATTING A CHILD ON THE BUM DOES NOT MAKE SOMEONE A BAD PARENT!!!!!

there.

yes it is abuse, and abusive parents are not good parents! point

right well then that would give me the right to tell you that your parenting methods are wrong, would it?? i dont think what you do is wrong whatsoever, if it works for you and your kids, it works. however it does NOT work for everyone. No one is talking about getting a stick and beating the living snot out of their children. it is NOT abuse to swat on the bum and you are honestly ridiculous to think so.

Oh my god, there you go again. Saying that people who swat their kids are bad parents. You're just ridiculous. I think you should just leave this thread, you're obviously VERY judgemental and close minded.

it that moment yes, but everybody can change. if they really change and take their hands of their kids

Ok let's all agree that we are all god awful parents and let state authorities take all our kids and then don't have money to take care of the kids they took from "bad" parents so these self righteous hollier than thou people can stop sending everyone else to hell for SWATTING THEIR KIDS ON THE BUM!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to know exactly how many of the people who are soooooooo against smacking are already parents.

im a mother of 3 and i dont agree with it, but thats my opionion and again wont judge u if u do :)

it that moment yes, but everybody can change. if they really change and take their hands of their kids

God, you're really starting to piss people off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->