Hayfever/allergy relief whilst pregnant?

T

Tilly

Do any of you girls know of anything thats safe to take during pregnancy? as I can't take my usual allergy tablets and I was told today in Boots that they don't do anything. Anyone know otherwise??

Thank you and please help! I suffer from hayfever and have a terrible cat allergy, everytime I visit my mum (who has 2 cats ) my eyes are streaming and I sneeze sooo much.

My doctor today told me that it is ok to take Benadryl.. hope it gets better!! :) xx

Do any of you girls know of anything thats safe to take during pregnancy? as I can't take my usual allergy tablets and I was told today in Boots that they don't do anything. Anyone know otherwise??

Thank you and please help! I suffer from hayfever and have a terrible cat allergy, everytime I visit my mum (who has 2 cats ) my eyes are streaming and I sneeze sooo much.
Hi. I have hay fever as well and I believe there's a new plant here in California (just moved at the end of the summer) that I'm incredibly allergic to. I was suffering terribly until I finally asked my doctor what I could take and she said I could take pretty much anything, so I asked if my usual antihistamine 'Zyrtec' was safe and she said yes. But I think I'm going to need to ask for a prescription for something else, 'cause this just isn't cutting it anymore, with this new allergy here.

i was told by doc that "they cant prescribe me anything as they not allowed but some of the products say seek medical advice b4 taking if pregnant - they dont say you cant take them. so look on the shelf at what they say."

I had a rash in my second Tri and asked about anti-histamines, the only one they recommend is Piriton and thats at a push they don't like us taking anything!!!

I have all year round allergies (like hay fever but a little worse) and i was told i couldn't take anything for it. After 12 weeks i took matters into my own hands i started to take a nasal spray on bad days but when i turned 18 weeks i went to my doctors and told them what i'd been doing. The doctor told me she totally understood why i'd done it and then changed me onto another nasal spray that was a little safer. I asked if i could go back on my tablets (really strong anti histamines) but i was told i wouldn't be allowed back on the for the duration of my pregnancy but when i go into the 3rd trimester they can prescribe me a lower dose anti histamine.

Roll on 3 weeks time.

I have hayfever and really badly every year too. I usually get the kenalog injection every year but this year I have to suffer. :( Trouble is the tablets on the market today dont touch my symptoms that why I get an injection done.
I am not actually feeling much yet though. I try to stay in.. wipe down my dogs from any pollen.. dry clothes in the tumble dryer even though its boiling hot outside on the line!
And putting vaseline around your nostrils if you have to go out in the midday helps apparently to catch any pollen you may breathe in.

Am interested to learn that maybe it wont affect me this year as usually by April I am suffering already.
Thats intresting to know that Piriton and Benadryl can be used. Cos ordinarily they wont work for me but just may do this year. I used to have Zirtek til my body became immune to it! lol

I asked about this on a not sleeping thread the other day and some sanit - who I am going to seek out now - posted this link:

https://www.lloydspharmacy.com/weba...ry=18352&fromPage=&hotspot_prefix=ELECTRICALS

I've just bought one off ebay - new, so it hasn't been up anyone else's nose! Haven't got it yet, but when I do I'll put up a review of it to help others.

I'd never heard of this before, but if it works it'll be worth a lot more than I paid for it!

I asked about this on a not sleeping thread the other day and some sanit - who I am going to seek out now - posted this link:

https://www.lloydspharmacy.com/weba...ry=18352&fromPage=&hotspot_prefix=ELECTRICALS

I've just bought one off ebay - new, so it hasn't been up anyone else's nose! Haven't got it yet, but when I do I'll put up a review of it to help others.

I'd never heard of this before, but if it works it'll be worth a lot more than I paid for it!

She's not a 'sanit' (well, she might be...) but a saint!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->