HCG 23,500 at 5w0d UPDATE- TWINS!

Dark_Star

Reaction score
Is this really high? From what I am reading it seems very high for how far along I am.
It went from around 7,000-23,500 in 3 days, which is consistent in it doubling every 24 hours. I would be about 26DPO at the time of the test, 36 days from LMP.

Based on the chart on this page... I may be looking at twins?
https://www.netplaces.com/twins-tri...rst-trimester/hcg-screening-and-multiples.htm

UPDATE: 74,000 HCG at 5w4d.

Ultrasound confirms fraternal TWINS! 2 little flickering heartbeats, 2 sacs, and a nice thick wall between them.

Could very well be twins...when do you go for a scan?

Update- 73,000 at 5w4d.
Getting a scan tomorrow as I had some spotting.

Are you sure that's how far along you are? Could you be further?

I had a normal-ish period last month. I had an ovary removed in October so they have been wacky, but it was 4 days long. Did not take a pregnancy test last month.

I'm concerned about it being molar now.

holy crap that's high! but normal levels vary so much. I know when I was about 20dpo my levels were 809. a week later they were over 11,000 ... I had 2 go 2 the hospital 2day because I haven't kept food down n a few days & started not being able 2 keep fluids down either so I was dehydrated & they gave me a bunch of iv fluids.. I also have been having cramps that worry me. so they tested my levels again & they were 85,000 I was still freaked out so they did an ultrasound & saw baby with a healthy heartbeat. I at first thought my levels were really low it scared me. but like I said "normal" varies so much & every pregnancy is different. did ur doctor or whoever did the test seem concerned or anything?

I've read that it can also be normal too & there just being one baby in there.

All the best for your scan x

Hey there :)

Twins usually create lower beta levels believe it or not from the articles and studies I've read and posts on here :) they can create higher levels so it's a possibility.

It's the doubling that the doctors look at as opposed to the number its self as many women report very high numbers and have singletons :) only way to find out is from your scan :hugs:

Good luck.. that's if you want twins :D I would love it.. FX!

i think its normal! but also you could be farther a long. because of my healthy pregnancy i was limited to tests being done since they were unnecessary so i never got to know my hcg levels. there's a theory that girl babies produce higher hcg and i think that was my case because i found out i was pregnant only two days after implantation by a cheap test and my baby is a girl, so the hcg for me had risen faster in that sense.

Well it's the doctor in the ER that sent me for the scan today, he said my levels are high for where I am at, and arranged a scan for today to "See what's going on."
I lost one ovary and half of the other due to dermoid cysts, so I have been instructed to go to the ER immediately if I spot due to my increased ectopic risk. I was also having one sided pain but also that poor ovary got cut in half 3 months ago so it might just be the pregnancy changes causing it pain.

I would be thrilled with twins or triplets, I was not even supposed to be able to have one baby with the half an ovary I had. But 3 months after the surgery... BFP.

Good luck with the scan...definitely update us :)

Ultrasound confirms fraternal TWINS! 2 little flickering heartbeats, 2 sacs, and a nice thick wall between them.

I was stalking this thread...
So happy for you, what a miracle, congrats :)

Woo Hoo!!! That's so awesome, congratulations:):) Double the fun!

I do also have a "Minor bleed" according to the ER doc. I'm not sure what that means, he says to follow up with my family doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->