HCG levels dropped by 130 in 18 hours- help!

Well
Done Hun so pleased for you been checking your thread all day with fingers crossed, so happy for you xxx

That's really good Hun as when ur levels reach 1200 and above the 48 hour rule becomes 72/96 hour rule I'm sure I've read that on all the beta information sites :) xx

That is amazing bighouse! Good luck at your appointment tomorrow. Maybe your ob will do a scan?

So relieved for you bighouse. Good luck with next app.

This is most EXCELLENT news! I hope things continue to be bright for you and that the rest of your pregnancy is happy and healthy! :flower:

Thanks for all the support ladies! I don't really want another scan tomorrow... maybe the end of next week or the following week. I just don't want to bombard a developing baby with high frequency sound waves any more than necessary :)

I'll let you know when I get more HCG results tomorrow!

They told me that a progesterone level of 12 is "normal" and I don't need to take extra. But what I read online said most pregnant women at 5 weeks with a level of 12 got put on progesterone supplementation. So I don't know what to do. I can buy the cream online without prescription... thoughts?

I'm not overly impressed with my OB office (love the midwife but not the others) but I'm very limited on choices since I live in a rural area. So getting a 2nd opinion is not the easiest task (this practice is huge and 90% of the people who live around here go there).

cherrished- no I did not know that the 48 hour rule changes when your HCG gets over 1200! That's good news for me! Could you point me towards some of those beta sites you mentioned?

Progesterone supplements are controversial. For some women they seem helpful. For others, they are not. However, the evidence suggests that they may only prolong a non-viable pregnancy. Doctors are sometimes pressured by patients to be given progesterone. Other doctors may recommend them. There is still A LOT with regards to pregnancy that is not well understood yet and I think there is not a great evidence for or against them, which is why some prescribe progesterone and others do not. With your hCG being what it is, I wouldn't worry too much as long as it keeps rising well. Keep in mind that between 1,200 and 6,000 mIU/ml, it can take 72-96 hours to double and after 6,000 mIU/ml, it can take up to 4 days to do so.

It sounds like everything is going well. Good luck and keep us posted.

In many early pregnancies, the hCG level will double every 31 to 72 hours. As the pregnancy progresses, hCG levels rise and the doubling time increases.

"Normal" Doubling Time
hCG levels Doubling Time
Under 1200 mIU/ml 31-72 hours
Between 1200 to 6000 mIU/ml 72-96 hours
Over 6000 mIU/ml more than 96 hours

hCG levels rise during the first 6 to 10 weeks of pregnancy then decline slowly during the second and third trimesters.

Here is some info the site is called, countdown pregnancy.com beta hcg calculater section :) xx

This is great news! So happy for you and i hope they continue to rise. X

Well last night I started bleeding again (more than I had seen earlier in the week, and brighter red as opposed to pink) and there was even more this morning. Back on the emotional roller coaster. I have an appointment with the OB this morning, and more bloodwork. Prayers please!

Well last night I started bleeding again (more than I had seen earlier in the week, and brighter red as opposed to pink) and there was even more this morning. Back on the emotional roller coaster. I have an appointment with the OB this morning, and more bloodwork. Prayers please!

We have you in our thoughts hun. I hope you get some reassuring news. :hugs: :hugs:

Oh no, BigHouse! What an emotional roller coaster! The first trimester is THE WORST! Everything crossed for you to get good news today. :hugs:

I hope everything is ok. How did your appointment go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->