HCG trigger shot question. Anyone taken it?

manduh726

She calls me momma
Reaction score
This cycle on the 12th my husband and I did our first ever trigger shot of HCG 10,000 IU. I was wondering if you did this and became pregnant how long before you could test and know it was the pregnancy and not the shot? Any signs or symptoms. I am so hopeful this cycle.

We did injection on 12th after a round of Femara. I had two large follicles on my left ovary. We were told to have intercourse day of the shot then every other day till Sunday. Last night was the day after and when we did it it was so painful! I almost asked my husband to stop. I could feel it shooting right up to my left ovary. I don't know if thats a good sign.

Anyway thanks for reading I was just wondering what your experience was with the shot and finding out you were pregnant.

it depends really, but they say to wait at least 2 weeks after the shot for it to be completely out of your system. I always tested it out, taking pregnancy tests from about 7dpo and watched as the positive went to bfn..so once i was pregnant i knew for sure that it was a pregnancy and not the shot causing the positive.

I tested first 3 days and cant bare to watch it fade so I stopped.

I tested first 3 days and cant bare to watch it fade so I stopped.
For me the trigger was out 10 days after trigger (sometimes earlier though), if you dont want to test out the trigger then i would say wait at least until 11-12 dpt. if its a real BFP the line will get darker, upon subsequent testing, if its the trigger it will get lighter

I never got any shots but that shooting pain to the ovary I had this month during sex and also after the little spermies began swimming into my ovary. It causes a strong pain for me every time..

Trigger shots stay in my system up to 10 days past trigger. Everyone is different though. Only way to know a line is real if you've taken a trigger is to test it out and hopefully watch it get darker again or not test until 14DPO.

I tested today. Day 5 and no more positive but I am using internet cheapys.

I tested today. Day 5 and no more positive but I am using internet cheapys.
Yeah i would only use cheapies! otherwise it would cost a lot of money. I always tested from 7dpo with cheapies and then 10 dpo with frer. For my postive cycle my tests were bfn by 8dpo, and on 10dpo got a bfp on frer and very slight bfp on a cheapie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->