Head Banging? - worried

PepsiChic

mummy of 2 boys!
Reaction score
My Lo started banging the back of his head off objects, walls mainly, slowly over the last few weeks he does it when hes near anything, door, the fridge, desks, boxes, cabinets, crib, he'll crawl over to it, sit up so his back is against it and start banging his head quite hard.

At first i figured he just figured out how to do it and liked the noise or something...but he keeps doing it and im worried that maybe its linked to something? hes 10.5months old. I know autism doesnt show up till about 12 months, but could this be an early sign?

maybe im just over tired, over stressed and over emotional today, and im worrying about nothing. but at the same time it could be something. :(

Sorry I don't really know anything about this but I think autism signs don't really start to show up til 18 months so I don't think it would be a sign.

Hope he's not hurting his head!

I'm wondering about this too as Colin has been doing this too. Seems like he does it more often when he's bored or tired so wonder if that has something to do with it. I googled it, (I know, I know bad thing to do) and mostly everything I saw said it is normal. Maybe check it out next time he's seen by his dr.

thanks for the replies ladies. I guess i'll just keep an eye on him, his next appointment is his 12 month one, so for now i'll wait till then unless he really get violent with it.

/i don't know hun, but I've heard of other babies doing this before (except banging forward). Sometimes babies do really strange things :wacko:

Completely normal, it is a stress reliever. Baby center actually had it in an email article around 10 months. Nolan does it all the time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->