Healthy Start Vouchers!!!

LongRoadAhead

♥Due 06/05/09♥
Reaction score
Hey girls!
Not sure if any of you are on them already but just thought Id say if your under 18 and pregnant no matter what your situation, Your intitled to healthy start vouchers! One 3.00 pound Voucher a week,every week whilst your pregnant. And then untill baby is a year old you get two 3.00 pound vouchers a week and then after their one and younger than four you get one 3.00 pound voucher.
It might not seem much but there brilliant!! You can spend them on fresh fruit, fresh vegtables, milk, and baby formula!
and to make it even better you can use as many vouchers you want for one purchase, so say a tub of baby formula is 7 pound, You could use two and pay the extra pound which is going to be ideal as I get nearer the end of pregnancy!
Just thought Id let you know incase some of you havent been on them or anything
XxXxx

Thanks that is very helpful.
Will have to see if i can get something like that in the US.

You have to be on income support of tax credits to recieve them if you are over 18, didnt know you could get them if you where under as they have to be authorised by a benefits agency.

Not here they don't you just fill out the form and get your midwife to sign it and send it off. All 18's and under who are pregnant are intitled to them. Its different for over 18's, and you have to be on some sort of support. But I posted it here as alot of the people are under 18.
Xx

cool didnt know you could get them under 18. Took them 21 weeks to sort out mine but they gave me a cheque to make up for it and got my vouchers. They are handy for the milk man and you get your forumla out of them. Doubles when baby is born the tokens.

ps thats what i mean about being over 18 on benefits i wasnt aware you got the before 18 as it was so much hasssel to get mine. If they mess you about email them dont call them as i did for months and was ignored until i emailed the manager and got it sorted.

doc can fill in the part of the forum also.

do you get the sure start grant then also? look that up.

Junebug17 in the US we have WIC... but its only if your pregnant. Its really easy to sign up for though especially if you are under 18 you are pretty much guaranteed if not living with your parents. Just thought I would let you know that. There is also food stamps.

cool didnt know you could get them under 18. Took them 21 weeks to sort out mine but they gave me a cheque to make up for it and got my vouchers. They are handy for the milk man and you get your forumla out of them. Doubles when baby is born the tokens.

ps thats what i mean about being over 18 on benefits i wasnt aware you got the before 18 as it was so much hasssel to get mine. If they mess you about email them dont call them as i did for months and was ignored until i emailed the manager and got it sorted.

doc can fill in the part of the forum also.

do you get the sure start grant then also? look that up.

Well Im not sure if all under 18's get the sure start grant. But no matter what our circumstance we are all intitled to Income support, 11 weeks before and 11 weeks after baby is born, So yes Im guessing you get the sure start maternity grant. I know me and 2 of my friends who are currently pregnant are so Im assuming anyone can go on the Income support if their pregnant and unable to work
Xx

Think its called claiming under the special rules. You should get income support from anytime if you are not fit for work the sure start grant you apply for 11 weeks before baby is born.

Ok well I didn't say I was an expert in this
Just on what I knew and what I have got told

I wasnt having a go at you :( sorry if you thought I was was trying to be helpful also. Mentioned the grant as my midwife even told me that the social dont like telling people about what your entitled to.

Please dont think I was having a go xx

No No I didnt think that atall, I was just saying what I knew/got told, Its good if other people know the ins and outs.
Yeah I know what you mean, They always seem to forget to mention what we can get on the government!! Always best to do a bit of research lol!
No need apoligise, I know u went having a go hun
Xxx

If you are under 20 u can also go to connexions they are really good wit what ur entitled to... my midwife isnt too sure about wot im entitled to especially that im still in college nd livin at home wit my mum so im seein my connexions adviser on monday.... they are really good nd can meet u at home if you are unable to go to them
https://www.connexions-direct.com/
hope this helps
xoxoxo

I was an estate agent before people stopped buying houses and go let go in Sept. Went to get job seekers allowance and the next day had my booking in visit. The midwife was shocked that the woman on the phone to registar or the person in the job centre who both knew my situation didnt tell me about healthy start as they are supposed to tell you!

There bloody useless i don't know what im entitled too. Plus i dont see my midwife for another 3/4 weeks so i need to wait til then to get my form signed xx

I hate having to wait ages to get forms signed. Seeing my midwife friday though then I can finally get it sent off!
Anyone know if you have to re-apply when the baby's born or if it's all done for you?

I think its all done for you hun, But always best to double check xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"