heartbeat at 16+ weeks

quail

Reaction score
hli i had a antenatal appointment at 16+ weeks and babys heartbeat ws 120bpm midwife said that was fine but im concerned it was a little low can any ladies share with me what theres was around 16 weeks ,thanks.xxx

Mine was 120 at my 16 week appointment too. i was also thinking it was low, but my MW didnt mention it so i guess we just have relaxed babies! x

i havent even heard my babies heartbeat im pissed i wanna hear it!!

Mine was 120 at my 16 week appointment too. i was also thinking it was low, but my MW didnt mention it so i guess we just have relaxed babies! x

thats reasurred me thanks for taking the time to post im a worrier so i thought baby would be racing like me ,but like you say they must be very chilled out,do you feel baby move regulary now?.xx

Yeah she moves about all the time and at my 20 week scan everything was spot on so i wouldnt worry :) I remember the scan lady looking at the heart close up for a while but im guessing this is normal? (its my first baby) and she said everything looked fine. Dont know if she took a reading bpm at the 20week scan so i dont have anything to compare to. I have my next mw on tues so i will ask her then (if it stays at 120 or gets slower) and let you know if you are worried? x

Could it have been that baby was sleeping when you had your reading? Surely a sleeping baby would have a lower heart rate (even though it is still well within the boundaries of normal!)

Could it have been that baby was sleeping when you had your reading? Surely a sleeping baby would have a lower heart rate (even though it is still well within the boundaries of normal!)

i wondered that too,mabye thats why.xx

Yeah she moves about all the time and at my 20 week scan everything was spot on so i wouldnt worry :) I remember the scan lady looking at the heart close up for a while but im guessing this is normal? (its my first baby) and she said everything looked fine. Dont know if she took a reading bpm at the 20week scan so i dont have anything to compare to. I have my next mw on tues so i will ask her then (if it stays at 120 or gets slower) and let you know if you are worried? x

Looking at the heart for awhile should have been to make sure it looked good and there was four chambers. When I had my last ultrasound the lady told me everything she was doing in detail and then the doctor came in and looked at the heart as well.

To the OP: I'm sure everything is fine, if it wasn't your midwife would have been concerned! :) Don't worry!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->