Heat rash for 3 days? With Pics

L

Laura--x

I made a thread about a rash on Maisies belly...

I found it Wednseday morning on the one side of her belly, little red spots everywhere... thought nothing of it.

After her bath before i put her to bed i noticed it was all over her face.Looked at her body, and it was now all over her belly and sides. I was a bit concerned, but said well see how she is in the morning.

It was still there, so i took her to the drs. Even though she was feeding and is fine in herself, i wanted it checked anyway. She asked if we changed washing poweders or anything and i said no, so she said it looks likes its just a heat rash, gave me some calomine (sp) lotion and told me to keep her clothes light and cotton only..

Its got even worse this morning.Its pretty much everywhere, all over her belly,arms,face, and some by her *bits*.

Ive put the lotion on again but i know that does nothing apart from keep it cool to stop it from itching.

Can a heat rash last this long?? And get worse?? Its not overly hot here, not as hot as its been before where she didnt get a rash... Shes still ok in herself and is still eating.. but still?

Heres some pics... It looks worse in real life though...

P8290407.jpg

P8290408.jpg

P8290409.jpg

P8290412.jpg

P8290411.jpg

hey hun,

Thats exactly like what Soph has, she gets it on her face and neck. My HV said it was heat rash and to be honest it fades then comes back especially if she has been in bed with me and got toasty!
She told me to put moisturiser on it i used johnsons naturals cream and within 4 hours it was gone, i thought it was a fluek so i did it again the next day and the same thing happened so now i just use that everyday and she's fine!
But if youre still worried a quick visit to your doc or HV will set your mind at ease! xxx

Also meant to add she started getting it 5 weeks ago

I went to boots eaerlier to get some, spoke to the pharmasist and she said its best not to use anything on her at all ( not in the bath, no creams or anything ) and if it hasnt gone by next tuesday ( which will be a week ) to go back...

Its just getting worse and worse, it doesnt seem right to me.

Brooke had a horrible heat rash like that and id been putting all sorts on it, she was scratching it so much she was cutting herself, someone on here suggested putting nappy cream on it and it cleared it up a treat.

Give it a try hun

Brooke had a horrible heat rash like that and id been putting all sorts on it, she was scratching it so much she was cutting herself, someone on here suggested putting nappy cream on it and it cleared it up a treat.

Give it a try hun

She isnt scratching it which is a good thing, thats why ive stopped putting the calomine lotion on for now.

So i should try some cream then?? What did you use hun??

x

It looks like it could be an allergic reaction. My baby had what looked a lot like this for 4 days and the doctor thought it was either heat rash or an allergic reaction so I gave him childrens benadryl, he is also 4 months old, and it cleared up a few days later. Has yours put anything in her mouth that she normally doesnt or are you breastfeeding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->