Help choosing a pushchair please!

Joyzerelly

Mama to two darlings
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I wonder if you can give me some ideas on the best pushchair to buy for my 5 month old babe?

I really want to keep him in a cosy carrycot longer but being abnormally enormous, his head touches the top and his feet touch the bottom, he fills it completely. :cry:

So... I'm now looking for a fully reclinable, lay/lie flat pushchair which is nice and enclosed and snug around the head with a good hood so not at all drafty. (We have a Maxi cosi mura at the moment and its stupidly airy) I want my little chap to be cosy, and able to sleep with his head at least in a dark sheltered head end almost as if he's in a carrycot.
I also want the pushchair to be both parent facing and outward facing too. My baby is 71cm tall. A decent maximum weight would be good too (more like 25kg than 15kg, he's already 11kg now :blush:)

Thanks for your input, :flower:

I have a mclaren XT for my son who is now 8 months but we've used it since he was 2 months. I think its great, it relines really nicely for when he's having a snooze and he's very comfortable in it. The only downside is its not parent facing but it has a little window so I can see him and he loves looking out at the world when we go for walks.

mamas and papas switch 2 in1 it lays completly flat and can choose between parent or forward facing

Great thread, we are just looking at buying a pushchair as our 3 in 1 travel system is so bulky and way too heavy!
xxx

I love my Mothercare My3 and Oliver gets excited everytime he gets put in it.

Hi
I would advise you maybe look at the mamas and papas Sola. It's great I've just bought my 1. It's long when reclined and is really light to push. It faces both ways also and has some great colours and matching accessories. Also u get £50 off the pushchair if u buy the carseat it's so easy to use no stress what so ever and it closes pretty small also.

Baby boy due in 7weeks! Scary but exciting! Xx

I started off with the Maclaren xlr, then I got a Quinny Zapp, then I got a Mamas and Papas Luna and so far I don't actually know why I wasn't happy witht he Maclaren! Its been the best so far and the only downside is it is a bit on the bulky side but to be honest the XT is the same thing, just smaller! I would reccomend that, or their cheaper models which are just as good just not as bulky :D

Harrison is a couple of cm taller than your LO and he still fits in the bugaboo cameleon carrycot! We dont use it anymore though - we use the pushchair, and i find it does everything you want it to.

Bit pricey though, but you can pick them on ebay for MUCH less than RRP!

I have an Oyster aswell, which has a nice comfy seat unit, very spacey, and the hood extends (there is a zip acros the top, if you undo it folds right down. BRILLIANT for if its windy!

Eta - i dont mind posting pictures of either with harrison in so you can see what i mean :) x

Hi ive just bought hauk manhattan and its fab it also faces towards you and out when youre ready :) and you can get the carseat to match and just pop that onto chassis

I've got a my3 which we are using in place of our mamas and papas pilko pramette for our 6 week old, he weighs 14lbs 13ozs and is 61 cms already.... its a properly cosy pram and its really nice to push and he's much happier in it.
I'd be careful with mamas and papas prams for bigger babies, I've found them to be very narrow, so if yours is quite solid and chunky I think there are others out there that will offer much more space :)

I initially had an emmaljunga pram but bought a maclaren techno xt when LO was 8.5 months (due to emmaljunga being huge). I love it and can't fault it at all xx

I agree with A3my i've got maclaren. I love it so does Oliver!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->