• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help! Ran out of Alimentum while visiting England

flashy09

Reaction score
What would be the equivalent in England and how to I get it? My husband has a NHS card, but my baby does not. Can I still get a prescription and pay for it?

I am too scared to try soy since so many milk protein intolerant babies are also intolerant to soy and I don't want to deal with cramps and bloody diapers while staying with MIL!

Thank you!

The best thing to do I think is phone NHS direct and talk to them. See if your lo would be able to go to the closest urgent care centre and get a prescription. There is no equivilant to Alimentium formula that you can buy ove the counter to my knowledge. xxx

I think the equivalent to your milk is Nutramigenn AA or Neocate which you can only get on perscription x

I researched online and I think what I need is Nutramigen Lipil. Is that available without a prescription? Thanks!

Im not sure. Your best bet is to go to your nearest pharmacy and ask. Its likely though that even if you can buy it without a prescription that 1. It will be very expensive and 2. They may not have it in stock and you would need to wait a day for them to get it in for you. xxx

I agree with 'Skunkpixie'. I think you can buy it online but for about £25! so easier to get it on perscription if pos x

Only soy is available in the shops for intolerant babies. the other stuff is prescription only but prescriptions are free for children in the UK. If your husband is entitled to NHS care then his child should also be.

You can buy it as my lo was trying it to see if it made a difference to her, cut a long story short it was on prescription but chemist was shut so I called around, an found a chemist that stocked an sold it! It cost £25 for a small tin, it's hard to get doctors to prescribe it over here so u maybe best to bring it with u or research online to order it an have delived to mil house? Good luck x

You can buy it but it will be very expensive and may not be stocked so the pharmacy may have to order it in. But it's not a prescription only item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->