help with hospital bag please

buttons1

Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
I'm stressing a bit about what to pack in hospital bag. I have made a list but i am a bit of a worrier and feel like i must have forgotten something. do you think this list is ok and any extra suggestions if i have forgotten something would be great
Thanks

For me

maternity notes
1 nightie for labour
slippers
dark pj's for after
towel
pants and socks
nursing bras x2
lip balm
toothpaste and brush
razor
hairbrush
shampoo
shower gel
snacks and drinks
ipod
2 vest tops
loose clothes to wear during day
going home clothes
breast pads
maternity pads (2 packs, about 20)
anti bac gel

for baby
3x sleep suits
1x smaller sleep suit
4x newborn vests
blanket
1 pack nappies (27)
nappy sacks
2 x hats
2 x scratch mits
1 x cardigan
1 x snow suit
muslin squares
baby wipes
cotton wool
going home outfit
finally for daddy
drink and snacks
digital camera and spare batteries
video camera ( I stress for after the birth, no filming to be done during the birth :rofl: )
change of clothes

Wow seems like you have everything covered there :D x

The only things I would say from what I've been told is to take 2 blankets, incase one gets sicked on, and also might be worth taking a 0-3 vest & sleepsuit incase bubs is big when they're born. I also might not bother with the razor for you. After giving birth I don't think you'll really give a crap if you have hairy armpits/legs :lol:

Sounds good though :) xx

Good list hun. I would say put 2 towels in, the one you use for your shower st after labour will be quite bloody, so pack another small one just in case you are in overnight for the following morning. You could also put a sponge/flannel/some plastic bags for dirty clothes/cream to take any make up off or moisturise skin/pack tissues. I have only packed about 5/6 nappies (you could put rest in car in case need more but free space in your bag as they are a bit bulky).

To save on space you could put the baby blankets and going home clothes/snowsuit all in your carseat (tied into a big bag) and leave it in the car until you are ready to go home.

Hope that helps hun. x

Looks good - maybe a towel for baby.

Lots of old pants or disposable pants for after.

Also a bendy straw... so if you are leaning forward during labour you don't have to sit back to have a drink.

Sanitary pads for afterwards, the hospital does supply these, but if you're picky like me, you'll want your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->