HELP! WTT in November but had a little accident....

MrsClark24

Reaction score
Some have decided to sway for a boy and I've been doing all things boy for 3 weeks. We are wanting to try in my next cycle in November.

However... We have had a little accident. The condom broke.

Im on day 21 of my 26 day cycle. I got a positive ovulation test on day 14 and I'm due on my period in 5 days.

What's the chances of me getting pregnant? I don't want to get pregnant yet as I have more sway to do, We aren't ready this month!

But I read if I take the morning after pill it will affect my ovulation next month.

Do I risk it and risk getting pregnant or take the morning after pill and risk my ovulation being messed up next month? !!!!!HELP!!!!!!!

Unlikely. The egg only lasts a couple of days post ovulation. I personally wouldn't have the MAP if I was TTC next month. Do a test when you are due.

If you got a positive OPK on CD14, that means ovulation as late as CD16. If the condom broke on CD21, it's quite unlikely you'd get pregnant. The egg is only viable for 12-24 hours at most after ovulation, so CD17 would be the end of the likely days for getting pregnant.

That being said, swaying for a boy is a bit of a crap shoot on the best of days, so MAP just because you're worried it's gonna be a girl is a bit much. You're gonna have this gamble every month you TTC.

Do you mind me asking mrsclark what things you're doing to sway for a boy. We already have a gorgeous girl and we'd really love a boy next so really curious as to how you're trying to sway it X

When I took the morning after pill many years ago, my cycles were messed up for MONTHS. It also semi-permanently changed my PMS symptoms, magnifying them dramatically for over a year. I don't recommend it except in the most extreme circumstances.

Would it be so bad to get pregnant a month earlier than you planned? I also agree with the others who stated that it's really unlikely that you're pregnant if the condom broke on CD 21.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->