Here is a place to VENT! No negative comments please.

i have been to the FS but they put me on metformin and ive been doingthe soy and actually started my own new cycle last week. so were trying that first....it will be $700 to get oh tested before the will give me clomid

WHAT?!?!! That sounds WAYYY too expensive. Our SA only cost $20!
Are you sure? Would they give you a price break if you paid cash/credit card at time of service? (my HSG was $1,000 but they drop it to $400 cash/cc)

yup im sure. its cuz he doesnt have insurance of any kind so my doc said it would be $700 for that to be done on him before they can do any actual infertility treatments on me. they have to make sure its not him before they try to treat me. thats y were not saying its for fertiliy at this point so they cant stop what treatments i am getting and turn me to infertility. so far were saying its for my periods and eventualy to concieve

by the way i just noticed today ure prego! big congrats....i dont think i have told u yet...if i have well again congrats lol

wow that is a lot of money. OMG. have you tried other places out of state? it may be worth the drive. just a thought.

Our $20 cost was without insurance as ours won't pay a PENNY toward anything fertility related.
Are they doing genetic testing or something?!?!
I have another friend who paid $300 for hers, and I think they tested a few more things than they did for us.
(and thanks!!! I hope it gives others hope!!)

Ours was an SA where they checked count, morphology, mobility, PH, volume, viscosity... a basic test but they usually don't do the pricier tests until there is a reason to suspect something else is wrong....
I know they can do full panels where they tell you how many of each abnormality (how many had 2 head, 2 tails etc etc.....) But again... they usually only do that if the first test is bad.

I just feel like they're trying to rip you off somehow!! :(
though it is smart of them to test him first... I remember looking at my DH after the first 2 rounds failed thinking to myself that it might be all his fault as he had some bad lifestyle habits :rofl:

Shoot, if you're close enough, drive up to Santa Barbara... even the gas and a hotel in our pricy town would keep the cost lower than they're trying to charge you!! :rofl:

yah thats exactly what i was thinking. could you send me a PM of the name of the place that did it and the doc. who did it etc. im sure we could always enjoy a nice little vacation while were there too lol maybe in a few months or so if nothing happens. thats y i hate kaiser they always want the most money for everything

I know lisa that is what I am saying too. I think that is the best way for her to go too. best of luck hun!

ya that does sound like a good idea and thats most likly what we will do. its like 2 or 3 hours away from here so its not to bad

I can ask my DH if you're truly interested. You do have to get the order from your doctor (not sure if Kaiser will send an order out to another lab??) They only do it on certain days of the week and you have to have an exact appointment time, lol!
I agree though.. you'd at least get the vacation for the same amount of money :rofl:

You can try to call around in your area too if you want. If insurance isn't covering it, do you HAVE to go through Kaiser? Maybe even call around in your area and save your money for the other tests/treatments?

Pacific Diagnostics Laboratories is where he went. They don't do the SA at all locations, and like I said, they aren't there every day of the week and you need a specific time appointment so that the sample is analyzed when its fresh etc...
They have them all over (not sure if you are northern or southern california) but I would even call around to local labs unless you're just looking for an excuse to come here and visit!! :D

im in so cal and no he doesnt have to go to kaiser thats just where my insurance is for me. i think they said all they need is the paper with the results on it. i will def. be looking into that if nothing else happens in a few months. i want to give the metformin and soy a chance first. i honestly dont think its him i think its me with not o-ing so that will be the last thing to do before we go straight to the fertility treatments ...........im so glad u told me about that i didnt know other places did it that cheap, the exact apointment wouldnt be bad because we would have to reserve a hotel room anyways

Right, there may be a similar cheap lab near you though.. .worth looking into.
I know it was a huge relief testing him and I was mistaken it was $25, not $20, lol... either way, it was so WORTH it to have that peace of mind. Prior to the test, I kept looking at him sideways wondering if I was getting my hopes up each month while he was shooting blanks :haha:

ya i saveed the website and will look more into it if i NEED to. im really hopeing we dont and we figure out my problems but if thats what it takes to get them to give me better stuff we will be making a trip down to that office. we would both like to go out there because im sure we will both be stressed out over it all like we have been now and a little get away from every1 would be nice

Hoping lisa will answer this question since she is an expert. LOL. But all answers are welcome. OK so I defo think I may be out because my temp has not gone up significantly from yesterday. Tell me what you ladies think.

Haha... thanks for the compliment, but I've learned that post-O temps are not that easy to interpret after I was SURE I was out when mine stayed down for a few days... check out my chart! Lol.. this may be a GREAT sign for you :haha: especially if you have a long/normal LP!

yeah I checked yours and it gave me some hope. thanks lisa you are the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->