Hittin the sides of crib

mummytobe

2 little girls
Reaction score
Bit of advice needed please ? :thumbup:

Alyssa is such a wriggly baby and she keeps wriggling to the edge of the crib and her head hits the bars which then wakes her up, i was gonna put the crib bumper on the main side which she hits but i was told that its not safe and could suffocate them ?!

Any ideas what i can do to stop her hitting her head on the bars ? Thanks :flower:

i had the same problem and didnt wanna use a bumper so i came across these

https://airwrap.com.au/

they are for cots or cotbeds though, so when your lo is in a cot maybe get one of these, they are padded and breathable

We found the only solution was to put her in a full size cotbed and it solved the problem! Parents in law were gutted as they bought the crib and it was only used for 8 weeks!

I posted a picture with our solution on another thread. We put a rolled up towel under the sheet.

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/238045-baby-move-cot-keeps-banging-head.html

Let me know how you get on, I'll be interested to see how it works for others!

Will do :) Just to check tho, is it ok for a 4 week old baby in a crib? or is it just for bigger babies in a cot??

Will do :) Just to check tho, is it ok for a 4 week old baby in a crib? or is it just for bigger babies in a cot??

They did it for Abby in the incubator when she was 3lbs, so I would think it would be fine for a 4 weeker!

As long as you don't make it too high, with Abby it comes up to the back of the ears, we started with a wee towel and it has got bigger as she has.

It might even work doing it the other way round, having the rounded edge of the towel at the bottom, coming up to her armpits on either side.

The other thing we do is "apple pie" the sheet. Fold the bottom end of the sheet up the way and form a kind of pouch to put her in. This stops her wriggling down.

Do you swaddle? This was helpful with Abby in the beginning.

Cool thanks, will give it a go tonight and will let you knw whether it works.

Earl does this every night so we have done something very similar and put a rolled up cotton sheet under his bottom sheet at the edges. It's literally 2cm high and wide but it just stops him from clouting his head. :thumbup:

It's a shame that there are so many problems with bumpers as this is what they are supposed to stop, but I don't want to risk it. He already pulls blankets over his head and gives me heart attacks so the thought of him rolling over for the first time into his bumper is just too much! :cry:

I tried your idea last night foogirl but with a rolled up muslin and it worked a dream. She didnt hit the sides at all which means she slept for longer and she didnt hurt herself ! Best idea EVER thankssss xxx

I tried your idea last night foogirl but with a rolled up muslin and it worked a dream. She didnt hit the sides at all which means she slept for longer and she didnt hurt herself ! Best idea EVER thankssss xxx

Excellent! I'm so glad it works for others. Maybe I should patent something......:thumbup:

i had the same problem and didnt wanna use a bumper so i came across these

https://airwrap.com.au/

they are for cots or cotbeds though, so when your lo is in a cot maybe get one of these, they are padded and breathable

Just bought some of these! thanks x:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->