Holiday worries

Cassiewuk

Reaction score
Hi

Am off on holiday tomorrow I am 23 weeks and am off to Egypt for two weeks. I was talking to a friend and she was around the same stage she went to Majorca and said that due to the heat and also the flight she swelled up like a balloon. Now a bit worried that I am going to have fluid retention. I have got flight socks and am planning to sit in the shade and not go crazy but any other suggestions to help me on my hols.

Cheers

Lots and lots of sun cream .your skin is more sensitive now.have fun.

Drink lots of bottled water to keep hydrated. Wear lots of suncream, a hat and dont let yourself get too hot. Remember to avoid salads etc as they will have been washed in local water so only have fruit etc that you have washed yourself. Get up and walk about lots when you are on the plane. And remember to have a lovely time - Egypt - I'm so jealous!! xxxxx

Egypt - I'm so jealous!! xxxxx

Ditto!!!!!

Just keep drinking... roll your ankles while your on the flight!!

Ofcourse your going to be more hot and botherd because its so warm out there. Dont spend this holiday worrying... enjoy it!!

Keep in the shade, lots of suncream.... things that your mum would nag you about lol.

Have Fun and bring back some warm weather!!

ditto again - I'm going to mauritius in a couple of weeks and a freind told me she went to jamaica around my time and her feet swole up and never came down again until her pregnancy ended! She said move around the plane a LOT and drink lots and lots of fluids. I think the plane journeys are the main thing to worry about in terms of swelling.
General safety when you're out there is keep hydrated and not too hot and suncream (your skin is more sensitive to the sun).

You jammy sod i want to go away on holiday but my OH won't because we were away in January.

If you get to hot go to your air con-ed room and chill out for a bit.

I stood up for about an hour and 1/2 of my flight (it was a 10 hour flight) which was nice. You dont have to walk around you can just hover near your seat and talk to you OH. Buy some normal cream for the flight (buy it when you've gone through customs) because your skin will dry out.

Hey try not to worry, just make sure you move about on the plane like the others said.

I am to Germany for two days when i am 28 wks then to MAjorca the following weekend so will be 3o wks when i come home!
I have to get a letter from the dr/midwife to say how many weeks i am and that i am fit to fly.

Check with your airline what their rules are for pregnant people and also it wouldn't hurt to get a letter from your midwife so that then you are covered as airlines do have a right to refuse you to fly.

You lucky thing! I wish i could afford my last baby-less holiday! :(

You can eat salads its perfectly fine, especially in the hotel as they rinse everything in bottled water. Egypt is ace! One thing tho, if you're just going to sharm you will be fine but if your gonna go on any tours get a plane instead of a coach cos its an all night drive to ciaro and I would probably say if you go to the pyramids don't go inside. Just from experience. Its cramped, warm, humid and there is no air inside!

Sharm is the reason I had a 23 inch waist for my wedding. I went there the year before and picked up amoebic dysentry, which then aggravated my IBS resulting in a very very skinny bride.

I wouldn't eat the salads if I were you, and watch out for ice in drinks. And don't brush your teeth in the tap water.

Hi , I went to sharm in egypt last july and no im going again in july il be 24wks ! i cant say about swollen ankles because I wasnt pregnant last time. But as for the food in our hotel and most of the 5 star they are immaculate and I never got as much a qusy stomack .. and my oh has a really sensitive stomack and he was the same.. i had salads and fruit etc. We also eat out of the hotel and was fine also obviously there was some restaurants that we avoided but you own judgement will tell you where to eat and not to eat. It is amazing over there you will have a ball !!

Il be moving over here tommorrow ! so when you get back let us know how you got on with swollen ankles etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->